YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best Astragalus supplement (Quality & Value)

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
A lot like my other thread but this is for those of us looking for an effective Astragalus supplement at an appropriate cost.

Personally, I have Nature's Way but have not implemented it on a regular enough basis nor do I have bloodwork.
470mg of Astragalus root per cap and a 1.41 serving size (3 caps).

Is there a better/more appropriate option?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I buy in bulk powder. Was buying caps but for the dose I wanted, decided to go the other route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy in bulk powder. Was buying caps but for the dose I wanted, decided to go the other route.

How much do you take? I use 2g of the Vit Shoppe brand but don't know which brand is the best.

Been using NOW and ordering from Amazon. I haven't done any labs though.

3 grams per day.

I started using NusaPure, tabs are 2000mg per cap, 200 cap bottle (around $23).

Where do u get ur bulk powders? Ive seen u post in a few of knights threads about bulk powders. Interested am i

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Where do u get ur bulk powders? Ive seen u post in a few of knights threads about bulk powders. Interested am i

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On the river

What are you using astragalus for? I know many benefits, but t don’t hear too many lifters talk about it

What are you using astragalus for? I know many benefits, but t don’t hear too many lifters talk about it

Kidney health is the primary focus of many people looking into and choosing to use Astragalus on this board. It is something that has been recognized and brought to the forefront from people like Dante Trudel.

Last edited:
Examine.com shows the evidence of improved kidney health as weak but its def worth a shot

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Paradise astragalus 12:1 concentrated potency is what I take. Each cap equals 3000 mg whole root. Cheap too.

I started using NusaPure, tabs are 2000mg per cap, 200 cap bottle (around $23).

I know you have posted on the fact that you have impaired kidney function, so would love to see if it helps shift the function up-maybe before and after blood work?

If people have normal kidney function - I can't see what good blood work will do.

Mine is reduced GFR, creatine above 1.2 and mild nephrotic syndrome, has been for years. Vitamin B1 has helped a lot so maybe will give the bacteria strain and astra a try as I have had the NOW brand sitting around for a while-
D's been talking about it for years for the immune system and I usually take it round cold flu season although nothing beats vitamin D3 for a bullet proof immune system.

Even things like Vitamin E can help the kidneys in impaired patients -

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9754323

So the question is how do you rule out what's working when you are taking a kitchen sink full of supplements ED like me? :)

I know you have posted on the fact that you have impaired kidney function, so would love to see if it helps shift the function up-maybe before and after blood work?

If people have normal kidney function - I can't see what good blood work will do.

Mine is reduced GFR, creatine above 1.2 and mild nephrotic syndrome, has been for years. Vitamin B1 has helped a lot so maybe will give the bacteria strain and astra a try as I have had the NOW brand sitting around for a while-
D's been talking about it for years for the immune system and I usually take it round cold flu season although nothing beats vitamin D3 for a bullet proof immune system.

Even things like Vitamin E can help the kidneys in impaired patients -

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9754323

So the question is how do you rule out what's working when you are taking a kitchen sink full of supplements ED like me? :)

Are you also taking Astragalus? I always had normal kidney function with a regular GFR of 80-90 but once I added astragalus for overall health benefits, my GFR went up to 105 in just a few weeks. Vitamin E has never had that effect on me or anyone I know of.

Two things I know can improve GFR is 1. lower hematocrit/hemoglobin and 2. Astragalus

I'd be curious to know if you see an improvement in yours

Where/how is Dante communicating with people? I thought hes been quite for the past few years

Where/how is Dante communicating with people? I thought hes been quite for the past few years

He rarely posts here. He made his first posts since last year a few days ago in the thread on Chris Bumstead's kidney issues with his recommendations on what to take for kidney health.

Any reference for this claim? Thanks.

Sorry I do not. I got this from a forum member here who I think said was a kidney nurse who was reporting what he experienced from patients. It was in the Dallas McCarver RIP thread last year. I think the effect is minimal though if it's even true

Here is the quote
"If your gfr isn't dropping then the kidneys are well hydrated and the RBC, hct component isn't thickening the blood to the point where they strain"

I visited with him for a few hrs a couple weeks ago.

He also took the time to post a couple days ago.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost