over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best supplements for kidney health

Yes

when my mother was fighting that horrible fucking thing called CANCER...she was on a lot of meds., sometimes as many as 30 pills per day! i asked her internist about cranberry juice or extract, she told me that neither will do anything for the kidneys! she said that cranberry has a slight diuretic effect, so you will flush your kidneys a little bit more, but other than that, it offers no benefit. i also spoke to her oncologist, and to a pharmacist...they both pretty much agreed with what the internist told me. as stated the best way to keep your kidneys healthy is to maintain your bp as normal as possible. CJ

Keep your blood pressure down and your body mass down........avoid high sodium foods, high phosphorous foods......home made brews with too much BA........drink water when thirsty.....small meals with low protein............thats ONLY if you want to live a long time..........if not, then go for it!!

Wait a minute

Maybe nothing can prevent it totally but there are definitely certain precautions and supplements one can take to minimize and slow down the damage. Something is much better than nothing.

I am confused.........I thought you ASKED the question originally????

Interesting read... Emeric has always advocated silymarin via that one product but
Can't think of name..

Absofuckinglutely nothing can prevent kidney damage if you are a bodybuilder on steroids..........nothing..........not cranberry juiuce...........not liv52...........not........anything.........

So how are your kidneys doing? I assume that you were taking a lot of steroids and consuming tons of proteins on your "time"..or was it the opposite, just wondering cause you said nothing can prevent kidney damage with the above mentioned "utilities"...thanx

Yes

So how are your kidneys doing? I assume that you were taking a lot of steroids and consuming tons of proteins on your "time"..or was it the opposite, just wondering cause you said nothing can prevent kidney damage with the above mentioned "utilities"...thanx

I have kidney damage.......everyone that takes steroids and has a lot more muscle than they genetically should carry has kidney damage.......I dont just say things because it sounds nice.......believe me, its not nice.

I have kidney damage.......everyone that takes steroids and has a lot more muscle than they genetically should carry has kidney damage.......I dont just say things because it sounds nice.......believe me, its not nice.

hmmm..thanks for sharing, this makes me think and reconsider my AAS use again, most of the people are concerned about their liver...but kidneys are the organs to think about it, liver is such great organ that can renew itself so easily unfortunately it's not the same thing with our kidneys!

When you say you have kidney damage, what do you mean? Will you end up on dialysis? I'm just curious because my father is on dialysis and it is not pretty. What are the consequences of kidney damage other then ending up on dialysis?

Well

When you say you have kidney damage, what do you mean? Will you end up on dialysis? I'm just curious because my father is on dialysis and it is not pretty. What are the consequences of kidney damage other then ending up on dialysis?

Well. I am at 84 GFR. We lose about 8 points a decade. Kidney failure is at about 15. I will need dialysis around the age of 114. My goal was to live to 120 so it's kind of a bummer

drinking alot of water should help, and keeping supplements like creatin on a minimum..

Kidney damage can only be slowed not reversed. Blood pressure is the main thing that will finish them off. With kidneys you can have no symptoms until they have failed. My gfr is around 68. However I have had a biopsy and internally they were far worse than that. Half of all my filters were damaged beyond repair and all the others had heavy damage.
And having bad kidneys increases most heart health factors such so can be a double whammy.
Was it steroids that caused it, no its a genetic condition but they have certainly made it worse as has the high protein, heavy weights and extra body weight.

Was it steroids that caused it, no its a genetic condition but they have certainly made it worse as has the high protein, heavy weights and extra body weight.

Sorry to hear that, sincerely hope you do well... On another note there is nothing I like more than destroying a few ribeyes just like any other MAN. But on another note can't we still get our aminos by cutting back on whole food protein and whey by using stuff like Humapro, Hydrolyzed whey/casein, EAA's etc?

Are there certain signs or symptoms that are indicative of kidney damage? Is there a blood test?

Are there certain signs or symptoms that are indicative of kidney damage? Is there a blood test?

symptoms? not unless they are about to shut down i assume.

blood work and urine tests can be ordered by your doc to check kidney function and if they are out of whack they send you to a nephrologist, i had to make an appt with one because my protein levels are 477 and the normal range is like 80-300. i have no symptoms of anything, BP is good now but wasn't for a while

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131