over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BEST OTC Cold Medicine?

2 days of Nyquil and I'm still not feeling better. Recommendations for something effective/better than Nyquil?
Depending on your symptoms...Mucinex is the strongest OTC medicine I think you can buy in my area. But it's potent.

Get an expectorant to use during the day while drinking a lot of fluids. This will thin the secretions in the lungs and help you cough the crap up and get it out of your body.

Use a suppressant at night if you need to curb coughing enough to be able to sleep.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that! Hope it passes fast!

I stick with the NyQuil but I swear by Airborne chewable immune system tabs. It will cut the length of the sickness big time and keep it handy for next time. For years I've taken it as soon as I notice I'm feeling under the weather and avoid getting sicker all together.

Get lots and lots of rest!

Feel better soon!

Last edited:
I like to take Alka-Seltzer Plus and then before bed I like to take some Nyquil and try to get some good rest.

I'm against the grain with this topic. I feel cold medicines are chemicals and the last thing your body could use when trying to fight a cold. Time, sleep and healthy eating (or fasting) seem to work best for me.

I also swear homemade miso soup works for me. Miso has probiotics in it and a health digestive tract improves your immune system. It also feels good to drink while sick, almost like chicken noodle soup.

Honey or Delsym if cough is an issue. Mucinex and/or Afrin if you can’t breathe. Everything else is bullshit.

I see this shit on the reg in the ER.

well . . .

I'm against the grain with this topic. I feel cold medicines are chemicals and the last thing your body could use when trying to fight a cold. Time, sleep and healthy eating (or fasting) seem to work best for me.

I also swear homemade miso soup works for me. Miso has probiotics in it and a health digestive tract improves your immune system. It also feels good to drink while sick, almost like chicken noodle soup.

Typically I would agree with you about the chemicals being the last thing your body
needs (unless ‘truly’ needed) when you are trying to fight something off but when
I get a cold (it has been a long long time) I really suffer, I mean really suffer, like I
lose a week out of my life.

Theraflu® is the only thing that relieves the symptoms for me, make colds somewhat
tolerable. That and lots of H2O. (Beer works too ;) ) It does not make it go away
faster, I just don’t feel as bad.

I try and maintain a normal lifestyle when I have a cold. Still do cardio and work out
with weights. Funny thing is I am somewhat stronger when I have a cold. Make no
sense. Maybe my body is producing more testosterone or something to combat it.
I feel better after working out, then I am quickly back to feeling like shit :(

Watch this . . . hilarious.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ"]Man Stroke Woman - Man Cold - YouTube[/ame]

Bronchaid with a probable side of Cough Syrup. (I'm sorta being a smart ass, sort of not) Fluid, Fluid, Fluidly.

Fish Amoxycilin, go to your local pet fish store.

Anything else you're just masking symptoms.

Mucinex is good and very safe if you have lots of phlem

Mucinex and theraflu or my choices when battling a cold and still needing to function

Dealing with this crap right now. Mucinex (or generic form) and Delsyn are the best for phlegm, cough, breathing, etc. At least for me.

Finally went to the doc and got some amoxicillin and prednisone and that's knowcking it out after a couple of days.

I kinda agree and take a preventative approach... 2g Vit C a day although it hasnt shown to do anything to reduce time sick if sick already, only prevent

Dealing with this crap right now. Mucinex (or generic form) and Delsyn are the best for phlegm, cough, breathing, etc. At least for me.

Finally went to the doc and got some amoxicillin and prednisone and that's knowcking it out after a couple of days.

I'm trying to avoid antibiotics and prednisone. Definitely will be my last ditch effort. Starting to feel a little better today so hopefully the rest, fluids, vit C and a few various cold meds have me heading in the right direction. By far the worst cold I've had in numerous years.

I usually just let it run its course, but the last couple of times I've had a cold, I have taken kratom (4 grams twice a day) and it masks all symptoms for me completely. Congestion, coughing, sore throat, headache, all gone entirely until the kratom wears off. As soon as I take another dose and give it 20 min or so, no more cold symptoms. Obviously not doing anything to get rid of the cold, but if the symptoms aren't there it's good for me. And it seems to run its course in the same amount of time, 4 or 5 days.

I stick with NyQuil and DayQuil but making sure I get a lot of electrolytes is your goal to fall asleep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multiple emergencee packs a day help my cold go away much faster for sure.

Buy Zicam and keep it with you... take it at first sign next time you get sick and repeat every two hours..

I've seen this but honestly very leary of products like this. I will buy some though and keep it hand.
Or just supplement with some Zinc when you start feeling the first symptoms of onset.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner