advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best diet for someone carb sensitive such as myself?

jtcraig3

Registered
Over the years, I have usually operated under a standard rule of thumb: Get your carbs in early (first thing in the morning) in addition to a carb supp post workout.

I usually workout in the late afternoon. So what I usually do is get a good protein source and 50 g of a complex carb such as steel cut whole grain oats in the morning. Protein and veggies 4 to 5 hours later for lunch. Sip some aminolast during workouts, followed by 50 g of HumaPro and Glycofuse post workout, and then a protein source and veggies for dinner. If I'm doing it right, the dinner meal is 30 mins to an hour after the HumaPro and Glycofuse, and a protein shake before bed. I also work in a protein shake in between breakfast and lunch when I'm really sticking to my regimen.

Thoughts?

Or you could Train carbles and hit all your carbs post workout when insulin sensitivity at its highest. I train better carbles even though I'm a high carb guy. Works well for some,others hate it. I like to load my carbs later in the day, especially pre bed as I sleep a lot better this way. So long as you don't over spill it shouldn't matter when you eat you carbs. Your other option is have some quicker digesting carbs about an hour pre workout. Cream of rice with whey protein a good combo. In a lot of ways first thing in the morning the worst time to eat carbs as you wake up in a nice fat burning zone and then blunt it with the insulin release from the carbs

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
^interesting perspective...thanks bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or you could Train carbles and hit all your carbs post workout when insulin sensitivity at its highest. I train better carbles even though I'm a high carb guy. Works well for some,others hate it. I like to load my carbs later in the day, especially pre bed as I sleep a lot better this way. So long as you don't over spill it shouldn't matter when you eat you carbs. Your other option is have some quicker digesting carbs about an hour pre workout. Cream of rice with whey protein a good combo. In a lot of ways first thing in the morning the worst time to eat carbs as you wake up in a nice fat burning zone and then blunt it with the insulin release from the carbs

I used to fear lose strength without carbs before training... until I tried it. Like you, I sleep better and have more energy with my carbs later in the day. I also train at night, though, so that may be part of it, too.

I used to fear lose strength without carbs before training... until I tried it. Like you, I sleep better and have more energy with my carbs later in the day. I also train at night, though, so that may be part of it, too.

I'm always much stronger without carbs for what ever reason. I read somewhere the insulin release can dull the cns a bit. That certainly feels like the case for me. I train about an hour after getting up. If I'm cutting just tuna pre workout for a little protein, if I'm not cutting a nice big tin of pilchards with a load of black pepper. Low carb diets make me feel like I'm going to die but so long as I get 300 a day I feel fine. 400 my happy zone. 300 my comftable zone for cutting. Doesn't matter if I spread them out our all in one hit still feel good for the whole day.

I'm always much stronger without carbs for what ever reason. I read somewhere the insulin release can dull the cns a bit. That certainly feels like the case for me. I train about an hour after getting up. If I'm cutting just tuna pre workout for a little protein, if I'm not cutting a nice big tin of pilchards with a load of black pepper. Low carb diets make me feel like I'm going to die but so long as I get 300 a day I feel fine. 400 my happy zone. 300 my comftable zone for cutting. Doesn't matter if I spread them out our all in one hit still feel good for the whole day.

Wow...300 when cutting? I could never do that. To really cut, I have to get down to around 100.

I have enjoyed a lot of success carb loading...50 g, Mon - Fri...200 g Sat & Sun...or various different combos.

Wow...300 when cutting? I could never do that. To really cut, I have to get down to around 100.

I have enjoyed a lot of success carb loading...50 g, Mon - Fri...200 g Sat & Sun...or various different combos.

I strip fats real low by the end. Even protein goes down to 250. I'm only taking 4g fish oil and 3g evening primrose oil by end of cut. Even my chicken breast I dice and cook in its own fat then drain of with boiling water. I never miss the fats, feel good and don't get cravings.

I would say either a CKD or carbs only pre/post workout (one, the other or both).

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws