over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best supplements for kidney health

BigDane

Registered
Any recommendations on supplements to take for healthy kidneys?

Had a recent blood test done and my creatinine and estimated GFR came back ever so slightly elevated. I was told by my doctor that this was because of my increased muscle mass, the fact that I work out hard and ingest more protein than the regular person.

Regardless of the fact he told me that my levels are OK I'd still like to start supplementing something to keep my kidneys healthy.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I sure don't have any ideas but this is something I have an extreme interest in. Seems like alot of bro-science for the organ specifically which I find strange.

BigMike295 told me to take cranberry extract for my kidneys.

High creatinine is normal for a bodybuilder, or any other active individual really.

By far the best thing anyone can do for kidney health is KEEP YOUR BP IN NORMAL RANGE! That can't be emphasised enough.

High creatinine is normal for a bodybuilder, or any other active individual really.

By far the best thing anyone can do for kidney health is KEEP YOUR BP IN NORMAL RANGE! That can't be emphasised enough.

Very true. Good idea to buy a personal monitor and check regularly.
Lots of water too.

Been doing a bit of research. I take Liv52 by Himalaya and swear by it. They also make punarnava. Apparently for kidney function:

**broken link removed**

adequate water intake and BP under control. Cranberrry juice is suppose to help with urinary tract infections.

keep weight in check, dont get over 10%, keep BP in check, watch sodium. supplements are a scam, a very few work and what they do to help is minimal. no need to have a cabinet full of pills i doubt anything actually helps kidney function. maybe q10 for heart and red yeast rice and some niacin, but for kidneys i doubt anything actually helps.

I know a few guys that swear by Sesamin oil. I used to take it in the past just for health reasons, but I truly benefits the body. I have looked for research on this and it's lacking in human studies.

Drinking one glass a day of "real" cranberry juice is good for you all over. Its hard to find 100% cranberry though so look at your lables. It should be $7-12 quart for the good stuff. The same company that makes Liv52 makes a product for the whole urinary tract. I think its called UriCare.

keep weight in check, dont get over 10%, keep BP in check, watch sodium. supplements are a scam, a very few work and what they do to help is minimal. no need to have a cabinet full of pills i doubt anything actually helps kidney function. maybe q10 for heart and red yeast rice and some niacin, but for kidneys i doubt anything actually helps.

Red yeast rice has been stripped of all its natural statins per the government, so red yeast rice is one of those scam supplements.

Remember this

Absofuckinglutely nothing can prevent kidney damage if you are a bodybuilder on steroids..........nothing..........not cranberry juiuce...........not liv52...........not........anything.........

Any recommendations on supplements to take for healthy kidneys?

Had a recent blood test done and my creatinine and estimated GFR came back ever so slightly elevated. I was told by my doctor that this was because of my increased muscle mass, the fact that I work out hard and ingest more protein than the regular person.

Regardless of the fact he told me that my levels are OK I'd still like to start supplementing something to keep my kidneys healthy.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Drinking a ton of water will help you more than anything. Keep them flushed.

Drinking a ton of water will help you more than anything. Keep them flushed.

This.

Water & watching BP are the best things for your kidneys.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Absofuckinglutely nothing can prevent kidney damage if you are a bodybuilder on steroids..........nothing..........not cranberry juiuce...........not liv52...........not........anything.........

Maybe nothing can prevent it totally but there are definitely certain precautions and supplements one can take to minimize and slow down the damage. Something is much better than nothing.

If you are a bodybuilder or workout often and your creatinine levels are a little elevated your fine. However, if you don't workout and your creatinine levels are high then I would be worried. Here is a good article that explains this.

Bodybuilding.com - A Letter To Parents Concerned About Their Teenager's Protein Intake.

Basically this. I high protein diet(depending on how high) is not bad at all for the kidneys unless you have other underlying conditions. Of all the organs in the body, the kidneys are probably one of best at compensating.

when my mother was fighting that horrible fucking thing called CANCER...she was on a lot of meds., sometimes as many as 30 pills per day! i asked her internist about cranberry juice or extract, she told me that neither will do anything for the kidneys! she said that cranberry has a slight diuretic effect, so you will flush your kidneys a little bit more, but other than that, it offers no benefit. i also spoke to her oncologist, and to a pharmacist...they both pretty much agreed with what the internist told me. as stated the best way to keep your kidneys healthy is to maintain your bp as normal as possible. CJ

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131