over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best Intra-Workout Supplementation

I don't think any of us stated it's essential to have an intra shake. We merely stated it was optimal for us. I don't know how you train but I train hard for 2 hours so it's very beneficial for me. Obviously you mentioned that about longer training sessions so I am not disagreeing with you. You are spot in in stating if someone is training hard for 40 mins it's not really needed. Nor is it needed if they play about with weights for 1 hour. Although if those guys get results from using them we are no one to say they shouldn't.

It's not about how many calories I burn but sure it's a lot. In regards to recovery there is a night and day difference for me when I use intra shakes from not using them. Even if I have a huge post workout meal when not using them the difference is apparant. I guess calories can come into it in one way for me though. If I am eating say 5000 calories in 1 day if I have 1000 of them whilst I train it makes it much easier. I train so hard as well that by the time I walk home I am actually hungry even after drinking a lot of calories whilst training. If I don't have an intra that could mean 1 big or 2 smaller meals extra for me to get the same calories in so it's definitely easier for me utilizing intra shakes.

agreed. it's not about "how many calories you burn." It's about creating an anabolic environment for growth. i believe milos calls this the "hyperemia advantage

All studies I’ve seen shown no benefit to glutamine supplementation yet people keep using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure there is literature to show it helps healing the lining of the stomach n general GUT health.

That’s why I take it

I’m sure there is literature to show it helps healing the lining of the stomach n general GUT health.

That’s why I take it

It makes a big difference for me with digestive issues.
I’ve had ulcers since I was a kid , and have always noticed that when I stopped taking glutamine that I have to increase my meds

All studies I’ve seen shown no benefit to glutamine supplementation yet people keep using it.

i take it for 2 reasons, gut health and immune system, 20grams a day

I need so much more than I take around my workout window!
I Need constant Calories threw out the Day!
Down to 254 LBS !!!
No Way to eat that much Solid Food...So Drink It as much as Possible!
All winter of Bulking Gone By May!

Not the best but I use one scoop and a half of powdered Gatorade and one scoop of BCAAs in 20oz water and ice.

25 grams of HBCD
15 grams of EAA's
8 grams of citrulline (dirt cheap)
2 grams beet root extract
5 grams Hydromax

Buy it separately and mix it myself. Train in the am.....and ready to eat whole food by the time I shower and get to work.

No stimulants as I'm sensitive to them.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

50g HBCD , 20g EAA , 10g Glutamine , 10g Creatine ,5g L-Leucine, 5g Citriuline mallate , 1/2 teaspoon salt

Mixed in a 1.25 liter bottle with a pack of pink lemonade crystal light
Start sipping on my way to the gym , finish up about 3/4 of the way through
Same here minus the salt.... Never thought of that but it's a good addition.

Same here minus the salt.... Never thought of that but it's a good addition.
I cat do the whole salt in my workout drink thing so I just slam a half teaspoon before I go. And like someone else mentioned I use glutamine because It helps my digestion

I cat do the whole salt in my workout drink thing so I just slam a half teaspoon before I go. And like someone else mentioned I use glutamine because It helps my digestion
X2 on glutamine and gut health.

I have colitis and it's helped a ton.

I've been using 5g twice a day with a fiber supplement aside from my intra and have not had a flare up in over a year.

20g eaa
30g powder
35g whatever waxy maze or hbcd or carb that is on sale when i restock
10g glutamine
10g creatine

I've tried to take the salt all at once but it turns my gut upside down , I'll shit in 20 min.!!

It definitely helps with a better pump Especially if you're carb depleted or training fasted

when i use the glutamine vs without i find i dont go hypo when i use insulin. carbs are covered but sometimes i can feel the sweats and blurry vision coming on once Im home cooking my post workout meal. with glutamine it never happens

Am I the only one that has looked at the scientific studies on glutamine? It’s pointless even at mega dosing 20 g per day on top of diet.

The most Abundant Amino acid in the Body is Pointless ?

Am I the only one that has looked at the scientific studies on glutamine? It’s pointless even at mega dosing 20 g per day on top of diet.

I love studies but they don't show everything. The promuscle study is definitely in favour of glutamine by the looks of it. Anyone who has stomach issues or has used insulin with glutamine can also attest it definitely does something and is certainly not pointless. Will it build tonnes of muscle... of couse not... but it compliments things very well.

The most Abundant Amino acid in the Body is Pointless ?

Many may say but that's the reason you don't need extra. But to me that simple way of looking at it is the smartest and I completely agree. Glutamine is one of the few things I take most of the year. Is it essential of course not but no supplement is.

I do the intra shakes, but only bc i use insulin w them to be honest... i dont think intra does anything better then meals/shakes pre/post nutrition without it...

That said
- 100-200g fast carbs (never tried hbcds yet, Karbolyn is my goto but im fine w dextrose or ill do a dextrose/malto dex mix

-never used a true EAA, but i like 25g hydro whey

- about 10- 15g creatine, idk exact, i put a butter knife in the tub and whatever i can balance on it and make into the water jug is the amount lol

...not part of my intra shake, but ~10-20mg pde5 and glycerin (from a few tbs of syraplex) in 1 cup coffee about 30 min pre... and a heavy carb/sodium meal 90 min pre

I put this in about 3/5th a gallon water

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member