Best time for offseason cardio?

Best time for offseason cardio?

• Total voters
I think / agree that fasted AM is the optimal time for fatloss

That's not my goal in the offseason, however

Rather I am trying to stay healthy and stimulate my appetite

Since I don't need to 'optimize' I'd rather make it easy, so postWO

Just my $.02

Post workout makes no sence, Spending an hour engorging your tarket muscles with blood and nutrients just to have all that blood rush out into your legs.
I like keeping the blood in the muscle as long as possible. I wont even shower few a few hours as the hot water does the same.

Besides lifting hard and the sauna once a week, Sex is my only cardio offseason. Keep all surplus cals for growing.

The truth is it depends what type of cardio. If you do HIIT like you should be doing, post workout or when you're not fasted is best. Otherwise, fasted cardio.

Off season I'm focused on bringing up my legs, so I lay off the cardio 36-48 hours before training them.

I prefer fasted cardio just because it's how I like to start my day. Although I get equal results in much less time doing HIIT post workout.

I just like to wake up and get it done before my son wakes up and my day really starts. Also that way I hit the weights at night and I get two spikes in activity per day.

I will admit it kind of hampers leg growth but at this stage I'm more concerned with maintaining good body fat levels than that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I prefer fasted cardio year around. For me personally, it wakes me up for 7am classes and gives me a 'sense of accomplishment' to start my day. Kinda dumb but whatever.

I throw on some podcast, espn mike & mike or youtube and 30 mins is over before i know it.

for offseason it doesnt matter, all that matters is get some in, on your time schedule. can be first thing in morning, can be postworkout, can be on off days....

Regardless of off season/precontest/HIIT/ steady state always in the morning fasted before meal 1.

If your nutrition, recovery, and supplementation are on point you will NOT lose muscle doing it fasted. And yes that includes HIIT.

for offseason it doesnt matter, all that matters is get some in, on your time schedule. can be first thing in morning, can be postworkout, can be on off days....

This. Offseason, doesn't matter. Really cals in, cals out so it doesn't matter holding nutrition the same.

I've always noticed less from fasted cardio though than an equal amount of non fasted. Definitely feel like non-fasted has a better metabolism boost.

None... your goal is to build muscle in the off-season why would you add in cardio if you could just eat less to stay leaner.

If it's your off-day use that day for recovery and Jordan Peters stated many times by adding in cardio in the off-season it can be detrimental to your leg-growth.

Personally if i stop doing cardio my RHR gets up to 80, and my chest is pounding the entire day even when i'm trying to sleep. Also have trouble doing widowmakers.

I feel its worth the health benefits to throw in 20 mins cardio and i doubt its going to impact growth much. I use a cycle at the lowest resistance so my quads don't do much work.

None... your goal is to build muscle in the off-season why would you add in cardio if you could just eat less to stay leaner.

If it's your off-day use that day for recovery and Jordan Peters stated many times by adding in cardio in the off-season it can be detrimental to your leg-growth.

Overall health- why would you not do it? You'll stay leaner and grow better keeping it in and eating. Cardio raises insulin sensitivity, appetite and expends cals which will be biased to come from fat stores while using AAS and eating extra food will be more likely to be partitioned to muscle growth when on AAS.

Cardio = overall health, more fat loss, more muscle gain

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08