over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

best method breaking up scar tissue?

jerryx31

Registered
early summer had my right knee scoped. completed p/t knee felt great! 2 weeks after completing p/t knee swelled and never been the same.. 5 months later my knee remains tight and stiff.. been back to the op several x's and tells me my knee's fine? recently went to another op dr. for a 2nd opinion, and basicly told me it's scar tissue and since the scope was performed more than 3 months didn't recommend going in and scraping out the scar tissue due to the fact that new tissue might form? dr. also told me to ice, heat, and massage the area with ice and eventually and would take care of itself on it's own? 4 weeks later knee remains tight, stiff and feel scar tissue cracking when bending leg?
wondering if anybody experienced the same type knee issues after a knee scope and what method was used to alleviate the scar tissue?

thanks

I would try yoga. It's a long road, but that coupled with proper stretching, and rehabilitating type exercise should get you on the right track.

early summer had my right knee scoped. completed p/t knee felt great! 2 weeks after completing p/t knee swelled and never been the same.. 5 months later my knee remains tight and stiff.. been back to the op several x's and tells me my knee's fine? recently went to another op dr. for a 2nd opinion, and basicly told me it's scar tissue and since the scope was performed more than 3 months didn't recommend going in and scraping out the scar tissue due to the fact that new tissue might form? dr. also told me to ice, heat, and massage the area with ice and eventually and would take care of itself on it's own? 4 weeks later knee remains tight, stiff and feel scar tissue cracking when bending leg?
wondering if anybody experienced the same type knee issues after a knee scope and what method was used to alleviate the scar tissue?

thanks

I cannot remember for the world what you call it, but its kind of like a small ultrasound looking instrument. It creates heat with certain meds that slowly breaks down the scar tissue. Everyone else has some pretty good Ideas though. Looks like we are all beat up...lifting and injuries has its terrible prices brother,

What about the Graston Technique?? One of your local chiropractor's should offer this service.

The Graston Technique

Ive had this same issue after my knee surgery abt a year ago. I would massage the knee and stretch but it always felt tight and achy. I finally tried rolling the the fleshy parts around my knee with a rubber lacrosse ball. I will slowly roll while kneeling on the ball and find all the rough areas. It was painful at first but has helped alot with getting my knee back to normal..
#poormansART

Has anyone successfully broken up a large scar tissue ? Like golf ball size? I kno a doc n we tried kenalog but it wasn't successful...

Had Open Heart Surgery last yr and was supposed to be min invasive but dr fucked up and I ended up with 30 in of scars and tried everything. Electro stim and Ultra Sound. I also get alot of massages but Micro Current has helped me especially with my pec and lat and bicep which I have a ton of scar tissue. I have had the best success with the micro current.

Look in to MFR (Myo-Facial Release) I don't know wether it would be optimal for a knee issue but it has helped me with scar tissue and adhesions throughout my body over the pas 15 years.

Lacross ball technique just started, Graston tech. will definitely be looking into as well as the others!
Thank You guys for your feedback!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner