over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best cardio machine (alternative)

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Seeing the poll thread got me thinking. I've considered purchasing a stairmaster (not new, too much $ for me). Found a good deal on a Stairmaster 4000pt and was wondering what some vets thoughts would be on this. My gym has a stepmill, but driving to the gym, then home, then work just isn't feasable with these gas prices :eek:
If I have it at the house, it's no prob, will get used every day!

If its basic cardio how about simply climbing steps skipping or going for a brisk walk. All free or min cash and great for cv

If its conditioning then look at hill or weighted sprints, prowler pushing or sled pulls

If its basic cardio how about simply climbing steps skipping or going for a brisk walk. All free or min cash and great for cv

If its conditioning then look at hill or weighted sprints, prowler pushing or sled pulls

I live in Florida, we have no hills lol

Stairmaster is solid but I prefer the rower. The rower will take up less space too...something like the C2 Rower.

m514_v1_model%20d2web.jpg

Last edited:
Stairmaster is solid but I prefer the rower. The rower will take up less space too...something like the C2 Rower.

I prefer the rower for cardio. Only a couple mins in on the right setting and intensity and Im dripping buckets

I prefer the rower for cardio. Only a couple mins in on the right setting and intensity and Im dripping buckets

Hell yea, and as far as dieting goes, its more of a complete body workout. It's just a bitch the morning after a back workout as your lats cramp up from the pull haha.

It's great bc you have tons of interval settings to use too. You can program a 5k row where you row 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off etc. You can also try and beat previous bests etc so its not as boring as just hopping on a stairmaster and going and going with nothing to compete against if that makes sense.

Schwin air dyne is a beast too, c2 rower, stair mill....skip rope.

Hell yea, and as far as dieting goes, its more of a complete body workout. It's just a bitch the morning after a back workout as your lats cramp up from the pull haha.

It's great bc you have tons of interval settings to use too. You can program a 5k row where you row 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off etc. You can also try and beat previous bests etc so its not as boring as just hopping on a stairmaster and going and going with nothing to compete against if that makes sense.

I don't do cardio to "compete"

I don't do cardio to "compete"

Uhhh, nor do I. But cardio is already boring as shit...so why not do something that makes it more....relevant? Sorry for the suggestion, continue on with your extremely boring cardio.

My point is/was that if you're doing HIT cardio, the interval settings let you at least have something to shoot for when pushing yourself. You can also just slow row to keep a lower heart rate. Not sure why having that option would be a bad thing. I guess some of us are just more competitive. I've done two hours on a treadmill for contest prep everyday for the last couple of weeks, I know how much it sucks.

Last edited:
just wanted to chime in that I also made the investment in a piece of cardio equipment for my home (basic treadmill w incline)

All I can say is it was worth EVERY PENNY

I can roll right out of bed grab a coffee and get right on

I can jump right into the shower after

no gas $ wasted
no miles on the car
no commuting time wasted
no sitting in the car covered in sweat

Insanity workout does the trick too. The warmup alone will have you breathing hard. Not boring at all.

Stepmill would be a good choice. I love the tread climber personally, I enjoy doing it more than any other piece of cardio equipment. Also one of the those treadmills that go upto like a 40% incline would be nice too, I forget the name of it though.

Uhhh, nor do I. But cardio is already boring as shit...so why not do something that makes it more....relevant? Sorry for the suggestion, continue on with your extremely boring cardio.

My point is/was that if you're doing HIT cardio, the interval settings let you at least have something to shoot for when pushing yourself. You can also just slow row to keep a lower heart rate. Not sure why having that option would be a bad thing. I guess some of us are just more competitive. I've done two hours on a treadmill for contest prep everyday for the last couple of weeks, I know how much it sucks.

I am extremely competitive, played pro baseball and love competition. BUT, I don't mind doing boring cardio. It doesn't really matter to me if it's
fun" per se. If I lived up north, I'd be hiking and doing mountain runs. But I live in Florida, no hills, just flat flat flat land. After playing baseball for 20 years, I don't really like running. I like the row machine idea, it is a great idea and I appreciate your input. It is out of my price range however. I was able to find a stairmaster for a steal from some good people. Sorry for being snippy man, this week's been rough.

just wanted to chime in that I also made the investment in a piece of cardio equipment for my home (basic treadmill w incline)

All I can say is it was worth EVERY PENNY

I can roll right out of bed grab a coffee and get right on

I can jump right into the shower after

no gas $ wasted
no miles on the car
no commuting time wasted
no sitting in the car covered in sweat

HELL YEAH MAN!!! That's why I want one for the house, every single reason you mentioned

Stepmill would be a good choice. I love the tread climber personally, I enjoy doing it more than any other piece of cardio equipment. Also one of the those treadmills that go upto like a 40% incline would be nice too, I forget the name of it though.

I LOVE the stepmill, however, out of my price range at the moment. I will invest in one shortly, just gotta save the $$$. I figure with the money saved from having to drive to the gym, membership etc, I can get one in a year

Have you used a tread climber? check it out if you haven't, they aren't cheap but you might be able to find a deal on a nice used one. I have a good NordicTrack treadmill that has 15% incline and I like it a lot (except for the fact that it is at my parents house), I got it off craigslist for something around $400 in perfect condition and has a tv in it too.

Have you used a tread climber? check it out if you haven't, they aren't cheap but you might be able to find a deal on a nice used one. I have a good NordicTrack treadmill that has 15% incline and I like it a lot (except for the fact that it is at my parents house), I got it off craigslist for something around $400 in perfect condition and has a tv in it too.

I have, but would prefer to save up some $$$ and get a step mill. I have a love hate relationship with them lol. I absolutely hate them, but absolutely love the results. The treadclimber looks promising/interesting, but would like to stick with what I know. I guess I'm a dinosaur when it comes to that lol. I just feel like I get a much better workout from the stepmill. The Stairmaster 4000pt, I used in college and it absolutely kicked my butt. I know it's a little older, but still a goodie. I will get a stepmill when the funds become available from savings

I get your point, but you aren't getting his. He just wants to know the market for a good cardio machine.

With that said, richiec I'm in the hunt, too. I'm looking for one as well and have started today. I'll keep you updated.

Personally, I'm looking for a Cybex arc trainer. I found those the best, it's like an ellipitcal, treadmill, and stairmaster in one. I used it at school when I was working with alex A. I moved from a treadmill to an ellipitcal to finally that, and boy 20 minutes of that> 30 minutes of either of those. That was a conditioning machine!

Last edited:
I have, but would prefer to save up some $$$ and get a step mill. I have a love hate relationship with them lol. I absolutely hate them, but absolutely love the results. The treadclimber looks promising/interesting, but would like to stick with what I know. I guess I'm a dinosaur when it comes to that lol. I just feel like I get a much better workout from the stepmill. The Stairmaster 4000pt, I used in college and it absolutely kicked my butt. I know it's a little older, but still a goodie. I will get a stepmill when the funds become available from savings

I hate them too but man do they kick your ass and get the results. I hate when I am on one at the gym and the girl next to me is totally kicking my ass on it lol!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear