over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best Type 2 Collagen Supplement

heman4u

Registered
I am currently using Now Foods UC-II Type 2 Collagen for joint pain. Thinking of trying a new brand. Has anyone used/know a better product?

I am currently using Now Foods UC-II Type 2 Collagen for joint pain. Thinking of trying a new brand. Has anyone used/know a better product?

Do you notice a difference with using your current product?

I use Great Lakes ... Mixes easy...

EXCELLENT THREAD!
Why use it for joint pains only?
Why not substitute it as you non solid food protein source.
Aside from the benefits associated with joint pains etc... Collagen protein
in my experience give all the benefits of whey and then some, its also better digested.
Again this is my experience.
Great Lakes is 1000 Micro, Very good product.
3000 Micron is my favorite.

Double check but I think Great Lakes' hydro collagen is not type II but rather I and/or III.

True... But if you read their studies they publish it shows how they refer to it as having type 2 benefits ... Dante posted it here a while back.. I'll see if I can find it..

Do you notice a difference with using your current product?

Before this, I have tried all sorts of joint supplements like Glucosamine, MSM, Chondrotin, some ayurvedic products from Himalaya brand etc. Though I got relief when using ut for a while, the pain returned when I stopped it. Then, I read a post on Type 2 collagen by Dante. But, I was not sure which product or dosage to be used. I stopped all other products and simply started using Now Foods UC-II. I am not seeing much of a difference in joint pain. I take one tab pre bed as the label says. As per label It contains 10mg total collagen including undernatured type 2 collagen. I thought of a trying a new brand upon the impression that this dose might be low comparing to other products but not sure. Hope I will get the answer here.

EXCELLENT THREAD!
Why use it for joint pains only?
Why not substitute it as you non solid food protein source.
Aside from the benefits associated with joint pains etc... Collagen protein
in my experience give all the benefits of whey and then some, its also better digested.
Again this is my experience.
Great Lakes is 1000 Micro, Very good product.
3000 Micron is my favorite.

How much do you use per day? So, do you mostly use it as a food source?

How much do you use per day? So, do you mostly use it as a food source?

I essentially use it as my supplemental protein source, very much the same way you would do a whey protein, in shakes..etc.
My personal regimen is I take 2 scoops (right at 70 grams of protein) with my intra/post and 1 or 2 scoops if I was to take a shake a meal replacement.
If you been taking supplemental protein from dairy, give it a try. I won't take but a few servings to notice the difference in digestion. Also you will see several other benefits, primarily from absorption, skin, join, retention . Also noticeable is the regulation of your bowel movement. Give it a shot, its a good tool in your arsenal.

Stuff is so versatile, you can add it to soup, rice, stews or other cooking. When added to white rice it keep the rice nice and moist.

I essentially use it as my supplemental protein source, very much the same way you would do a whey protein, in shakes..etc.
My personal regimen is I take 2 scoops (right at 70 grams of protein) with my intra/post and 1 or 2 scoops if I was to take a shake a meal replacement.
If you been taking supplemental protein from dairy, give it a try. I won't take but a few servings to notice the difference in digestion. Also you will see several other benefits, primarily from absorption, skin, join, retention . Also noticeable is the regulation of your bowel movement. Give it a shot, its a good tool in your arsenal.

Thanks for sharing all of that. Sounds like a really good source. So, do you feel it builds muscle the same way as whey protein does?

You have some during your workout with no digestive issues?

I like all the benefits you listed too. Is this the one you recommend?

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Great-Lake...kM_GuDOc1QnlehtKWYBoCK8wQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Stuff is so versatile, you can add it to soup, rice, stews or other cooking. When added to white rice it keep the rice nice and moist.

You mix it with the white rice once the rice is cooked and served?

It really is not a substitute for Whey/Caseine/EAAs around the workout. Anyone who had a look at the amino acid profile of collagen would know that.

You mix it with the white rice once the rice is cooked and served?

You probably could but the rice would be kinda watery.
I mix the gelatin into water and make a brother and use it in place of water in the rice cooker.

It really is not a substitute for Whey/Caseine/EAAs around the workout. Anyone who had a look at the amino acid profile of collagen would know that.

Jeff, give it a shot, one day. I don't think you will be able to tell the difference except for easier digestion.
Keep in mind, the body does not need to be fed ALL the amino's at ALL times otherwise fish, chicken and meat would not be options.
Thee way the body digests the collagen is efficient.

How long is you workouts?

I do a full body 4x a week, work out is about 120 minutes I take my time and get my lifts in.

120 minutes? How many sets/exercises do you do per body part?

I do a full body 4x a week, work out is about 120 minutes I take my time and get my lifts in.

OK, now I understand why you using intra. I never used intra , but I never worked out 2 hours, my longest workout was 60 minutes max. In 1983 I was making $5 / hour and I had to support my wife and my son, I had days when I eat only 2 times per day and worked out 30 minutes only. See photo my body weight was 175 lbs.

Attachments

• Emeric 1984 001.jpg
    Emeric 1984 001.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 92

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member