over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best sleep / recovery aid

Not to be contrarian - all of these modalities are relatively useless (in my personal opinion) without a good sleep hygiene program that you initiate.

You need something to monitor your sleep so you can diagnose exactly where your issues therein lay. High RHR? Frequent waking/movement? Low CNS recovery?

5 hours of truly restorative sleep for me is worth more than 8 hours of so/so sleep.

9pm my alarm goes off and I start my pre bed process. 10mg melatonin + magnesium supplement. I don’t eat more than 50 grams of carbs after 8:30pm and all electronic devices are off at 9:30.

No caffeine taken after 4pm

Various other things as well

A good schedule has helped me substantially

Not to be contrarian - all of these modalities are relatively useless (in my personal opinion) without a good sleep hygiene program that you initiate.

You need something to monitor your sleep so you can diagnose exactly where your issues therein lay. High RHR? Frequent waking/movement? Low CNS recovery?

5 hours of truly restorative sleep for me is worth more than 8 hours of so/so sleep.

9pm my alarm goes off and I start my pre bed process. 10mg melatonin + magnesium supplement. I don’t eat more than 50 grams of carbs after 8:30pm and all electronic devices are off at 9:30.

No caffeine taken after 4pm

Various other things as well

A good schedule has helped me substantially
Its a must that I take magnesium prior to sleep. I can feel it's relaxation effects within 30mins.
I also take l-theanine as well.
All taken religiously.
I find melatonin puts me in depressed state the next day or so..

I use 5-10mg of CNB gummies, not enough to get high, just enough to help me sleep. Pair that with a bit of melatonin and my sleep has never been better, which in turn has led to better recovery and productivity.

I use 5-10mg of CNB gummies, not enough to get high, just enough to help me sleep. Pair that with a bit of melatonin and my sleep has never been better, which in turn has led to better recovery and productivity.
CBN?

Its a must that I take magnesium prior to sleep. I can feel it's relaxation effects within 30mins.
I also take l-theanine as well.
All taken religiously.
I find melatonin puts me in depressed state the next day or so..
Hey hey! Hope you are having an epic day mate. Have you tried various types of melatonin? I’ve seen the studies showing long term utilization can illicit depression like symptoms, fortunately none of that here.

You have a sleep program?

Since starting on GH my sleep which prior to this was abominable has improved 1000%, as I've got bipolar and sleep apnoea it was extremely erratic. I also find waking up is easier and my energy levels are massively increased.

10 mg melatonin gummy and no caffeine past the early afternoon hours for me.

Wearing a cpap has given me the best sleep I’ve had in years

also one of my fav go to's. The only issue is I already wakeup and sleep eat. I wish I could find one that didnt make me eat. They all do especially any from the GSC family.
Same issue. Edibles make me sleep like a champ but I sleep eat n it destroys my diet. I’m desperately lookin for a solution

Sleep has always been one of my biggest problems. Never been a good sleeper. Xanax helped but I feel tired the whole next day. Melatonin works for a day or two and that's about it. L-Theanine helped a little but as I gotten older now I'm up pissing every two hours. I sleep good for a few hours and wake up to go to the bathroom.
Ive actually been trying sound frequencies for sleep the past several weeks which has helped but now I'm having crazy ass dreams. Just can't seem to find the right solution.

Sleep has always been one of my biggest problems. Never been a good sleeper. Xanax helped but I feel tired the whole next day. Melatonin works for a day or two and that's about it. L-Theanine helped a little but as I gotten older now I'm up pissing every two hours. I sleep good for a few hours and wake up to go to the bathroom.
Ive actually been trying sound frequencies for sleep the past several weeks which has helped but now I'm having crazy ass dreams. Just can't seem to find the right solution.
For pissing frequency look at ashwaghanda. When I used to get up a few times at night I noticed upon taking ashwaghanda pissing was reduced to just one time. Now I don't even get up at night. And I'm taking 500mg mast and 500mg DHB. Two usual suspects that cause increased urination. Not happening with me this run.
I'm experimenting with taking 20mg micrononuzed DHEA to backfill those upstream hormones.

Honestly, my best sleep is on a benzo, usually xanax, valium or klonopin. But they are to be used sparingly. Maybe once a week or a couple times a month.

I don't have anything else. I have insomnia and NOTHING else I've tried holds a candle to those 3. Apart from dabs and shots. But for good quality sleep, yeah. I wish other stuff worked but I haven't found it yet. Hopefully something good comes out soon.

Honestly, my best sleep is on a benzo, usually xanax, valium or klonopin. But they are to be used sparingly. Maybe once a week or a couple times a month.

I don't have anything else. I have insomnia and NOTHING else I've tried holds a candle to those 3. Apart from dabs and shots. But for good quality sleep, yeah. I wish other stuff worked but I haven't found it yet. Hopefully something good comes out soon.
hate to say it but yup...I'm prescribed kpins for anxiety, remeron helps sleep as well....take that with an otc sleep aid like melatonin or benadryl (diphenhydramine)....if I have to, I'll pop a zan. I never liked weed..weed actually GIVES me anxiety... Gotta do what you gotta do..

hate to say it but yup...I'm prescribed kpins for anxiety, remeron helps sleep as well....take that with an otc sleep aid like melatonin or benadryl (diphenhydramine)....if I have to, I'll pop a zan. I never liked weed..weed actually GIVES me anxiety... Gotta do what you gotta do..
I dont smoke. My family does who live in a different state where it's legal. And when I visit them and my brother and me dab, I do sleep good, but that's not something I can do where I am frequently.

Unfortunately it seems like us Insomniacs just have it rough. Get addicted to benzos, get shit thats makes you so groggy the next day you're useless or hokusppkus bs that never really helps.

Not much we can do lol. I really hope they get a benzo like aid that doesn't cause dependence.

I dont smoke. My family does who live in a different state where it's legal. And when I visit them and my brother and me dab, I do sleep good, but that's not something I can do where I am frequently.

Unfortunately it seems like us Insomniacs just have it rough. Get addicted to benzos, get shit thats makes you so groggy the next day you're useless or hokusppkus bs that never really helps.

Not much we can do lol. I really hope they get a benzo like aid that doesn't cause dependence.
it is what it is bro....klonopin is OK long term as it's half life is way longer so you don't have to re-dose it. 0.5-2mg /day... where you run into problems is when you start abusing it (any benzo), and then run out..then ya..you're fucked. Benzo withdrawal is one of the worst things, I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. And if you're worried about grogginess, try modafinil (or adderall, but that's even worse). But ya, not a path you wanna go down, but you do what you have to make it through the day and be functional/productive.

Melatonin, sleep hygiene, routine, dark cool room, naps to catch up, and pills is the nuclear option.

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner