over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Berberine -BRAND?

whacked

Registered
What brand do you use and how are you sure it’s legit and has helped you?

The half-life of this stuff is pretty crappy as well. Any tricks to extend this?

Thorne Research is about as sure a bet you can make. Use it in conjunction with Milk Thistle(Jarrow).
500mg Berberine + 150mg Milk Thistle 3x daily.

Personally, I am not sold on Dihydroberberine yet but I suppose it could have merit.

Like knight mentioned, not sold on it either. Why not just use Metformin?

I have a family member on Solaray's product and blood glucose has fallen from 120s down to 90s in a couple months.

I have used it with good results. GI motility is what I noticed + gastric dump efficiency. After studying folk medicine I notice a few cultures recommend it for digestion.

here is a copy and paste from selfhacked for some lab examples, this article says berberine is found in goldenseal roots wtf? goldenseal is a potent immune system compound often stacked with echinacea

Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis), native to North America, is an herb that has been traditionally used to fight infections. Much of modern research has focused on **broken link removed**, a bitter compound found in Goldenseal roots with many medicinal qualities [24].

Berberine is a natural, safe anti-diarrheal. In a clinical trial with 196 people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), berberine significantly reduced diarrhea frequency and stomach pain, improving the quality of life [25].

In another clinical trial with 165 people, berberine stopped diarrhea due to E. coli in 42% of the cases after just 1 day of use [26].

In human and rat studies, berberine from goldenseal significantly speeds up digestion, reducing the time it takes for food to travel through the small intestine [27, 28].

In rats, berberine reduced gut inflammation (possibly by reducing lipid peroxidation and NF-κB levels). In diabetic rats, it helped restore the gut barrier and improved nutrient absorption [29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34].

Berberine might be helpful for clearing toxins that reach the blood in people with leaky gut, such as LPS. In mice with high LPS (endotoxemia), it helped prevent leaky gut. In a gut tissue study, it blocked about 70% of the toxins produced by gut bacteria (Vibrio cholerae and E. coli) [35, 36].

Thanks all. Surprised no one makes a Milk Thistle / Berberine combo supp

I've been using the Nutricost brand for a while. So far so good. I do like Nutricost's products other products as well. A friend of mine works in the supplement manufacturing business and has said that their products are solid.

Any other proven brands anyone wants to add here?

This particular variability of potency between different brands of Berberine was performed a few years ago. Whether or not each brand is still consistent as previously tested, I dunno.

Or you could subscribe to Consumer Labs, as they keep up to date on which particular brands are worth the money.

"Variability in Potency Among Commercial Preparations of Berberine"​

Amazing Formulas Berberine was the top pick on consumerlab. It's what I use.

I do not take it with Milk Thistle because I have borderline ferritin problems and milk thistle makes the problem worse.

Amazing Formulas Berberine was the top pick on consumerlab. It's what I use.

I do not take it with Milk Thistle because I have borderline ferritin problems and milk thistle makes the problem worse.
Did they test Best Naturals berberine?

Puritan has good inexpensive supps. Always been please with them.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131