over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best FATS for the Pump?

omoplata

Registered
I always had a strange dietary inclination. On the one hand, I love my carbs and would never go very low carb for more than 2-3 days. I tolerate them very well and never get bloating or rebound hypoglycemia and so on.

However, for the best pump I also really benefit from fats. Eating only carbs -no matter what the source or fiber content or glycemic index- doesn't give me great pump in the gym. But carbs with fat always give an awesome pump. Especially bad fats give me such an awesome pump. You know what is best for pushing those veins out and feeling full and thick? Two servings of large french fries from McDonalds. Strange isn't it?
I could eat baked potatoes with extra virgin olive oil and take in the same macronutrients in terms of grams but the same pump will just not be there.

What kinds of fats give you the best pumps?
Can you get a good pump from fats+protein alone without the carbs? If you were to eat butter and chicken breast, or fatty red meat or whey plus coconut oil, do you guys get the same pumps as you would from eating big loads of carbs?

Thanks a lot

Red meat fat, coconut oil seem to do the best in that respect, I dont think its as much pump as its overall fullness.

Sure it's not sodium giving you the pump? :)

Bone marrow.
You like this for the micronutrients and health benefits or does this really give you a pump you can actually feel?

[/QUOTE]Sure it's not sodium giving you the pump? :) [/QUOTE]
Absolutely sure. I actually get sodium depleted very easily and use some preworkout sodium in most cases anyways. If I cannot find anything else to put sodium in, I will mix some sea salt into my pre-workout shake.
Also, I have eaten things with quite a bit more sodium than french fries (which are not extremely high in sodium unless you put extra salt on them) and those never give me the pump. When I eat baked potatoes with yogurt and olive oil, for example, I salt them and am pretty sure I put more salt on that than McDonald's puts on french fries.

Based on food chemistry, bodybuilding history, and logic... You have yet to make a good point about why you need junk food over clean food for a pump. There is no magic carb, fat, protein, or sodium. I'd bet half of this idea is from uncalculated variables that you aren't factoring. If you can explain the difference between junk fats and good fats, and how they would better assist you in a load, I'm all ears. I've just yet to hear Chris Aceto or Scott Stevenson ever mention such a difference, or carb somebody up using junk.

...and don't compare yourself to Juan Morel or Dave Palumbo unless your physique is THAT freaky.

Last edited:
Based on food chemistry, bodybuilding history, and logic... You have yet to make a good point about why you need junk food over clean food for a pump. There is no magic carb, fat, protein, or sodium. I'd bet half of this idea is from uncalculated variables that you aren't factoring. If you can explain the difference between junk fats and good fats, and how they would better assist you in a load, I'm all ears. I've just yet to hear Chris Aceto or Scott Stevenson ever mention such a difference, or carb somebody up using junk.

...and don't compare yourself to Juan Morel or Dave Palumbo unless your physique is THAT freaky.

Hold on; let us hear some more real life feedback and we will later get into the theoretical discussion -seriously, I would be happy to. It's just that once the discussion goes down that path of biochem it gets easily derailed.

I am -for now- just wanting to hear if anyone has identified any fat sources that give them a good pump. Doesn't make sense to you that there'd be any such sources of fat? I respect that. But if some guys do feel that there are, I just want to hear about it, that's all...

(and where in the world did Juan Morel or Dave Palumbo enter the picture? I am talking about two servings of fries, and those guys down 3,000 calories in one sitting; not even close... so no worries not looking in the mirror here and seeing Morel or Palumbo. I am not very smart, I know, but not yet delusional)

Hold on; let us hear some more real life feedback and we will later get into the theoretical discussion -seriously, I would be happy to. It's just that once the discussion goes down that path of biochem it gets easily derailed.

I am -for now- just wanting to hear if anyone has identified any fat sources that give them a good pump. Doesn't make sense to you that there'd be any such sources of fat? I respect that. But if some guys do feel that there are, I just want to hear about it, that's all...

(and where in the world did Juan Morel or Dave Palumbo enter the picture? I am talking about two servings of fries, and those guys down 3,000 calories in one sitting; not even close... so no worries not looking in the mirror here and seeing Morel or Palumbo. I am not very smart, I know, but not yet delusional)

You are trying to make a conclusion on something that has far too many uncontrolled variables. Unless you monitor your perspiration, hydration, electrolyte levels, macro nutrient intake, energy expenditure you can't form a certain conclusion that junk fats and junk carbs are more effective for a pump than clean carbs and fats.

You may drink the same amount of fluids one both days but one day you sweat more and don't have the same levels of hydration and therefore don't achieve the same pump.

Find a lab and have all of those tests conducted and perform your training in a controlled environment where you can monitor environmental factors

Sure it's not sodium giving you the pump? :)

About 10 years ago I had access to all the free roaming eggs I wanted....like 30 a day, laid that day. I had some of the best pumps. I swore it was the fat....later I realized eggs a naturally high in sodium and could just add more to my diet Lol

You don't want science? You want some bro to say "yeah man, I scarfed down Wendy's stuff and felt gnarly"? Added points if he throws in an emoji icon?

Fat volume makes up for, if I'm not mistaken, about 2% of muscular volume. Fluid via glycogen, water, and sodium account for an exponentially higher amount of volume.

Fat loading isn't used often and is pointless.

Fat WILL alter the rate of digestion, slowing down the absorption of glucose into the blood stream.

You get the pump from water. Water is drawn into the cells via sodium and carbohydrates. Fat does not do this.

So you just had 2 servings of fries?
What about the large coke.

Those fries and coke equal 210 grams carbs and 48 grams fat.
How does this equal fat for pumps?

Not fat at all but you will see what I am trying to do here...

Fatty Acids (linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid)...

gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)

GLA becomes prostaglandin PGE1 and EPA becomes prostaglandin PGE3

To keep it simple PGE-1 injections will give you the best pump ever :D

In all seriousness sources of fat shouldn't be looked at as increasing pump but more improving your entire vascular system. When your circulatory system is running optimally you will always get a better pump if you supply yourself with the most needed elements. That will always be carbs and sodium imo (with supplements and drugs too).

Most peoples diets all full of Omega 6 and lack omega 3 so you want lots of fish and/or a good fish oil supplement. Nuts such as walnuts. To help with PGE-1 starflower (borage) oil and blackcurrent oil. Coconut oil is great and a good source of energy. Pretty much all the well known 'good fats.'

So you just had 2 servings of fries?
What about the large coke.

Those fries and coke equal 210 grams carbs and 48 grams fat.
How does this equal fat for pumps?

:yeahthat: You are eating a shit ton of carbs and sodium, the fat has nothing to do with anything. Eat 4 tablespoons of butter only before your next gym session and see how crazy your pump is

Damn!!! I read BEST FATS FOR THE PUMP and thought this was another big butt thread. Nothing like a big ole Brazilan butt!

I get my fats primarily from nuts, mixed salted nuts. Not to be confused with deez salty nutz.

not sure about getting a pump after training but a diet high in good fats(from fatty fish like salmon and nuts, olive oil) helps me stay fuller. infact my physique looks and feels best at higher fats and lower carbs. idk the science behind it.

Damn!!! I read BEST FATS FOR THE PUMP and thought this was another big butt thread. Nothing like a big ole Brazilan butt!

I get my fats primarily from nuts, mixed salted nuts. Not to be confused with deez salty nutz.

I likethem when they are covered in chocolate.

You like this for the micronutrients and health benefits or does this really give you a pump you can actually feel?

I wouldn't call it a pump and I don't think I've ever eaten bone marrow by itself, but I do feel full and vigorous when I eat it. Very rich food and cheap as fuck here. I buy a big ass piece of bone for the equivalent of a buck or two.

Could it have something to do with glycerol? Glycerol is the backbone of fats, and it helps with hydration. So glycerol from fats + carbs + sodium = pump?

Could it have something to do with glycerol? Glycerol is the backbone of fats, and it helps with hydration. So glycerol from fats + carbs + sodium = pump?

I used to drink glycerol preworkout. Man does it make you look good! It pulls water out from under the skin and puts it into the muscles so you look like you have veins on top of your skin.

You don't want science? You want some bro to say "yeah man, I scarfed down Wendy's stuff and felt gnarly"? Added points if he throws in an emoji icon?

Fat volume makes up for, if I'm not mistaken, about 2% of muscular volume. Fluid via glycogen, water, and sodium account for an exponentially higher amount of volume.

Fat loading isn't used often and is pointless.

Fat WILL alter the rate of digestion, slowing down the absorption of glucose into the blood stream.

You get the pump from water. Water is drawn into the cells via sodium and carbohydrates. Fat does not do this.

Big Dave tearin it up with the knowledge... id just like to add....

Carbing someone on junk works well in a few instances. BUT must be accustomed to the foods, say on cheat meals, throughout the diet. I used toast and jelly, pop tarts, whole eggs and grits :)

1. person is enormous with fast metab or was on lot of burners (and we never just cut those as the drastic response could be disaster) and you need more calories per volume of food (dense)

2. person made weight late and has to fill out in short time frame

3. person is flattening hard from a (stupid) mistake and needs to hold their fullness

All above instances require h2o adjustments as well as diuretic and timing. Its not an eating free for all

Also....

I wouldnt say fat LOADING is useful, but using fats is a useful way of holding the load while keeping insulin at bay (insulin ---> aldosterone elevation). Either by being utilized for energy or by slowing transit, hence GI, of carbs. ALWAYS at the very end....

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear