Bev and Steve's Powerhouse Gym- Syosset, NY
Diamond Gym -Maplewood, NJ
Armbrust Gym -Wheat Ridge, Co(Denver)
World Gym -San Diego
Gold's Gym- Venice
Powerhouse Gym- Downtown Tampa, FL
Metroflex Gym- Dallas (original)
Metroflex Gym- Long Beach, Ca
Metroflex Gym- Oceanside, Ca (My buddy Lou owns this one)

I've been to most of these and they are truly amazing. My personal favorites are World Gym San Diego, Armbrust in Wheat Ridge, and Golds Venice.

I do want to check out Zoo Culture (Bradley Martin's gym) in Woodland Hills.
Was down at SOCOM at macdill and that downtown powerhouse apparently closed shop bro.
Had a wknd pass couple yrs back to Armbrust and I gotta say, it’s my favorite. Second would be bobs gym in Omaha. Hilly2008 and his massive wheels would LOVE armbrusts leg room.
My two fav mil gyms: regiment gym and 10th SFGs gym at ft carson. Had the pleasure training with those boys.

Last edited:
Old School days, Valley Barbell in El Cajun, CA. (San Diego) was originally located in a warehouse, had to know someone to get in. Owner was an old retired former body buiilder, Bill Golumbick, maybe some of you old timers knew him? built all his own equipment by hand. He's randomly walk the gym giving out pointers, lessons etc to those who showed hard work ethic. I lived two houses down from him, awesome old guy. Walked his dog every day for miles, but fell and broke his hip one day in his 80's and died from complications. It was his life! Loved that old gym. Got in at age 17, worked out there off and on for years!

Planet Fitness, Topeka Kansas

The small one on Grand River that looks like a video rental store on the outside?

Damn man! That brings back some memories! No that wasn't a Powerhouse but I used to go there too in the mid to late 80's. I think it closed up by around 1990 or so. I wish I could remember the name of it. I lived just a few miles from there in Redford. I ended up at the Powerhouse in Farmington Hills.

Damn man! That brings back some memories! No that wasn't a Powerhouse but I used to go there too in the mid to late 80's. I think it closed up by around 1990 or so. I wish I could remember the name of it. I lived just a few miles from there in Redford. I ended up at the Powerhouse in Farmington Hills.

I think it's powerhouse now but the farmington hills one isn't a powerhouse anymore, it's a distant relative that owns them actually. He dropped the powerhouse flag but didn't lower the rates I heard.

I want to check out Las Vegas Athletic Club. I’ve heard it has tons of good equipment and super hot women.

We have 5 LVACs out here now and yes the women are hot but too many young turds work out there also..

Vegas Gold's. I think it was on the North side. Went there during the week of the Mr. O. Holy shit I think 90% of the competitors were there. Plus about a million hotties! Place was so big it never seemed crowded.

Vegas Gold's. I think it was on the North side. Went there during the week of the Mr. O. Holy shit I think 90% of the competitors were there. Plus about a million hotties! Place was so big it never seemed crowded.
The Golds Gyms in Vegas aren't there anymore and haven't been for years, however I trained at the two best ones which were located at...

Sahara and Decatur
&
Flamingo and Sandhill

Both great gyms that are featured in a lot of old bodybuilding vids...including Jay Cutler's old training vids.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Chicago Burbs had a Great gym back in the Day, YEAGERS.
Trained there at My Best!
Now, Xsport is as hard as you get.....Suburbia anyway!

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Gold's Gym in Florissant, MO, off Lindbergh. Has literally every plate-loaded Hammer Strength piece, multiple Olympic platforms, bumper plates, tons of leg equipment.

Gold's Gym in Florissant, MO, off Lindbergh. Has literally every plate-loaded Hammer Strength piece, multiple Olympic platforms, bumper plates, tons of leg equipment.

Bobs fitness in Omaha has some hammer strength award for top5 in the USA for the amount of hammer strength equipment. It’s fking amazing

I've been to Xsport once, I would take it over the Life Time I normally go to if it were closer. You're right though, the burbs are full of "clubs" instead of actual gyms :banghead:

Chicago Burbs had a Great gym back in the Day, YEAGERS.
Trained there at My Best!
Now, Xsport is as hard as you get.....Suburbia anyway!

Everyone laughs about planet fitness but i have seen some big guys train there. I know one local guy that trains here and I would bet he is bigger than about 90% of the people on this board. I think any gym can be a good gym if u got the right mind set and attitude. U fit is also not to shabby down here in Florida. They are so cheap u can have severel gyms to go to

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131