YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

*BEST* Multivitamin people are taking? Looking to switch it up.

Shockrock3

Registered
Newbies
Been taking Orange Triad for awhile but looking to switch it up a bit. What are people using here they would suggest? Thanks!!

Any reputable brand really. Now, drs best. It honestly doesn’t matter much

I read some studies in the New England Journal of Medicine that showed a higher mortality rate of people using vitamins versus a non user. I get most of mine through diet and really only supplement extra Vitamin C.

I was using orange triad, but switched to life extension 2 a day. Half the cost just as good imo.

I'd look at Thorne and Life Extension.

I read some studies in the New England Journal of Medicine that showed a higher mortality rate of people using vitamins versus a non user. I get most of mine through diet and really only supplement extra Vitamin C.

I remember that I think but was a correlation, not causation thing. Like people who would take their multivitamins with their McDonalds value meal versus people eating chicken and mixed vegetables w/ no multi.

Been taking Orange Triad for awhile but looking to switch it up a bit. What are people using here they would suggest? Thanks!!
No use in using a multi vitamin , I like to pick certain vitamin supplements like vitamin c ,d ,fish oil etc , much more valuable then a multivitamin, don’t waste your money

I remember that I think but was a correlation, not causation thing. Like people who would take their multivitamins with their McDonalds value meal versus people eating chicken and mixed vegetables w/ no multi.

I would have to go back and look at actual specifics in the article because it's been some time ago. I do believe it was addressed to the general population and not bodybuilders/athletes .

Life Extension.

My impression was that the studies basically couldn't tell if it was correlation or causation. I also remember for example a study saying smokers were more likely to get lung cancer if they used B-vitamins. I would rule out that it's the vitamins. Things like antioxidants are controversial also, with most experts seemingly saying not to mess with potent antioxidants unless there was a very specific reason. Antioxidants could weaken your natural defences.

Another sort of related topic is why vegetables extend life and health. Many experts now seem to think it has more to do with hormesis, not the micronutrient content. That is, vegetables are mild toxins and the body builds a defence against them which is health promoting.

I do use a multivitamin periodically still but I use a lower than recommended dosage or use a conservatively dosed brand.

I started using Passion 4 Life this year

Pure Encapsulation and Thorne are hands down some of the best companies when it comes to herbs, vitamins and etc.

I think I saw this too. Could be many reasons. Anyone who views health as something that comes in a pill is likely not that healthy. I'd also assume those who take multivitamins are people who are popping many other pills medicine and view that as the secret to health vs preventative measures like losing weight, cardio, lifestyle changes.

Orange triad is good I use now Adam. But on my low carb days I still get 100 % of my rda for vitamin c from real food. The multi is just in case, I assume 0 gets absorbed just to be safe.

I use this one

5F23ADC4-8424-41F1-8AA4-42F050CE5581.jpeg
CEA3EDC8-A810-42EA-A15A-3AD6E2189993.jpeg

My impression was that the studies basically couldn't tell if it was correlation or causation. I also remember for example a study saying smokers were more likely to get lung cancer if they used B-vitamins. I would rule out that it's the vitamins. Things like antioxidants are controversial also, with most experts seemingly saying not to mess with potent antioxidants unless there was a very specific reason. Antioxidants could weaken your natural defences.

Another sort of related topic is why vegetables extend life and health. Many experts now seem to think it has more to do with hormesis, not the micronutrient content. That is, vegetables are mild toxins and the body builds a defence against them which is health promoting.

I do use a multivitamin periodically still but I use a lower than recommended dosage or use a conservatively dosed brand.
I was following the Carnivore diet, and it's believed that plants are toxic. I looked further into it and yes they are and this is how they boost you immune system more than their vitamins.

Energy Essentials & Superfoods. No other comes close.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws