over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

best exercise for side delt thickness?

b_montalban said:
try lateral raises with your thumbs pointing down. hits em real good. youll probably have to drop the weight 10lbs or so. I also do em one side at a time while holding onto a power rack. extend your free arm and grab the rack. move your feet into the rack a bit so your leaned over to the side your working. gives a bit broader range of motion where it counts, so you get a real good contraction at the top the lift. :)

thumbs down can be tough on the rotators

BALDNAZI said:
Heavy presses work for sure.There has been some disagreement as to laterals being effective in a DC program,but I think it works well.Your supposed to pick 3 exercises to choose from and alternate 1 for each delt workout.For me it was behind the neck presses,hammer strength presses,and side laterals.

The day that I did laterals was my favorite.After my chest work was done,id warm up my side delts with some light laterals to make sure they were full of blood and ready to work.The on to the 1 big rest pause set

It looked something like this...
60lb DBs 10 reps to failure
15 very deep breaths,probably 25 seconds rest then the 60s again, got maybe 6 this time,15 deep breaths,and then 1 final all out set with the 60's again,maybe 3-4 reps

At this point the delts would be on fire and so full of blood you cant lift your arms.But if you really want to annihilate them further(not possible most of the time),then once in awhile when i had extra energy I would rest another 15 deep breaths and then grab 30-40lb DBs and bang out as many reps as possible.I can promise you the pump cannot be imagined.

For me laterals are a great part of the DC program.Especially after a heavy incline bench "rest pause" set.Your delts already got hit from the pressing movement,now your just finishing them off....

i actually wrote about this before....i happen to think a good way to go about dc training is to have one of the three workouts be an isolation exercise to failure and beyond for delts and chest

i agree iwth magoo,.. the thumbs down technique is very harmful to the rotators.. glass and some other trainers all have their clients do it this way.. it is very hard on the supra's in back.. i would not recommend it.. the best results that i have ever got was not doing any shoulder work but, side laterals.. i went to overload'failure in my chest evercises and back work.. finished with side laterals.. best my delts ever looked..

What would be wrong with a program like this:

Smith machine behind the neck presses: 4 sets, 6-8 reps
db side laterals: 4 sets, 8-10 reps
one arm laterals: 3 sets, 10 reps
wide grip upright rows 3 sets, 10 reps

or some shit like that, I mean thats an all out oblivion attack on your side delts, they will be so fried that Col Sanders couldn't do anything with them. Adjust the reps if NEC. or adjust the sets, meaning turn some into supersets to really turn up the "grease".

looks decent, im assumin ur hitting delts once a week then, i find twice a week or more is helpful

i like palms facing forward lateral raises..

gottta bend over a little bit and cock ur arms but it worked for me.. :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws