over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Berberine vs R-ALA for a GDA

Andro308

Registered
Which do you prefer?
Just got some ALA to try
I have used both Metformin and Berberine and both give me an extended gut.

I can only say I use ALA year round....between 600-1200 mg a day. It's def a legit GDA, but not sure how it compares to the others. It's got some many health benefits which is why I'm always using it. As you might know, it's good for the liver too.

Use them together for best effect

I can only say I use ALA year round....between 600-1200 mg a day. It's def a legit GDA, but not sure how it compares to the others. It's got some many health benefits which is why I'm always using it. As you might know, it's good for the liver too.

Oh sweet I was unaware about the liver benefits. I will have research all the benefits

I have read where some people have experienced that problem. It's never happened to me, but I believe it to be common

I know this is off topic, but I just started adding Alcar to my ALA combo. I believe there's a few others that do that on this board.

Enhances Mitochondria activity. I don't know if it's a placebo, but since I have added 2 grams of ALCAR & 1200 mg ALA...I notice a boost in energy. It's nothing like a stimulant feel, but more of a clean/clear focus. My mind and body feels more focused.

May have to just stick with berberine as the ala is causing some annoying heartburn

May have to just stick with berberine as the ala is causing some annoying heartburn

Take it with your meals, or with your shakes, that will take care of your problem

Headaches from R-ala

One thing that I have noticed are headaches from using Na-R-ALA before a meal. I need to test my blood glucose levels. I haven't used this form of ALA in years.

Not sure what form of ALA you are using, but most users experience more heartburn from the racemic (r/s) form than the r-enantiomer. May be worth trying the r-version if you aren't already. Also, stick to reputable brands, some may market r-enantiomer, but may be using r/s.

Currently using 300mg of ala with 4 of my meals. My first GDA too.
One thing I noticed is a funky smell to my urine

I am going to stick with berberine and milk thistle. Was taking it with and without food still gives me horrible heartburn

One thing that I have noticed are headaches from using Na-R-ALA before a meal. I need to test my blood glucose levels. I haven't used this form of ALA in years.

My coach has me take Chromium and na-R-ALA with 1st meal, and post workout meal. The last week before competition i take both with ever meal. Has really helped with leaning out, and having my carb load effectively go where it needs to. The na-R-ALA is researched to have greater bioavailability and effect as a gda than just ala

No negatives with me, only positives

My coach has me take Chromium and na-R-ALA with 1st meal, and post workout meal. The last week before competition i take both with ever meal. Has really helped with leaning out, and having my carb load effectively go where it needs to. The na-R-ALA is researched to have greater bioavailability and effect as a gda than just ala

No negatives with me, only positives

How much were you taking with each meal. Maybe I need the Na-r-Ala vs just the normal ala. you think that would make a difference.

Berberine with milk thistle has worked great in the past no upset stomach or heartburn

How much NA-R-ALA do you all take with each meal?

You only need up to 300mg per day. You can take the full dose prior to your first carb meal of the day and be covered all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to stick with berberine and milk thistle. Was taking it with and without food still gives me horrible heartburn

This exactly what i use, one 500mg berberine one 250mg milk thistle 3 times a day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws