over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best places to train in Phoenix area?

AceTen21

Newbies
I'm new to forum and have done much more reading that posting.

Anyway, what do you guys recommend in the Phoenix area?

Freedom Fitness on the N/W corner of Lone Mountain and Cave Creek. I drive about twenty minutes to get there and pass about 10 gyms but still go because it is the best.

Thanks bro.

That place is a bit too far for me though. 33mi away. Are there any other places in the area you'd recommend?

Are you on the East Side or the west side?

Where at on the east side? I work out at Lifetime Fitness on Warner between Gilbert and Lindsey. Its by far the nicest place I have ever worked out at in terms of the people, cleansliness, and upkeep of the equipment. Its more of a young professional type of crowd although there is a little bit of everything there; but overall very friendly.

Thanks bro.

That place is a bit too far for me though. 33mi away. Are there any other places in the area you'd recommend?

Do it once and I promise you it's going to be worth it.

Do it once and I promise you it's going to be worth it.

I heard Freedom Fitness is head and shoulders above the rest as well. High end equipment and qualified trainers.

If you like 24 hr gym access and lot's of hot mormon milfs Lifetime is a good deal as long as you don't mind paying a bit more.

The East Side's roid head gym is Gold's on Gilbert/Baseline if you wanna train where there's a decent amount of local/national bodybuilding/figure competitors. I wouldn't join there on a contract though-Rumor is it may be closing down, but who knows???

If you're looking for a multi club access kinda deal LA Fitness has $24/month, no contract deal if you can talk down the normal membership price with a sales manager.

There's also Fitnessworks-which is great if you're a core ball and tension band kinda guy. lol Same goes for Pure Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness-which ironically closes at 11pm. WTF?

Thanks for all replies guys! I'm definitely going to check out Freedom Fitness, Golds, and Pure Fitness and decide from there.

I love freedom. Great equipment, and an even better atmosphere.

Good to know..im moving out to AZ after the summer

Still around...very low key and a great place to train!!!

Its been a few years since I was in the area but if they are still around **broken link removed** was a very good little powerlifting facility.

Pure fitness blows! It reminds me of my days in high school. I did a combat training class there once and the owner like begged me to sign up. He gave me a free month. I didnt even sign up and a trainer started trying to sell me training. Then right before I left he asked me questions about bodybuilding :eek:
LA fitness is where all the "tough guys" 160lbs on roids go.
If you're on the east side I would recommend the 24hr on the 202n. Its new and I heard there was some nice eye candy there. The dumbells only go up to 125 though.

As for Lifetime yes its the bomb but I dont see the point in paying the extra doh just to have granite countertops.

I promise im not being negative its just ive been to alot. I need to check out freedom fitness. I dont live too far from it. Free pass anyone?

just go to the smallest place with less equipmemt and you will be fine, who wants to train at a LA fitness. Alot of pussies around here.

Im on the on the asu campus at mill and university. freedom fitness is 64 miles roundtrip. im leaning towards the lifetime in tempe. the planet fitness by me only has dbs up to 80s (wtf) and LA Fitness seems like a gym in a mall. i was at Quads in chicago (which i recommend to anyone in chi), but i dont think im going to find anything like that

Last edited:
Im on the on the asu campus at mill and university. freedom fitness is 64 miles roundtrip. im leaning towards the lifetime in tempe. the planet fitness by me only has dbs up to 80s (wtf) and LA Fitness seems like a gym in a mall. i was at Quads in chicago (which i recommend to anyone in chi), but i dont think im going to find anything like that

Not to cast dispersions on your area of town, but you get a pretty serious bro-fest at any gym close to campus. You know ... the "bro gym uniform" Beatr n' bball shorts, taking up a bench to sit on while he talkes on his cell phone, and when he finally lays down to do his 225, it is just as much an upright row for his "Bro" and it is a bench press for him.
*Whew* sorry, had to get that out.

Gold’s is a perennial favorite in the Bodybuilding Community. However, neither of the remaining Gold’s are exactly close to you either. If I were you, I would almost go with proximity over equipment or "hardcore" atmosphere. Join somewhere you know you will go every day ... well almost.
And yea ... Freedom is as awesome as they make it sound. PM me if you want a pass. Or just show up and they are REALLY cool about letting you try the place out.

my 2 business partners and i are opening a new anytime fitness in scottsdale! early 2010! we will have the best equipment and the best trainers (trust me on this one). i wont name name's but our members will be very happy with who they have to choose from when it comes to PT and nutritional advice...it wont be a rinky dink anytime fitness like some of them that opened up around there.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131