over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

best "non-shake" protein supplement

Why is it recommended that Humapro be taken separate from meals? Just curious.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking either with carbs or fat. Intact consumption with carbs increases it's anabolic effect.

You do know what peptide bonded aimno acids are right? It's protein. There are many advantages to having a mixed meal.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking either with carbs or fat. Intact consumption with carbs increases it's anabolic effect.

You do know what peptide bonded aimno acids are right? It's protein. There are many advantages to having a mixed meal.

The only exception would be a very fast digesting carb, glucose ploymers, HBCD, etc.

The whole point of taking free and peptide aminos is to get them to the muscle quick. Fats and most carbs will slow gastric emptying time greatly. Just use non-hydrolyzed protein powder and leave the tailored stuff for what it's made for. Unless you like to be a tool and waste time and money.

Why is it recommended that Humapro be taken separate from meals? Just curious.

Because they know what they're talking about and want you to get the most from their supplement.

If you're taking free aminos you could take a quick carb to get more insulin but it's really not needed as free aminos elicit plenty of insulin on their own to get the job done.

Peptide bound, you're gonna want to wait 20 for aminos to get circulating before slamming down the quick carbs.

Yeah Dipasquale's Amino's look the best best. Just too damn expensive for me at this point.

The Beverly Ultra-40 look pretty economical though.
The Ultra-40/ Mass aminos combo is pretty decent for natty gains.

Just take the aminos seperate from food. First thing in the AM and 45 minutes before dinner or after training.

The only exception would be a very fast digesting carb, glucose ploymers, HBCD, etc.

The whole point of taking free and peptide aminos is to get them to the muscle quick. Fats and most carbs will slow gastric emptying time greatly. Just use non-hydrolyzed protein powder and leave the tailored stuff for what it's made for. Unless you like to be a tool and waste time and money.

Free form aminos = no digestion so gastric emptying won't make a difference. Speed shouldn't be of concern anyway unless you subscribe to Layne Norton's theory.

Peptide aminos are what is found in nature. Steak, chicken,dairy etc.
I agree gastric emptying will slow digestion down but I'm not sure why you would look at this as an added benefit.

Also OP as said above why do you want to go with these expensive supplements? Considering the price why not put that money towards a steak? Sounds far more enjoyable to me.

Free form aminos = no digestion so gastric emptying won't make a difference. Speed shouldn't be of concern anyway unless you subscribe to Layne Norton's theory.

Peptide aminos are what is found in nature. Steak, chicken,dairy etc.
I agree gastric emptying will slow digestion down but I'm not sure why you would look at this as an added benefit.

Not completely accurate. Fats, whole protein and most carbs will all delay free amino acids from emptying out of the stomach.

Peptide bonded, I should've been more specific, Di and tri peptide bonded is what I'm referring to. Free and di/tri peptide bonded aminos are performance aminos, not for general dietary use. They are used for a specific purpose.

To use them in any other manner is to cripple their full potential.

Kingpeon, instead of multi quoting you 10 times and pointing out your fallacies, I will simply tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to consuming carbs with Humapro. Its has a damn built-in GDA. Fats along with it is also fine. Listen to iintensity as you could actually learn something since he is teaching you some real fundamental things here.

Kingpeon, instead of multi quoting you 10 times and pointing out your fallacies, I will simply tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to consuming carbs with Humapro. Its has a damn built-in GDA. Fats along with it is also fine. Listen to iintensity as you could actually learn something since he is teaching you some real fundamental things here.
Adding fats to free aminos? That's the most retarded thing I've heard in a long time. I wasn't talking about Humapro, per se, just free aminos in general.

Sorry bro there isn't anything to learn from iintensity about this. I'll be fine but thanks for caring about my amino knowledge. Fats with Humapro is just dumb as it serves no purpose. Be my guest if you like taking Humapro w/ fats. That'd be like adding diesel to a top fuel dragster's fuel tank. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Last edited:
Not completely accurate. Fats, whole protein and most carbs will all delay free amino acids from emptying out of the stomach.

Peptide bonded, I should've been more specific, Di and tri peptide bonded is what I'm referring to. Free and di/tri peptide bonded aminos are performance aminos, not for general dietary use. They are used for a specific purpose.

To use them in any other manner is to cripple their full potential.

Free forms amino acids aren't emptied out the stomach or anything like that, they are barely metabolized by the small intestine. It's very similar to an infusion.

Anyway let's just say they are slowed down significantly and are consumed with plenty of fat and fiber. Why would this make a difference? What is so special about speed?

As for the di and tri peptide thing I'm assuming your talking about hydrolized protein which takes hours to digest and is totally different from free form aminos. These are completely pointless and digest at the same rate as plain old whey. This may be the most pointless supplement unless you like paying twice as much and a foul taste.

Free forms amino acids aren't emptied out the stomach or anything like that, they are barely metabolized by the small intestine. It's very similar to an infusion.

Anyway let's just say they are slowed down significantly and are consumed with plenty of fat and fiber. Why would this make a difference? What is so special about speed?

As for the di and tri peptide thing I'm assuming your talking about hydrolized protein which takes hours to digest and is totally different from free form aminos. These are completely pointless and digest at the same rate as plain old whey. This may be the most pointless supplement unless you like paying twice as much and a foul taste.

Everything is emptied out of the stomach, including free aminos. The stomach gets 'confused' when free aminos are introduced because it wants to do something with them but it really has nothing to accomplish so it quickly moves them out into the duodenum.

Like I said before, to use free aminos like they were a whole protein is stupid. They are a specialty tool so to speak and should be used as such.

Speed of gastric emptying is important when you're using them around training. Any other time speed is of little concern. So why use a product built for speed of uptake and throw a monkey wrench in the works by adding fat and negate the products intended purpose?

Hydro protein does not take hours to digest, unless there's something wrong with you. It's a different protein for a different purpose. To be used when training, same as free aminos (or at least on an empty stomach)

Last edited:
Back to the original question, which I think is a good one, here is what I've done:

-I've found most protein powders to bloat me, mess with my digestion, and leave me feeling undernourished if used too often. They certainly lack the micronutrition found in food.

-I've tried the liquid egg whites thing, but that many egg whites irritates my gut and I do have an issue with consuming only the less beneficial and most allergic part of the egg...

When I had major gut issues, sometimes I'd make my own "baby food" and put it in little jars, so that each little jar was a meal.

I would take cooked wild salmon or grass fed beef or any meat really, and mix it with a starch like rice or potato/sweet potato. I'd then throw it into the food processor with lots of herbs and spices and blend it down into mush, put it in the jar and throw in the fridge. This took a lot of work away from my stomach.

Now that I can digest real food again, I still sometimes find myself snagging a few of those bumblee pouches of wild pink salmon and some rice cakes for example, instead of resorting to protein shakes.

my .02c

I have used the Beverly product and had very good results.

LBAs are good, but maybe it is just me but every time I used them I always had to hit the toilet and poop in an hour or so.

I have used the Beverly product and had very good results.

LBAs are good, but maybe it is just me but every time I used them I always had to hit the toilet and poop in an hour or so.
My bro has the same problem, it's the damned glycerine. It's cool to be able to make your own with half the original dose of glycerine per serving.

Instantised BCAA's or EAA's.

Humapro is just marketed instantised EAA's and more expensive.

Both are good, but light on the stomach and wont fill you up.

Anabolic Amino 10,000??

Anyone familiar with Anabolic Amino 10,000 by healthy and fit? I've been taking these on and off for a while now and like them. Just curious how they stack up against HumaPro or some of the others mentioned in this thread. Im not familiar with Humapro at all. I do take my aminos on an empty stomach in-between meals. I have a contest prep coming up and I think supplements like these will probably really help during the process.

Any particular brand that you recommend?

Instantised BCAA's or EAA's.

Humapro is just marketed instantised EAA's and more expensive.

Both are good, but light on the stomach and wont fill you up.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131