over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BEST BB related advice ever given to you

Phidias

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Should make for an interesting thread. :)

Obviously, for those like me who began this endeavour before the Internet explosion in the early 2000's, the main difference between our (golden?) era and today is the access to information... for better and for worse. :eek:

Speaking for myself, I've always been convinced that the most simple things would always remain the most effective, and the more I read about people's fancy protocols and their lack of significant results :cool:, the more I'm confirmed in my belief. In short, STICK TO BASICS.

One of them basics forever changed my whole approach to our sport once I started applying it... and it wasn't easy, for I had to clear my mind from this intense brainwashing I had been the victim of since I red my first copy of Muscle&Fitness in 1994... :p that insane eat every 2-3 hours concept.

To this day, I can't thank PHIL HERNON enough for telling me (and many others) to EAT ONLY WHEN HUNGRY.

It wasn't until I listened to him that I started to finally respect my body... and never gained unnecessary fat anymore. :)

Last edited:
If whatever you are doing is working, don't change anything.

Mine too, Phil Hernon telling me to eat only when hungry!
Problem is it took me so long to truly understand TRUE hunger and let go of my bodybuilding bro science thinking. I now only eat when I'm TRULY hungry and staying lean is super simple, the leaner I get the more of a hunger signal and usually the more I eat, resulting in a bigger much, much leaner physique.

"this is a hobby , the minute it starts to have a negative impact on you or your family find a new hobby"

"Invest in a good coach"

"Slow and steady wins the day"

"Use the absolute lowest dose possible"

"Be ready 2 weeks early"

"Make sure you have EVERYTHING you might need for your cycle/prep BEFORE you start"

"STAY THE FUCK OFF THE SCALE"

Just a couple little nuggets my grandfather use to always tell me that apply to bodybuilding as well as daily life.
(I'm sure he was told them by someone else as well)

"The good Lord gave you two ear and only one mouth , that because you are supposed to listen twice as much as you speak"

"If you are the smartest guy in the room , then you are in the wrong room"

"Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up"

Slow down kid ( Craig Richardson)

o

Nautilus Training Bulletins I and II
o
o

Learn when you get older, things in BB change. Things will become less important, some things more. If you don't learn to slow down and think about health, you will never get old.

"You inject right here, pull back a little to see if there's any blood, then you inject the drug slowly and steady."

My aunt when I was 9 years old. I had a group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal throat infection and was supposed to take a penicillin shot every week for a few months, but my aunt lived far away and my parents wouldn't do it. So, I learned how to self inject when I was a kid.

I completely agree once this sport starts effecting your family life negatively your in trouble.

I have always wanted to be a bodybuilding freak, I have used completely ridiculous doses of test and everything under the sun in my goal to get 20inch arms. Now that I am older and a father I have realized that is not going to happen. My genetics will not allow for me to be as big as I want to be. I think be mature in this sport will save you a lot of headaches and heart problems down the road.

Just what I have learned over time

When on a mass cycle...eat anything that doesn't try to eat you first.....

From 30 years ago
Lift big
Eat big
Rest big

"you'll never be a pro."

Don't do something all because someone bigger or seemingly more knowledgeable tells you that you have to! Learn what works for you and listen to your own body.

"quality, not quantity"
And that extends not only to each rep, but also to nutrition, steroid use, everything.

-"Live life, bodybuilding is a hobby"
-"Listen to Your body"(food/training/etc to stay injury free)
-"Do XYZ mg gear to win Your class"(It was WAY higher then I did, should've listened)LOL

what we do is a lifestyle measured in years and decades not in weeks and months.

i laugh to myself when i recall threads from other forums asking for a good cycle so they can look good at the lake next month.

Never form concrete ideologies in your head. Nobody is right, and nobody has it figured out. Always be open to changes.

You see this too often among the BB crowd. An example is if both progressive overload, and metabolic stress work as a means of inducing muscle growth, Why would you limit it to just one?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws