over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best nuts for quality fat source

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've recently started making my own nut butter (as in peanuts and almonds) and was wondering what are some of the better nuts to use as a source of good fat.
I've used peanuts , almonds , cashews so far and was thinking about trying some macadamia nuts and walnuts , maybe mixing some also.

Being that you need to add a little oil to it at first I've been using coconut oil for that. My kids and coworkers like peanutbutter so I'm just trying to make a healthier alternative .

Could you tell us what kind of food processor you use and the recipe? I've been curious to try this myself but my food processor isn't up to the task...

I would use peanuts as the base and add some macademia nuts and brazil nuts. Brazil nuts have countless health benefits. Maybe some shreaded coconut as well, but now I'm just dreaming:)

i've done it with cashews before and just used whatever oil i had in the house which i think was olive oil. seeing as you don't need to add a lot of it to the mix i don't think it makes that big of a difference. i think that coconut oil would make it taste slightly better overall.

i did mine in the blender so i chose to use a softer nut like cashews as opposed to something harder like almonds. i'd think that if you used mac nuts you would have to add less oil than with other nuts as they tend to have slightly more oil than others

Last edited:
Best nuts for quality fat source: Walnuts

Walnuts and Walnut Oil is good

I found this at a local farmers market, it's really good
La Nogalera Walnut Oil

I have a "Ninja" blender I use that with the small container I'll put about 2 cups of nuts in their totally dry and chop them up on the low speed stopping several times to scrape them away from the sides then I'll add a couple tablespoon of warm coconut oil and mix on high until it's really smooth and creamy , at this point it will be very thin , I just add a couple more cups and blend till creamy and add more eventually it will be thicker.

Th last batch I made was half cashew half almonds and was a bit to runny so I added 4 scoops chocolate whey isolate (1scoop at a time) until it got thicker.
You can also use LBA's to thicken it up but add them very very slowly cause it drys the butter out very fast and will turn into concrete quick

Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews, Pecans

a lot of chicks like the fatty oils that my nuts produce under the right conditions.

for women only.

I like Macadamia nuts and coconut oil.

Ak

Last edited:
Walnuts for me... They have the highest Omega 3 content and I am less prone to over eating them.

i would have to go with walnuts and pecans,

Walnuts for me... They have the highest Omega 3 content and I am less prone to over eating them.

yes i need to switch to these i will eat the shit out of almonds.

I just made a test batch of half peanut half brazilnut butter. It came out excellent, both in terms of taste and consistency.

Best nuts for quality fat source: Walnuts

That is exactly what I was gonna say. Read a news article just a few weeks ago about the best "healthy" nut being the walnut. Not sure how it would mix up as a paste. But healthy wise, walnuts from what I have read are tops.

If you can stomach it, you need the raw nuts. Roasting kills some of the good fats. I was thinking of trying almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts with some coconut oil and a scoop or two of protein powder.

My blender is a vita mixer, but any of the daily expensive blenders will work. Look at the amount of HP the blender has. Most cheap ones are less than a half hp, get a 2 hp blender if you want to make nut butter. They are 100$ to 200$, but workth it. We use ours almost every day.

For single serving blending and easy clean up, us the magic bullet!

Macadamia & brazil nuts are immense bro! :)

Can't believe no one said...

DEEZ NUTS

Anyway, yes walnuts have the highest amount of Omega 3, but almonds also have their advantages, high amount of ALA and other benefits. I use a mix of both.

I will second the vita-mixer. It is expensive but I use the thing daily and it is great! I blend protein and oats shakes and it comes out so smooth you would never know there was oats in it. I have made peanut and almond butter also. There is no need to add any oil to this blender just crank it on high and let it go until smooth.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131