over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

best protein pwo

You're living in the 90's, do you still eat every 2 hours on the dot too? That does nothing for metabolism either, just so you know :D

Ha ha ha ha, says the 'Golden Era Bodybuilding Guru.' I guess the golden era just move into the 21st century, eh?

Last edited:
Ha ha ha ha, says the 'Golden Era Bodybuilding Guru.'

The golden era had no DOGMA, they didn't rush home to chug WHEY shakes and eat every 2 hours in fear of going catabolic.

I like you, and you are SPOT ON about mostly everything, but you're wrong here, open your mind.

Now how about 35% MyoFUEL??! :cool::D

I don't know about you but I ain't even thinking about food for at least 45 minutes after training, especially after training thighs or back. I'd be wasting a perfect window of growth by not using aminos during this time.

**broken link removed**

Why not actually explain where the study went wrong? Here's another
Muscle performance, size, and safety re - PubMed Mobile

Let's actually make our next response somewhat useful.
Welp, you convinced me. I'm going to do exactly what they did in that study.

It's got to be better than the year of trial and error I subjected myself through to arrive at what works best for myself and everybody I know that does likewise. Now I just sound like a broken record.

Studies are to be taken with a grain of salt unless you were actually subjected to them. I took the same approach to my own soon-to-be advices before accepting them.

Why not actually explain where the study went wrong? Here's another
Muscle performance, size, and safety re - PubMed Mobile

Let's actually make our next response somewhat useful.

I'll give you this, taking performance supplements are really no better than not taking them and just eating plenty of food if you are not training balls-to-the-wall. If you're training hard day in and day out then they do offer an advantage. If you train like Ross on the leg press then save your money.

I've done just about every post workout formula/timing protocol etc you can think of...in the end none of it made any difference. So now I just tend to eat what taste best which usually ends up being a big fat steak.

and now the phase where every single thread on PM turns into hijack.

soften by the 30% discount in every post..

Nice

I agree...This is going to get annoy really fast!

Looks like we are starting to get too many spamming sponsors here...IMO, it's shady business with bullshit agendas:rolleyes:

Timing does not matter. There is nothing special about whey post workout.
Whey protein before and during resistan - PubMed Mobile

He brings up mixed macros because it changes the digestion rate of protein completely, further slowing it down.

Umm just from the abstract: " CONCLUSION: The ingestion of whey protein immediately before the start of exercise and again after each training set has no effect on muscle mass and strength in untrained young adults. "

there is a big AND in there I suggest using more relevant studies next time

For your reading pleasure: **broken link removed**

"The researchers concluded that muscle metabolism after exercise can be manipulated via dietary means. In terms of the most beneficial timing of protein intake, immediate postexercise consumption appears to be best. Furthermore, leucine may play an especially important role in stimulating muscle growth in the postactivity recovery period."

And I am aware of mixed macros, the point was where the amino acids are coming from, not what is ingested with them

Last edited:
Umm just from the abstract: " CONCLUSION: The ingestion of whey protein immediately before the start of exercise and again after each training set has no effect on muscle mass and strength in untrained young adults. "

there is a big AND in there I suggest using more relevant studies next time

For your reading pleasure: **broken link removed**

"The researchers concluded that muscle metabolism after exercise can be manipulated via dietary means. In terms of the most beneficial timing of protein intake, immediate postexercise consumption appears to be best. Furthermore, leucine may play an especially important role in stimulating muscle growth in the postactivity recovery period."

And I am aware of mixed macros, the point was where the amino acids are coming from, not what is ingested with them

Good post. A point that I was making about mixed macros wasn't only about digestion, CONSUMING FATS with your protein (leucine) will increase protein synthesis MORE than consuming just protein (amino acids) alone. EPA has this effect as does CLA. EPA also increases post calorie meal expenditure. Maximizing protein synthesis is accomplished by eating a meal.

OR, you could make a shake with micronutrient dense sources of protein carbs and fat

Good post. A point that I was making about mixed macros wasn't only about digestion, CONSUMING FATS with your protein (leucine) will increase protein synthesis MORE than consuming just protein (amino acids) alone. EPA has this effect as does CLA. EPA also increases post calorie meal expenditure. Maximizing protein synthesis is accomplished by eating a meal.

OR, you could make a shake with micronutrient dense sources of protein carbs and fat

I find that interesting and did not know this... some reading material on the subject for those that want continue learning

JISSN | Full text | Effects of supplemental fish oil on resting metabolic rate, body composition, and salivary cortisol in healthy adults

Dietary omega-3 fatty acid supplementation in... [Am J Clin Nutr. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

However, we know that fat hinders the insulogenic response, and we know the value of insulin in bodybuilding, so I question what be more beneficial the increased protein synthetic response from the mixed macro meal WITH fats or leaving fats out and taking advantage of Protein/carb meal which would have a greater insulogenic response than the meal with fat... I don't know if their is a true answer and I guess it would be up to the individual to determine which approach works best

These days I don't worry about any of this whey protein high gh carb stuff. Just have a normal meal of chicken brown rice veg and Bannana she as ask my other meals. Hasn't held me back in the slightest. In fact best progress ever. On paper I'd say pepto pro probably the best but in real life I feel no benefit at all. Lots of good clean food and you grow regardless

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

These days I don't worry about any of this whey protein high gh carb stuff. Just have a normal meal of chicken brown rice veg and Bannana she as ask my other meals. Hasn't held me back in the slightest. In fact best progress ever. On paper I'd say pepto pro probably the best but in real life I feel no benefit at all. Lots of good clean food and you grow regardless

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Do you use an intra workout drink?

I found that using an intra workout recovery drink has had a postive effect of my physique and with an intra-wokout drink it doesn't matter what the protein and carb source are PWO, the results tend to be the same. However, I feel much more satiated with some stir fry with lean beef or chicken and jasmine rice...

I find that interesting and did not know this... some reading material on the subject for those that want continue learning

JISSN | Full text | Effects of supplemental fish oil on resting metabolic rate, body composition, and salivary cortisol in healthy adults

Dietary omega-3 fatty acid supplementation in... [Am J Clin Nutr. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

However, we know that fat hinders the insulogenic response, and we know the value of insulin in bodybuilding, so I question what be more beneficial the increased protein synthetic response from the mixed macro meal WITH fats or leaving fats out and taking advantage of Protein/carb meal which would have a greater insulogenic response than the meal with fat... I don't know if their is a true answer and I guess it would be up to the individual to determine which approach works best

WHOLE MILK increased protein synthesis 2.8 TIMES MORE than skim, so the fat issue is just another myth, in the presence of carbs and proteins which are insulogenic. Certain fats are too, CLA is one of them. But I agree and see what you're saying about a GENERALIZED approach. ;)

WHOLE MILK increased protein synthesis 2.8 TIMES MORE than skim, so the fat issue is just another myth, in the presence of carbs and proteins which are insulogenic. Certain fats are too, CLA is one of them. But I agree and see what you're saying about a GENERALIZED approach. ;)

I've actually seen contradicting studies about CLA. IMO, I do not think a clear conclusion can be made about its effect on insulin.

Says CLA has adverse effect on insulin sensitivity: Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation, ins... [Am J Clin Nutr. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Says insulin sensitivity is increased is with CLA supplementation: Conjugated linoleic acid improves insul... [Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

So IMO, the jury is out..but we know CLA has other benefits

But I do concur with you on fat and the protein synthetics response

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner