over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best place to live?

thx, do you have any examples of real estate cost..keeping in mind 3 active kids and high maintenance wife

Condos are dirt cheap, you can find 1-2 bedrooms under 30k, I know a few people who just bought multiple condos and knocked out walls to make larger living spaces to get places at the same size for cheaper than they could get villas at... villas are more pricey but its your own private space. You can get a new build villa with a good size pool around 2000sq ft in a 5 star gated resort community for 200k, for a high end villa that seems to be the starting point but if you can spend a bit more you start being able to get a lot more for your money. Heres what 300k can get ya as an example.

**broken link removed**

about 8000 sq ft. High maintenance wife would have lots of shopping to do for space like that and theres plenty of shopping in general. People are really friendly, building a social circle is easy so your wife if shes open would make friends and be out and about all the time, probably more than she is where shes at now as most women she'll meet will have days free. Theres social clubs, expat clubs, sports clubs, egyptians love finding ways to seperate themselves with other high value individuals so any sort of club becomes a great place to socialize and meet people. With water at your doorsteps active kids have beaches, watersports, waterparks (waterslide wave pools), then theres enough greenspace for sports so its not hard to keep them entertained. Internet and foreign cable is cheap so theyll have all the tv and movies they did back home, movie theaters are around as well and they play international releases. Theres also lots of home comforts if one gets homesick, restaurants youd know by name, fast food, chains etc but the prices are pretty on par with what youd find at home so theyre made for tourists. As a local you can eat well on the cheap and there are loads of high end options as well for nights out with the wife if youre inclined. The big expense is the property but the day to day living is cheap, your biggest cost outside the property is going to be your gym membership. Its not horrible if you buy the year probably 100 bux a month but I live in BC Canada most of the year and just visit my place in sharm for a couple months a year, so monthly they gouge me for 250 a month for the golds. As I said they love making clubs exclusive and this price keeps it that way. Its nice not ever having more than 15 people at the gym and you get to know the people quick that way.

Condos are dirt cheap, you can find 1-2 bedrooms under 30k, I know a few people who just bought multiple condos and knocked out walls to make larger living spaces to get places at the same size for cheaper than they could get villas at... villas are more pricey but its your own private space. You can get a new build villa with a good size pool around 2000sq ft in a 5 star gated resort community for 200k, for a high end villa that seems to be the starting point but if you can spend a bit more you start being able to get a lot more for your money. Heres what 300k can get ya as an example.

**broken link removed**

about 8000 sq ft. High maintenance wife would have lots of shopping to do for space like that and theres plenty of shopping in general. People are really friendly, building a social circle is easy so your wife if shes open would make friends and be out and about all the time, probably more than she is where shes at now as most women she'll meet will have days free. Theres social clubs, expat clubs, sports clubs, egyptians love finding ways to seperate themselves with other high value individuals so any sort of club becomes a great place to socialize and meet people. With water at your doorsteps active kids have beaches, watersports, waterparks (waterslide wave pools), then theres enough greenspace for sports so its not hard to keep them entertained. Internet and foreign cable is cheap so theyll have all the tv and movies they did back home, movie theaters are around as well and they play international releases. Theres also lots of home comforts if one gets homesick, restaurants youd know by name, fast food, chains etc but the prices are pretty on par with what youd find at home so theyre made for tourists. As a local you can eat well on the cheap and there are loads of high end options as well for nights out with the wife if youre inclined. The big expense is the property but the day to day living is cheap, your biggest cost outside the property is going to be your gym membership. Its not horrible if you buy the year probably 100 bux a month but I live in BC Canada most of the year and just visit my place in sharm for a couple months a year, so monthly they gouge me for 250 a month for the golds. As I said they love making clubs exclusive and this price keeps it that way. Its nice not ever having more than 15 people at the gym and you get to know the people quick that way.

Fricken awesome, my thanksto you sir and everyone else..This thread has helped thx

Scottsdale is beautiful as well and has some really upper class neighborhoods, just a little more pricey and a little snobby. When I was young I used to hang out in scottsdale every friday and saturday night for the party scene.

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lived there for 8 months when I was 24, good times. Unfortunately after living there for a month my Job told me I was moving it Vegas in 6 months, so I kind of wished the time away looking forward to Vegas. But when I think back it was great. A little snobby but nothing like the nice parts of LA.

Michael0077 are you really willing to leave the country? That will really help you narrow down your search.

I went and visited Saipan once and always wanted to move there. This year I'm going to do it! Anyone in the CNMI?

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lived there for 8 months when I was 24, good times. Unfortunately after living there for a month my Job told me I was moving it Vegas in 6 months, so I kind of wished the time away looking forward to Vegas. But when I think back it was great. A little snobby but nothing like the nice parts of LA.

Michael0077 are you really willing to leave the country? That will really help you narrow down your search.

Yes, im going on scouting missions first costa rica, then??????

I could easily see myself retired in Vienna, Austria. :)

Any updates on your hunt? We are looking to change venues ourselves and this has been a great thread.

I might be moving to Switzerland in a few months... Geneva to be exact. Anyone live there?

I might be moving to Switzerland in a few months... Geneva to be exact. Anyone live there?

My fiancé lived there years ago with her family. Her parents love the place. We are hoping to go for a visit with them. Some good skiing!!

First off…sorry for the long rant, but hope one of the cities will spark your interest. First post on PM!

I've served in the Marine Corps for 20+ years and moved around ever 2-3 years. We have an active lifestyle…my wife is a city girl and I prefer to be near the ocean, living in the suburbs next to a metro area for easy access to entertainment, special events and amazing restaurants.

My favorite places that I've lived, or visited longterm, so far have been

Tampa FL (overall Tampa Bay area)

Houston is nice-but I keep hearing about how awesome Austin TX is

Hawaii- Hight cost of living, with unique cultural shift, coming from the mainland…we felt distant from life on the mainland, but loved the close family focused community and great diving…Oahu is overly congested, but we loved life on Maui and the Big Island (Hawaii). One of the few places where you'll find 70 year old men giving surfing tips to the young surfers!

Maldives- You are in the middle of no-where in the Indian Ocean, but cost of living is cheap (unless you are living on a resort), family/community oriented culture. The capital city/atoll (Male) is dry, but you can drink anywhere else….first rate scuba diving! Most of the population speaks in English…a young democracy.

Belize is a beautiful tourist destination…that is not commercialized. It has a beautiful natural scape, and amazing diving! But they are not great fans of their neighbors in Guatemala!

Germany- High cost of living, but great lifestyle…and ease for traveling through adjacent European nations for short weekend trips.

Dubai- High cost of living…but a great place in the middle east, huge expat presence and everyone speaks English.

Bahrain- A small island in the Arabian Gulf…but a great close knit community, huge expat presence, and everyone speaks English.

Egypt- Sharm Al Sheikh is a great area, but the overall chaos in egypt worries me. Having said that, they recently unveiled a plan to expand/relocate the capital city…should reinvigorate the nation's economy if/when it's underway.

*If you are interested in living abroad, google nations with great expat communities.

Places I've been to, but don't care to return unless I have to-

Washington DC- Great for employment/career opportunities, but traffic sucks and everyone is fixated on their careers and not much else.

Philippines- Great culture and dirt cheap cost of living, but have a crappy economy, very congested capital city (Manila), highly corrupt…aside from criminal activities, they have been at war with a communist insurgency in the north and a extremist muslims in the south. There is also the huge bilateral dispute, with China, over contested islands.

South Korea- A modern capital city, with a booming economy…but not a fan of the traffic congestion and overall culture. And North Korea is always trying to stir the pot to destabilize the region.

Last edited:

My wife's friend is from there…they are both excited to move there, from the US, next year. Great country, but with a high cost of living. Breath taking scenery, easy access to adjacent European nations and great skiing! BTW, Switzerland is not an EU member…in case that makes a difference for employment opportunities.

Last edited:
This thread really makes me want to move. I've lived in Manhattan my whole life but traveled a lot when I was younger all over Europe. Went to college in Delaware. I am kind of tired of the status quo here in NY and have been considering moving to South Beach. My big concern is being able to find a job if I do indeed move. I do real estate here in NY but wouldn't want to do it elsewhere.

YES !

I would look into Gilbert/Chandler Arizona. You have clear blue skies almost every day of the year and although it is hot in the summer time, it is much more comfortable then most places that have high humidity. If you are coming from LA then you can probably get a mansion for what you would pay for a normal family home over there. Both Gilbert and Chandler are some of the safest cities in the nation with a propsperous economic outlook. You can have a farm property with animals yet be right in the middle of the city with plenty to do around you if you want. You have Vegas a 1 hour flight away(with the time change you actually get there at the same time you left) and if you want the beach you have Rocky Point(a very americanized beach resort in Mexico) only a few hour drive south. There are plenty of beautiful women around. Really, not more you could ask for. For me, its about quality of life.
I just returned from a 10 day vaca there, my sis lives in Chandler with her hubby, they have a beautiful 4 bed 2 and a half bath home with a 3 car garage and a built in pool in the back yard, their mortgage is only $1200 a month and the taxes for the whole year were only $1700 last year, i really liked that place and am considering moving there myself at the end of this year, they went to Rocky Point twice and there really was a LOT to do there, weather couldnt be better and there were plenty of lovely women there, we went to Scottsdale also, love that Place ! :love:

How about where to live cheaply, comfortably and safely..Seriously trying to make a good decision, I just cant get away from idea of cutting my living expenses in half...almost like an automatic savings plan. 3000 a month rent, 500 600 a weekend on all three kids, and my wife can throw down at the mall. Me, beach a decent gym, and god willing a little piece of mind. I fought for it all and it fights back, you always end up paying in some way. Just want to find paradise and relax, 15 years 24/7 emergency service company waiting for insurance companies to pay {30 to 90 days}..Sorry for the rant

Heh, I'm sure the bodybuilding helps keep the violent people getting towed at bay, eh?

Dude, come check out Austin. The hype is real and legit. I came here from DC to escape the shit weather and ridiculous cost of living myself. We got Hyde Park Gym (dumbbells up to 200 pounds and 9 Olympic lifting platforms!!!) and so much shit to do it's not even funny. I like to go out once a week, and we have an amazing and affordable nightlife. I bet your girl would love our salsa clubs.

The food is so goddamn good here, too. I gained 15 pounds when I moved here... lol.

Houston is also great with even more amenities if you prefer a bigger city.

In both cities, DO NOT live in the suburbs unless it's near work. Traffic can be totally ridiculous, albeit we ain't no DC or LA, haha.

Last edited:
Saipan

I'm moving to Saipan in November. CHEAP! Beautiful. US Territory. Golds Gym.

**broken link removed**

Destin Florida or cave creek Arizona! It's right outside Phoenix without the big city atmosphere

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear