over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best alternative to metformin

From a bodybuilding stand point Na r ala, not as strong as berberine but it’s hard to say whether or not berberine impacts muscle gain. I think it does to some degree

So does anyone know how much r-ala is needed per day for an appreciable benefit for glucose disposal? How long is the half life etc?

So does anyone know how much r-ala is needed per day for an appreciable benefit for glucose disposal? How long is the half life etc?

Generally ….3-1200mg/d as needed and dosed around meals.

IMO, ALA is under-rated with a lot of guys here. I've been using it for like 20 years. Find a good supplier though, as a lot of ALA is crap. If in doubt, TN has a good 300mg racemic ALA, though I prefer r-ALA.

There are a lot out there....Berberine, ALA, Cinnamon, Chromium, Vanadyl Sulfate (Still sold?), and a few others.

Generally ….3-1200mg/d as needed and dosed around meals.

IMO, ALA is under-rated with a lot of guys here. I've been using it for like 20 years. Find a good supplier though, as a lot of ALA is crap. If in doubt, TN has a good 300mg racemic ALA, though I prefer r-ALA.

There are a lot out there....Berberine, ALA, Cinnamon, Chromium, Vanadyl Sulfate (Still sold?), and a few others.

3-1200mg of r-ala bud? I could imagine the higher figure for ordinary ala but anything above the 300 figure for r-ala or na r-ala would be massively expensive? They are normally 100mg caps?

3-1200mg of r-ala bud? I could imagine the higher figure for ordinary ala but anything above the 300 figure for r-ala or na r-ala would be massively expensive? They are normally 100mg caps?

I thought that dose was huge too. 300mg R-ALA had me going hypogylcemic

Berberine for the win. ALA in there too.

Personally, I noticed no effects on muscle gain when using Berberine. Then again, I was using 500-1000mg pre-bed...10+ hrs after my workout. And that was just because I was also running pretty high GH and eating 600+ carbs per day.

BUT, I took Metformin for yearsss and was stuck at a plateau. Not sure if that was because of Met or other factors but I took it multiple times a day (insulin sensitivity and longevity purposes).

IMO, if you are running gear then the impaired muscle metabolism is nullified. Just my opinion though. Its like caring about your IGF-1 levels when taking GH and Nolva at the same time. :confused:

From a bodybuilding stand point Na r ala, not as strong as berberine but it’s hard to say whether or not berberine impacts muscle gain. I think it does to some degree

I’ve just been researching on the net and studies also suggest ala decrease muscle protein synthesis like berberine......

Yea, 1200 is more on the high side from what most would use, but I've seen many go that high. I'd say for most, 3-600mg/day would be adequate, and depending on diet. I just wanted to use an open range from what I've seen used during the many years. Yes, they are usually in 100mg caps, but that just depends on the cap size they want to go with. I'd also try and buy r-ala during the winter as it can be heat sensitive during the summer months if not handled properly. The guys I used to buy it from for many years used cold packs for the hot months. Also, it depends how the company's receive the raws too...from the manufacturer.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear