over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best movement to build the "tear drop" on legs

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was wondering what movement you guys like best to hit And grow the tear drop portion of the leg (lower inner thigh) , the only movement that i realy feel this muscle work is single leg extensions with the toe pointed way out and that causes alot of knee pain the next day

ditto on the Front Squats

But I like to go wide and my tear drops still burn.

Barbell hack squats also murder my tear drops as well.

The two exercises that have left me hobbled are close stance leg press for high reps or drop set and close stance hack squats with drop set.

The two exercises that have left me hobbled are close stance leg press for high reps or drop set and close stance hack squats with drop set.

x2

Thanks for the imput , i'll try these out this evening

x3 ;)

Ive

hit them pretty good on leg extensions, but instead of leaning back (like Vince Gironda) let your butt come off the seat as you come up with your feet. Seems to move focus closer to teardrops.

hit them pretty good on leg extensions, but instead of leaning back (like Vince Gironda) let your butt come off the seat as you come up with your feet. Seems to move focus closer to teardrops.

and turn your toes in!

front squats
narrow stance hack squats

leg extension with your butt higher than your knees (<--- this one hurts)

seems the guys Ive known with best teardrop development did hacksquat as well. No clue on stance or toes lol

hack squats with a sissy squat "like" R.O.M.
Like your knees and hips are going forward, then: don't stand all the way up.
Good Lord, I hate those, especially supersetted with something else prior
-c
BTW not good if knee problems of any sort, but healthy knees=blast away

Smith Squats

Feet together smith machine squats....the smith is needed to allow adequate weight to be applied, which is quite difficult to control with your feet together doing barbell squats.

tied front squats and feet together leg presses for realy high reps and they deffinatly hurt now!!!
Our hack squat is a piece of shit so i diden't even bother

and turn your toes in!

No, point your toes out on leg extentions while sitting close to the edge for teardrop. Toes in puts focus on outer quad. Also, the train failure with full range of motion, then continue doing half reps with the bottom half of the range of motion.

Leg Presses and Hack Squats with the feet lower on the platform put more stress on the lower quad.....be careful though, there is a fine line between lower quad and knee pain.

Smith machine Squats with the feet way out in front leaning back into the bar. Feet fairly close together with a slight toes out stance.

Sissy squat type Roman Chair device. It sits low to the ground and stabilizes the ankles

unfortunately the tear drop you are referring to is highly genetic depending on "what ya momma gave ya." That being said the anatomy of the teardrop is the insertion points of the vastus medisalis, lateralis, rectus femorus, and sartorius. as previous posts have mentioned front squats, hack squats, and the controversial leg extension with varied toe positions will target these fibers the greatest- per emg testing. Anything that will target these muscles as best ya can in a controlled fashion will do. If ya have long tendons and short muscle "bellies" this part of the thigh can and is very difficulty to attain. On all the mentoned exercises ya must go to full lock out of the knees so be careful of those joints. The biggest part of the muscle which is much more proximal to this area will try and recruit these fibers first so ya must concentrate-regardless of weight used- while performing these movements. Best of luck.

With all the surgeries on my legs I have found I have to superset Hack Squats with Front Squats...sometimes I will just do Hack Squats with Reverse Hack Squats...I find by supersetting them I can get more out of my quad muscles without feeling so much burden on my bones and knees.

try doing the leg press with 1 leg at at time, let's you scoot the leg in a little closer than you normally could, murders the tear drop.

EMG testing has show the top range of motion during leg extensions works the medial head the most. Personally I think medial quad growth is all about going deep on shit like squats, toe position, foot width means little imo. Sissy squats are also great.

Pre-exhaust with leg extensions, but to failure. Then front squats with a 25 plate under your heels. Then, hack squats with your feet placed low on the platform, becareful for your knees. Do not wrap anything, use the weight that is suitable.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws