over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best post workout protein?!

ya gaspari's intrapro is the bet tasting Protien period!! I'm using professional suplemements diamond whey right now for post workout. it taste pretty good 30grams a scoop. no fat or carbs.

I have been using Syntha 6 as my primary post protein, but am tiring of it...Anything better?!
I have to say this. Does it really matter as long as you are getting in some pro's and carbs. Jesus i think people are starting to go overboard with all this shit.

Look back at the 70's and the bodybuilders. Although I was more into it for size and strength, we didn't have all this crap they have now. Hey take a look a Reg Park, Frank Zane, Arnold. Were these guys impressive or not? Do you think they went around wondering what type of fucking protein they were going to have after training? Fuck no they just ate some protein IE: EGGS, STEAK, CHICKEN......ECT, ECT, ECT.

Attachments

• Reg Park.jpg
    Reg Park.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 284
  • FrankZane2.jpg
    FrankZane2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 328
  • arnold.jpg
    arnold.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
I have to say this. Does it really matter as long as you are getting in some pro's and carbs. Jesus i think people are starting to go overboard with all this shit.

Look back at the 70's and the bodybuilders. Although I was more into it for size and strength, we didn't have all this crap they have now. Hey take a look a Reg Park, Frank Zane, Arnold. Were these guys impressive or not? Do you think they went around wondering what type of fucking protein they were going to have after training? Fuck no they just ate some protein IE: EGGS, STEAK, CHICKEN......ECT, ECT, ECT.

Love this post!....that is so damn true guys back in the day just fuckin ate quality food....I do believe there is huge benefit to some whey isolate and fast acting carbs pwo but don't overthink it.

True. But if there are quality options out there that taste and work better, why not utilize em? Smarter, not harder!!

True. But if there are quality options out there that taste and work better, why not utilize em? Smarter, not harder!!

what in your opinion "works better" ??

there is a lot of debate about sources of protein and really if their digestibility makes ANY difference at all. i guarantee if you went one month eating whey PWO then 2 months steak or chicken PWO you wouldn't be able to notice any difference.

what in your opinion "works better" ??

there is a lot of debate about sources of protein and really if their digestibility makes ANY difference at all. i guarantee if you went one month eating whey PWO then 2 months steak or chicken PWO you wouldn't be able to notice any difference.

First you say there is alot of debate, then you say you can guarantee me. Huh?? First off, there is NO guarantee in this sport that anything will work better for every person. Then you want to compare 1 month of whey to 2 months whole food.atleast make it even. As for why a shake is better for me, it's a 2 year old and 7 week old twins.

trueprotein's whey isolate ion exchange.

Just curious... those voting for whey all seem to be suggesting an isolate.. why this vs. concentrate, hydroslate, etc.

First you say there is alot of debate, then you say you can guarantee me. Huh?? First off, there is NO guarantee in this sport that anything will work better for every person. Then you want to compare 1 month of whey to 2 months whole food.atleast make it even. As for why a shake is better for me, it's a 2 year old and 7 week old twins.

hahaha Oook. when i said there is a lot of debate i meant it is a controversial and a debated topic. and change the experiment to 2 months to 2 months then. Be the guinea pig and let us know how it goes. Guys grew fine without the introduction of whey protein and still grow fine now. Show me someone who once they added whey protein to their regimin BLEW UP. Im not saying whey protein is inferior and doesn't have a place, i'm just saying that as long as you are getting the protein in, you will be fine.

Ronnie Coleman ate a full meal PWO. So did Arnold.

Last edited:
hahaha Oook. when i said there is a lot of debate i meant it is a controversial and a debated topic. and change the experiment to 2 months to 2 months then. Be the guinea pig and let us know how it goes. Guys grew fine without the introduction of whey protein and still grow fine now. Show me someone who once they added whey protein to their regimin BLEW UP. Im not saying whey protein is inferior and doesn't have a place, i'm just saying that as long as you are getting the protein in, you will be fine.

Ronnie Coleman ate a full meal PWO. So did Arnold.

This is what I think as well. It really comes down to a matter of convenience and getting your macros in.

IMO, It's along the same lines as post workout carbs. I have never really noticed a difference in my results whether I used something quick like Dextrose..or just plain old steel cut oats right after a workout.

Now I don't use anything other than BCAA's through my workout, and some more BCAA's sipped on later until I get my first meal in which is sometimes 2-3 hours later.
Granted I am on light supplements, but I am continuing to lean up while my weight rarely fluctuates. And my workouts are going just as good as ever.

I still use Team Skip with LBA's when I need to get another meal in, and don't have time to cook or want something different.

Last edited:
Just curious... those voting for whey all seem to be suggesting an isolate.. why this vs. concentrate, hydroslate, etc.
Lactose is junk.

Concentrate = Lactose

Isolate = No lactose

JMO but i think if a person ate a 16oz steak and a bake potato pwo, he wouldn't see any difference between the mentioned and Whey/Dextrose or what ever carb you decide on. I know what would taste better going down my throat.

Where's that 1lb NY STEAK?

Bump! My thoughts exactly.

Personally, post-workout, and only if I'm on a serious roll and looking for convenience, some type of hydrolyzed casein or casein blend, raw milk and some starch. I've never done well on any type of whey.

Last edited:
I just can't eat right away after lifting for 45 minutes. Not even protein powder sounds good. Like a broken record, it's always handfuls of amino tabs for me.

I may take a few minutes to catch my breath if it was squats or deads day so I don't choke on the little fackers again, but yeah it's amino tabs right after training. I wouldn't do it any other way.

I was always really exhausted after training, and i hate the taste of protien shakes. If your just tired of the particular shake your using try this, its delicious. 6 tbsp choc LBA poured over 2 banana's cut up in a cup, 8 oz chicken, 1 cup white rice. Obviously the banana thing is dessert. ever since i started using that PWO i feel fantastic and the best part is you get a meal+dessert after busting your ass in the gym.

Man if you can get some True Protein's LBA's , mix 3 ounces of vanilla with 12oz raw milk and it taste like drinking melted vanilla icecream !!

43g-protein , 18g-Carbs , 18g-Fat

Sounds delicious! :eek:

Hell yeah! You said it. It is ridiculous these days. People worried about what to eat and at what time. "what happens if I miss the window of opportunity after I train?" !!! I still say just eat a good meal when you get home from the gym. Eggs, chicken, or beef for me.

Bump! My thoughts exactly.

Personally, post-workout, and only if I'm on a serious roll and looking for convenience, some type of hydrolyzed casein or casein blend, raw milk and some starch. I've never done well on any type of whey.

Yeah. If youre short on time for some reason and dont have time to eat a real meal then go for a whey shake. Even when I was using LBAs, I still relied on a good meal PWO and used the LBAs for inbetween meals.

I got a ton of isopure for around 70% off retail...I don't know if it's superior to other types of whey but I don't get bloated so I stick with it.

I'm a big fan of the isopure my self after work out and in between meals my fave

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear