over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best BLOOD PRESSURE meds???

Putin

Banned
Which ones do you recommend and why. Less sides the better.

My doc has me on 40 mg Micardis. I love it. It has a low list of sides.

Last edited:
ACE INHIBITORS!

Are the best in my opinion....I use the ace inhibitor Altace (2.5 mg per day)....it does relieve arterial pressure but it ALSO protects your kidneys from kidney failure later in life! That is the reason I was prescribed Altacte....not that I have high blood pressure but because I am diabetic and I am concerned about kidney function later in life as many of us should be...especially if one taeks a lot of anti inflamatories (motrin, aleve) for all the pains and aches of heavy lifting...

ACE Inhibitor with a mild diuretic like HCTZ

I would talk to your doc. IMO, it would depend on how bad your hypertension is. I have mild hypertension and doc has be on small dose of Diovan which keeps blood vessels from narrowing. Absolutely no sides. For more severe hypertention it is combined with a diuretic.

Im on an ACE inhibitor also. Benicar is the name brand. Very good, and no side effects that I can tell. Keeps my BP down even while on.

Do a search on here as it has been discussed numerous times, but you want to look up a thread made by MassiveG. Very in depth, as he has done testing.

txbencher said:
Are the best in my opinion....I use the ace inhibitor Altace (2.5 mg per day)....it does relieve arterial pressure but it ALSO protects your kidneys from kidney failure later in life! That is the reason I was prescribed Altacte....not that I have high blood pressure but because I am diabetic and I am concerned about kidney function later in life as many of us should be...especially if one taeks a lot of anti inflamatories (motrin, aleve) for all the pains and aches of heavy lifting...
BEST

You absolutely have to know what causes your blood pressure.
Water retention ? Then take a diuretic
Increased CNS activity ? Alpha or beta blockers or even mild tranquilizers
Constricted blood vessels ? Angiotensin inhibitors
Hyperthyroidism ? Lower the thyroid rdugs if you take or antithyroid drugs if you don't.
Etc,etc.

If you try to use a drug for the wrong reason,you will see a reduction of blood pressure when you measure it,but you will NOT treat the problem ,which high blood pressure is.
Don't take this lightly,you have to treat the cause,not the symptom.
An experienced user could estimate with a high rate of success that steroids cause mainly cns overactivity and water retention,but i think you have to be 100% sure on this one.

Fastandfurious said:
You absolutely have to know what causes your blood pressure.
Water retention ? Then take a diuretic
Increased CNS activity ? Alpha or beta blockers or even mild tranquilizers
Constricted blood vessels ? Angiotensin inhibitors
Hyperthyroidism ? Lower the thyroid rdugs if you take or antithyroid drugs if you don't.
Etc,etc.

If you try to use a drug for the wrong reason,you will see a reduction of blood pressure when you measure it,but you will NOT treat the problem ,which high blood pressure is.
Don't take this lightly,you have to treat the cause,not the symptom.
An experienced user could estimate with a high rate of success that steroids cause mainly cns overactivity and water retention,but i think you have to be 100% sure on this one.

exactly!!! Very good post. Just because a BP med is right for me doen't make it right for YOU. My doc put me through a series of tests before he decided which med to put me on.

Last edited:
30 minutes of cardio everyday would be the best becuase you are fixing the problem (poor circulation) instead of treating a symptom. Also decreases water retention. ACE inhibitor would be the next option if cardio doesn't work. Also adequate mineral intake and not eating too much sodium will help. Magnesium, taurine, silica, and potassium will help with BP and circulation.

exactly!!! Very good post. Just because a BP med is right for me doen't make it right for YOU. My doc put me through a series of tests before he decided which med to put me on.

What kind of tests did your doc perform on you so he could determine which one was best?

clonidine...

I know hawthorn has been discussed on here before. My BP was 141/95. I hate the idea of taking any drugs unless absolutely necessary. My doctor agreed to let me try hawthorn and up my cardio first. Within six weeks I was at 118/81.

I know hawthorn has been discussed on here before. My BP was 141/95. I hate the idea of taking any drugs unless absolutely necessary. My doctor agreed to let me try hawthorn and up my cardio first. Within six weeks I was at 118/81.

How many mg of hawthorn are you taking? How do you spit it up?

thats a huge change for the better. did you make any other changes besides adding cardio and hawthorn?

thats a huge change for the better. did you make any other changes besides adding cardio and hawthorn?

The only other change I made was going back to a lower carb diet. Lots of protein, fats and veggies. Though I’ve done that in the past and it didn’t make a big difference. I hadn’t been doing any cardio, just hitting the weights five days a week. So I figure it was a combo of the hawthorn and cardio that worked. I’m not saying it will work for everyone but it may be worth trying before resorting to drugs.

I am on benicar 20 mgs. It seems to drop diastolic much more then systolic.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear