over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best way to go about HRT?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Im 26 and used to mess around with AAS and I feel like I never recovered. Always tired, libido problems, alot of signs of low test.

I want to get tested and see if I need HRT but im not sure what the best way to go about it is.....trying to get insurance to cover it if possible.

Should I just go to a primary care doc first and get my blood tests to see what my test is? Will my insurance cover this test? Or should i go to a primary care doctor and get a referral to an endocrinologist or urologist? Or to a HRT doc?:confused:

Get bloods for free tes and epi ratio see whats up then go from there see if you are even low.

You re twenty six and have used aas for how long?

What did you use?

Never did a blood test before?

Do you know what s a PCT?

Why would you want HRT?

For HRT you ll have lot more questions to answer than that^^

started using at 18,,,,cycles but feel i never recovered

did proper pct, nolva, hcg

test, tren, eq, dbol...different cycles over the years

Im 26 and used to mess around with AAS and I feel like I never recovered. Always tired, libido problems, alot of signs of low test.

I want to get tested and see if I need HRT but im not sure what the best way to go about it is.....trying to get insurance to cover it if possible.

Should I just go to a primary care doc first and get my blood tests to see what my test is? Will my insurance cover this test? Or should i go to a primary care doctor and get a referral to an endocrinologist or urologist? Or to a HRT doc?:confused:

I would call your insurance, and see what their policy is with regard to covering the initial test. Many will cover it. Tell your primary doc your symptoms and that you feel strongly about having the test done. Once you have some numbers, go from there. If your interested in HRT, but your levels come back in the low end of the normal range, you may have to find a more progressive doc. Your primary is able to prescribe medication for it I believe, but may want to refer you to an endo or urologist. Rejuvenation docs will gladly write you a script, but it won't be covered by insurance. Just call your insurance before everything you do. Hope this helps.

I just went through this entire process myself :)

1)First speak to your Primary care and ask for a blood test.That is not a problem and insurance NEVER balks at the test.

2) Based on results there are a few scenerios that could happen.
-your levels are within normal range and that is that.
- you are low and your doctor treats you himself
-he referrs you to an endocrinologist who may do more testing or just starts a treatment plan which may include trying to get your body producing test again.

Being 26 is going to make most docs hesitant and possibly try to figure out why you are low(which a good doc should do).
They are taught 30 is usually the age of real decline in levels of hypogonadal men.
I will tell you up front this could be a long process,but be persistent and vocal.In time you will get it all ironed out.But it takes some time.

Don't be surprised at all if you do get treatment and it is low dose gel as that is being taught and considered first line of treatment in this day.

Insurance coverage is different from plan to plan.For example mine covered $ 600.00 a month testim gel but denied $54.00 a month cypionate injections.But that is not a problem as you can find it cheap with your script with a walgreens drug plan or costco or Sams or some compounding pharmacies.

The most important part of HRT is you are legal and getting the neccassary bloodwork to stay healthy.

Last if you get nowhere with all this you may need to contact an HRT clinic which is still legal and will treat you for a hefty price(they do not accept insurance,some give you paperwork to file yourself) until you can get this treatment from your own physician.

I have been on HRT for awhile as well as a lot of others on here.So if you have anymore questions just let us know.

I am in the process of going through this now at 34. I went to see my PCP a bout 4 years ago, I was in the low 300's, two years ago I dropped below 300. Finally I went back and was at 51. He is sending me to a urologist.

as what the others have said above. HRT clinics are popping up everywhere now. Dont take insurance but if its your last resort, then its an option. Try some d-aspartic acid in the meantime...it cant hurt...we put a 40yr old on some + tribestan because he cant afford HRT at the moment and its helped him somewhat.

1)First speak to your Primary care and ask for a blood test.That is not a problem and insurance NEVER balks at the test.

-he referrs you to an endocrinologist who may do more testing or just starts a treatment plan which may include trying to get your body producing test again.

Being 26 is going to make most docs hesitant and possibly try to figure out why you are low(which a good doc should do).
They are taught 30 is usually the age of real decline in levels of hypogonadal men.
I will tell you up front this could be a long process,but be persistent and vocal.In time you will get it all ironed out.But it takes some time.

Don't be surprised at all if you do get treatment and it is low dose gel as that is being taught and considered first line of treatment in this day.

Insurance coverage is different from plan to plan.For example mine covered $ 600.00 a month testim gel but denied $54.00 a month cypionate injections.But that is not a problem as you can find it cheap with your script with a walgreens drug plan or costco or Sams or some compounding pharmacies.

The most important part of HRT is you are legal and getting the neccassary bloodwork to stay healthy.

Last if you get nowhere with all this you may need to contact an HRT clinic which is still legal and will treat you for a hefty price(they do not accept insurance,some give you paperwork to file yourself) until you can get this treatment from your own physician.

I have been on HRT for awhile as well as a lot of others on here.So if you have anymore questions just let us know.

THIS is the best way to go about it.

do you guys know all the questions HRT docs could ask?

Does some of you can post the paper form with questions?

Thank you everyone for the replies, great info.

So if my levels do come back low...and my doctor prescribes me test....a worse case scenario would be that I would have to pay for the test myself (which is about 54$ a month)?

But im guessing if my insurance doesn't cover the test then they will not require the bloodwork that i get either while going through the process? So that may be the most expensive part?

Or do they usually cover all the ongoing blood work (if you need test),,,,,but just not cover the test itself?

Another worry I had about getting insurance to cover HRT...im copy and pasting this post I found on another board through a google search...

I moved from Tn., To Denver Co. So my insurance had to be moved to Denver as well. They told me that that I could switch over my exact same policy without any changes to my policy. I reached the cut off point for my Tn. insurance, called and asked where is my insurance here in Denver?
They said here is your policy, for 1,200$ a month:eek: for you , and your wife. I said in Tn I paid 320$ a month, for both me , and my wife.
They said that I could try to re apply for a better price, but insurance will not cover people with Testosterone problems. I asked why not? he said" due to all the anticipated surgeries, and the cost of the medication". I asked what surgeries? he Said" I am not a doctor, I can not comment on that". This piece of shit is treating me like I am a cancer patient.
Has any one experienced something like this with there insurance?

How often does this happen?? So because he is on HRT,,,when he goes to switch insurance polices (which could happen to any of us due to a new job)...they can change how much we pay for insurance? Or is this just what he would have to pay for HRT if he were going to continue to get his insurance to pay for it?

RIght now I pay about 180 a month for insurance through my job, just for myself. So if I were to switch jobs...and insurance....a new company could see that i use HRT and make jack up my prices for basic health coverage over what a regular employee would have to pay?

Sorry for all the questions, im just an idiot when it comes to insurance and how it works.

Thank you everyone for the replies, great info.

So if my levels do come back low...and my doctor prescribes me test....a worse case scenario would be that I would have to pay for the test myself (which is about 54$ a month)?But im guessing if my insurance doesn't cover the test then they will not require the bloodwork that i get either while going through the process? So that may be the most expensive part?

Or do they usually cover all the ongoing blood work (if you need test),,,,,but just not cover the test itself?

Yes mine covers all bloodwork etc... For some reason my policy won't cover injectables.They covered the gel when I first started HRT no problem which costs more than injectable.:banghead:

Not even $ 54.00 a month for testosterone as that was retail over the counter at Walgreens.Walgreens offers a pharmacy savings plan card that costs $20.00 per year.I pay I think $27.00 per month for Test cypionate 200 mg per week with their card.
Also Costo and Sams pharmacies are considerably cheaper than others.So there are plenty of options if your insurance doesn't cover it.

I had the easiest time in the world, went got my blood test, they said it was too low. Primary then ref'd me to the endo, after a twenty minute chat, she offered me a script for Test cyp. I didn't take it, and I'd rather not discuss why I didn't take it. But she told me to hold on to it just in case "you ever get in trouble". Very cool doc, very cool doc. HMO, too!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws