advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best exercises to bring up the tear drop (vastus medialis)

And regardless of what anybody says of think keg extensions are incapable
of making you sore. Fortunately or unfortunately, this is impossible for most
people to comprehend.

This is not open for debate with me.

Say what you want, believe what you want.

I have said this before here many times and it was less than a meaningful,
positive, experience.

But . . . . if there ever was time to time to prove or disprove this, now is the
time (think Covid). With gyms closed and people training (or not training) on
a minimum of equipment and then having a leg extension machine being
available after a long absence, do not make the mistake of doing any leg
exercises for many months prior to this exercise. Then on the day of the this,
and only this exercise, do as many many sets as you like in any fashion you
like but do nothing else for your legs . . . and you will not be sore the nest day.

I am unaware of any other exercise where this is true. I do not have an explanation
for this and I seriously doubt anybody else does. And I have read a ton of literature
of this subject with nary an answer.

It's just one of those things.

I love bringing this up because nobody believes this but then again nobody that
I am aware has tried this as best as I have tried to explain it.
Wow don't know what type of leg extensions you do but when I had my hernia surgery and first leg day back in the gym for 2 weeks in a row I did nothing but leg extensions and got sore as fuck!

Extensions for me I’ll get hella burn
During- immediately after.
But not the deep soreness like from squats.
Overall I have to agree. I think the only time my legs ever got really sore for days from just extensions was when I was deconditioned when I did them. I used to like doing them to pre-exhaust my legs before squats.

Wow don't know what type of leg extensions you do but when I had my hernia surgery and first leg day back in the gym for 2 weeks in a row I did nothing but leg extensions and got sore as fuck!
Yeah, thats me now that I am deconditioned. Legs havent been that sore in a long time. Hurt to walk.

While I can get some soreness from leg extensions, it was never close to what could from presses. Soreness can indicative of growth but not necessarily. I see guys training all the time on extensions and can't see them ever gaining any size, of course there can be other reasons for that. But I never found extensions to be much of a mass builder to any degree.

While I can get some soreness from leg extensions, it was never close to what could from presses. Soreness can indicative of growth but not necessarily. I see guys training all the time on extensions and can't see them ever gaining any size, of course there can be other reasons for that. But I never found extensions to be much of a mass builder to any degree.

I knew a guy who trained at my in college gym where I did and all
he did for his quads / legs was leg extensions. His quads looked
like they had two huge slabs of beef tied to them. They hung.

I knew a guy who trained at my in college gym where I did and all
he did for his quads / legs was leg extensions. His quads looked
like they had two huge slabs of beef tied to them. They hung.
I couldn't disagree. My legs were bigger when I first went to a commercial gym then guys that had been there for years training them. But the years of cycling especially up steep hills would make them very sore, and I put on a lot of size that way. But legs were also my best body part.

Almost always I like to do some variation of squats, back, zercher or with a belt, but if I am very tired or exhausted I will have a day of extensions, and I can get a great workout too. This happens rarely because I don't like to deviate from the plan, which often works to my detriment.

ehh...there’s been a few studies showing regional hypertrophy (Distal/proximal) can be influenced by even how you load an exercise (concentric/eccentric). And then there’s resistance curves of certain exercises bla bla

500lb low bar squatters in chucks has thick thighs and ghetto booty while a high bar squatter will more meat around the knee
That has to do with the amount of knee flexion vs. Hip flexion each get and total ROM. High bar oly squats will hit the quads harder than most things you'll ever do.

ehh...there’s been a few studies showing regional hypertrophy (Distal/proximal) can be influenced by even how you load an exercise (concentric/eccentric). And then there’s resistance curves of certain exercises bla bla

500lb low bar squatters in chucks has thick thighs and ghetto booty while a high bar squatter will more meat around the knee

it’s yyy
That has to do with the amount of knee flexion vs. Hip flexion each get and total ROM. High bar oly squats will hit the quads harder than most things you'll ever do.

Yea I know. What I’m saying is, there’s plenty of evidence that we can bias which fibers take more of the brunt of the work by changing variables. Angle, moment arms, resistance curves, and even the type of resistance. (Concentric/eccentric)

coach kas is doing this, he has a few experiments like tricep push downs. He changed arm angle a little bit... and bam. Lateral head gets hit harder than long head

but yes, my high bar low bar wasn’t a great example, but the saying (you can only contract a quad/tricep/bicep is too simplistic if you want to get to the nitty gritty)

will it change your physique??? Ehh, probably not a whole lot, it’s just sprinkles on the ice cream.

but we are all OCD as fuck right? If you had small horseshoes, wouldn’t you WANT to bias the lateral head in your programming if you knew how to?

if you say no, you a damn lie. Lol

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75