over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Berberine Metformin Don’t Hate

suppdude

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Yes, I know another met berb thread. Different though.

Running metformin, no gi issues, no shits, no bloating, no gas, nothing.

Running berberine, gi issues, shits like you wouldn’t believe, bloating, gas, all the sides.

Running metformin and berberine together, no issues that I can remember.

I switched to berberine due to mike Arnold recommendation. But I’m going to go back to metformin at 1g per day.

I know many get the sides from one of the other, so curious on others thoughts.

Also, if running slin, are you fellas running metformin on slin days or on off days only and only using insulin sensitizers? Slin 5x a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berberine doesn't bother me any that ive noticed. But metformin absolutely crushes my appetite, I get gassy and bloated beyond belief and it makes it incredibly difficult to eat. Personally when running slin I use it 3-4 days a week for lagging bodyparts and I run insulin sensitizers on off days as well as everyday once I stop the insulin

Running berberine, gi issues, shits like you wouldn’t believe, bloating, gas, all the sides.

I switched to berberine due to mike Arnold recommendation. But I’m going to go back to metformin at 1g per day.

Also, if running slin, are you fellas running metformin on slin days or on off days only and only using insulin sensitizers? Slin 5x a week.

honestly after a year of running berberine i think over time you need to continue using more and more. i ran out a couple months ago due to money constraints at the time and i actually feel much better and less bloated/gassy than i used to - and i didn't see the corrolation until after i stopped it because i was attributing it to other things. moving forward i would likely just stick to metformin because it's cheaper and better.

Ive read a few articles studying the effect that both metformin and berberine have on the gut microbiome.

It's possible that berberine alone might have more of an adverse effect on the microbiome of an individual (more than metformin) or vice versa in your experience.
Everybody has a microbiome that is different due to many factors, hence the bloating, gas and shits that some experience on either metformin or berberine.

Metformin is fine for me in lower doses under 500mg/day any more and ill be strapped to the toilet all day. Berberine however, I can take 2-3g a day with no issues at all. Yet to try them together though.

Very interesting topic!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3411811/

https://microbiomemastery.com/microbiome-update-2-berberine-affect-microbiome/

https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/85835-berberine-gut-flora-and-probiotics/
"Accumulating evidence suggests that the gut microbiota is an important factor in mediating the development of obesity-related metabolic disorders, including type 2 diabetes. Metformin and berberine, two clinically effective drugs for treating diabetes, have recently been shown to exert their actions through modulating the gut microbiota. In this study, we demonstrated that metformin and berberine similarly shifted the overall structure of the gut microbiota in rats. Both drugs showed reverting effects on the high-fat diet-induced structural changes of gut microbiota. The diversity of gut microbiota was significantly reduced by both berberine- and metformin-treatments. Nearest shrunken centroids analysis identified 134 operational taxonomic units (OTUs) responding to the treatments, which showed close associations with the changes of obese phenotypes. Sixty out of the 134 OTUs were decreased by both drugs, while those belonging to putative short-chain fatty acids (SCFA)-producing bacteria, including Allobaculum, Bacteriodes, Blautia, Butyricoccus, and Phascolarctobacterium, were markedly increased by both berberine and, to a lesser extent, metformin. Taken together, our findings suggest that berberine and metformin showed similarity in modulating the gut microbiota, including the enrichment of SCFA-producing bacteria and reduction of microbial diversity, which may contribute to their beneficial effects to the host."

What was the basis for Mike suggesting you switch from Metformin to Berberine?

What was the basis for Mike suggesting you switch from Metformin to Berberine?

I can’t recall of the top of my head but he used to recommended metformin with his slin protocol then switched to recommending berberine. I believe it was due to mtor and igf along with a few other reasons. It’s in a thread somewhere regarding his protocol.

I believe him and Stewie went back and forth for a while in the thread about the topic.

I like using berb far away from my workouts, ASAP in the morning and right before bed, it's my goal to improve AMPK while my body's in a fasted state.

I take berberine with my two carb meals which are pre and post. 500mg each time.

I will say I haven't tested my BG with and without taking it and I've been meaning to so I can see how effective it actually is.

Berberine is shit, gave me nothing but issues. On the other hand, Metformin is the real deal, on it now. Works great! It made me more vascular and leaner/fuller as I was getting a bit soft being on just TRT.

I had soo much pain on the toilet with berberine, it felt like shitting hot lava. Major GI issues. Hated it and didn't see the benefits like I do with metformin.

Taking 500mg berberine 3x a day has brought my fbg down from an average of 106 to an average of 90. No unwanted sides for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Berberine is shit, gave me nothing but issues. On the other hand, Metformin is the real deal, on it now. Works great! It made me more vascular and leaner/fuller as I was getting a bit soft being on just TRT.

I had soo much pain on the toilet with berberine, it felt like shitting hot lava. Major GI issues. Hated it and didn't see the benefits like I do with metformin.

Yeah I feel ya. From what I've seen, everyone experiences the two differently and one can typically run one or the other due to one of the two giving explosive poos.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws