over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

best job for a bodybuilder

Ivanko

Registered
whats the best job you guys ever had? Im not talking career, im talking job, what paid for you to get through school and still gave you the freedom and cash to presue bodybuilding. Im working on my degree now and have what i think is a pretty good job working for a supplement store. I can eat whenever, get discounts on supps, pays 16 hourly on average. Only thing is the long hours arent flexable at all and theres a lot of boredom.
Just curious what jobs you guys had that fit well around a bodybuilding life style.

Dont say trainer, did that crap.. Never again.

I am in the same boat as you bro, I also work at a supplement store in fact i am rite now ha. I must say we have it pretty good especially if your going to school...plenty of time to study at work and get paid for it! I cant believe how bored i get at work though lol!

i used to manage a gnc....the most boring frkn job ever. better than being the hardest tho. i read dozens of books while "working" there lol. get web access and a netbook, and your good to. haha.

best thing is the protein hookup...that was prob worth an extra 2/3 dollars hourly to me. although i wasnt a very honest employee, i used to take the returned tubs of protein home with me...for some reason that seems gross to people tho, not me! no way was i throwing away a half full tub of isopure!:banghead:

Last edited:
Owning an online bodybuilding website, find some good MODs for around the clock

whats the best job you guys ever had? Im not talking career, im talking job, what paid for you to get through school and still gave you the freedom and cash to presue bodybuilding. Im working on my degree now and have what i think is a pretty good job working for a supplement store. I can eat whenever, get discounts on supps, pays 16 hourly on average. Only thing is the long hours arent flexable at all and theres a lot of boredom.
Just curious what jobs you guys had that fit well around a bodybuilding life style.

Dont say trainer, did that crap.. Never again.

How about bouncing at strip clubs?

i bounced through college. My favorite job to date!

Bouncing at bars.

Sell plasma. I earn 220 a month for going twice a week (scratch that - it'll interfere with gains. I think).

Security guard...Was able to eat when I wanted, read,make training logs and it did not expend much energy. Check the boards when wanted to as well.

I work for myself in my girlfriends dads shop building furniture an selling it while I go through school. I love it. Cant beat working for yourself.

Were you on your feet a lot?
Walk a little and then sit. Walk a little and then sit. Sometimes just sitting and opening doors. So not that much. Even If you were on your feet your not using much energy just standing around doing nothing.

Rich and owns his own gym but has other staff to look after it if he needs to train or eat. Before he owned the gym he got a degree in pharmaceutical studies but later decided to train to be a dietitian.

For me I guess it was when I managed a supplementation shop... obvious reasons. Although I ate far too many protein bars due to boredom and availaibility. I too had to write off many things... one time about 100 muscletech protein bars (about $5 each) that I kept as they were just out of date. Not had a bar in ages now though

Bouncing at bars.

Sell plasma. I earn 220 a month for going twice a week (scratch that - it'll interfere with gains. I think).

$220 a month? thats pretty high...i wish they pay me to donate blood!

Walk a little and then sit. Walk a little and then sit. Sometimes just sitting and opening doors. So not that much. Even If you were on your feet your not using much energy just standing around doing nothing.

I think I might go get me a guard card next week, I hope once I get the card I can find a laid back post that let's me eat like the one you had.

every job i have had sucks and hard. i work for a moving company and move furniture all day up and down stairs. its hard getting to the gym sometimes after busting your balls all day. the summers the trucks are about 100 degres and its hard to keep weight on. the only positive is when i cant get to the gym i still do get pumps during work, its not the same but still gets the blood flowing

I think I might go get me a guard card next week, I hope once I get the card I can find a laid back post that let's me eat like the one you had.

All the post I worked were easy. Drive around in a car watch a parking lot walk around buildings check doors. The walking I did was easy. Walk around outside building check perimeters every half hour then go sit for a half hour. Have people sign into buildings. Sometime tow a case in the fire lane and stand by car for 15min until tow truck came. Its not a lot of work at all. I did it while I was in college cause it was easy to get homework done or read for school. It was also easy to manage to get to gym and make good progress.

Doesn't pay much like probably like $12hr without bluecard and maybe $14hr with.

All the post I worked were easy. Drive around in a car watch a parking lot walk around buildings check doors. The walking I did was easy. Walk around outside building check perimeters every half hour then go sit for a half hour. Have people sign into buildings. Sometime tow a case in the fire lane and stand by car for 15min until tow truck came. Its not a lot of work at all. I did it while I was in college cause it was easy to get homework done or read for school. It was also easy to manage to get to gym and make good progress.

Doesn't pay much like probably like $12hr without bluecard and maybe $14hr with.

That sounds perfect, I'm in school as well so study time would be good......what is the bluecard? I'm assuming the certifications differ depending on what state you are in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That sounds perfect, I'm in school as well so study time would be good......what is the bluecard? I'm assuming the certifications differ depending on what state you are in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

certification you can carry a firearm for the job. You don't need it though. Most low level security jobs I know don't require a firearm or don't even want you to have one.

second shift was the best for me. go to classes in am 9-1. take a nap for 1hr go. go to the gym around 2. eat go to work 4-midnight and get my 8rs sleep. it was perfect. i got lucky and had fri and sat nights off and got to go out and party and sleep all day go to work that evening and be all set for Monday morning school. Did this for 4yrs fulltime while in school.

Last edited:
certification you can carry a firearm for the job. You don't need it though. Most low level security jobs I know don't require a firearm or don't even want you to have one.

second shift was the best for me. go to classes in am 9-1. take a nap for 1hr go. go to the gym around 2. eat go to work 4-midnight and get my 8rs sleep. it was perfect. i got lucky and had fri and sat nights off and got to go out and party and sleep all day go to work that evening and be all set for Monday morning school. Did this for 4yrs fulltime while in school.

Nice, if I could get those types of hours for work I would be more than happy to work haha. Thx for the info bro.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear