over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best way to make combat prednisone

powerof2

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Made a post the other day but it was probably to long. At the end I was trying to get advice on how to deal with the nasty sides of prednisone. I might have to be on them for another 2 month. Fat gain and muscles loss. Should I try to bulk/cut/ just really clean eating. Blast a bunch of tren? Up hgh. (6 iu now) Shit I don’t know. I do know after being on for a month I look and feel like shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there, done that about 10 times in the last 20 years. It makes you eat so I suggest bulking. I get some lasix to get water off when on it. Helps a lot with fluid retention

Been there, done that about 10 times in the last 20 years. It makes you eat so I suggest bulking. I get some lasix to get water off when on it. Helps a lot with fluid retention

That’s the strange part. I have zero appetite. How high of a dose were you.

well . . .

Made a post the other day but it was probably to long. At the end I was trying to get advice on how to deal with the nasty sides of prednisone. I might have to be on them for another 2 month. Fat gain and muscles loss. Should I try to bulk/cut/ just really clean eating. Blast a bunch of tren? Up hgh. (6 iu now) Shit I don’t know. I do know after being on for a month I look and feel like shit!

Been on prednisone 3 times. First two times, piece of cake but only
for 10 days. Last time was for ~30 days, pure hell . . . severe anxiety
and severe bloating in the stomach; bloating most noticeable in
evening. Looking in the mirror and seeing a big gut made me want
to cry but it was gone by morning only to reoccur each night.
Problems sleeping too. Really amped up. Sleep meds had zero effect.
Physically I felt good other than those things I mentioned.

I just toughed it out because there was no option, my choice
(won’t go into the details) but in retrospect, regarding the
‘bloat’ I would have been very diligent with my diet (macros)
and I think that would have resolved the boat issue but I am
not 100% sure. I also experienced no loss of appetite but
eating clean is a must in my book. Also, I experienced zero
muscle or strength loss.

Personally, I would not try to resolve your issues with blasting
and AAS or HGH. That could possibly add other issues and you
won’t know what is causing what. A real dilemma. Stay the
course with whatever you are ‘on’ or possibly lower the dosages
so your body has less to deal with. Just my opinion.

Prednisone is a miracle drug but it is not without its side effects,
especially long term usage.

I don’t remember my exact dosages but do remember that it
was considered high when I was on it for a month. Also . . . it
is extremely important to taper off, do not quit cold turkey.
Just follow the directions.

Hope this helps.

Been on prednisone 3 times. First two times, piece of cake but only

for 10 days. Last time was for ~30 days, pure hell . . . severe anxiety

and severe bloating in the stomach; bloating most noticeable in

evening. Looking in the mirror and seeing a big gut made me want

to cry but it was gone by morning only to reoccur each night.

Problems sleeping too. Really amped up. Sleep meds had zero effect.

Physically I felt good other than those things I mentioned.

I just toughed it out because there was no option, my choice

(won’t go into the details) but in retrospect, regarding the

‘bloat’ I would have been very diligent with my diet (macros)

and I think that would have resolved the boat issue but I am

not 100% sure. I also experienced no loss of appetite but

eating clean is a must in my book. Also, I experienced zero

muscle or strength loss.

Personally, I would not try to resolve your issues with blasting

and AAS or HGH. That could possibly add other issues and you

won’t know what is causing what. A real dilemma. Stay the

course with whatever you are ‘on’ or possibly lower the dosages

so your body has less to deal with. Just my opinion.

Prednisone is a miracle drug but it is not without its side effects,

especially long term usage.

I don’t remember my exact dosages but do remember that it

was considered high when I was on it for a month. Also . . . it

is extremely important to taper off, do not quit cold turkey.

Just follow the directions.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your detailed input very insightful

I liked it. I would probably be on it right now if the long term side effects weren’t an issue. I needed it though, and probably still do. I wouldn’t try to fight it too much. Try to use how your body responds to it to your advantage. If you don’t feel like eating, which is usually not the case, then cut, or try to stay on the lean side. Try to find ways to use the lack of inflammation to train differently than you normally would, or could. I don’t know how long you’ve been on it, or at what dose, but is it possible you haven’t gained a ton of fat, or lost a ton of muscle, but simply are retaining water, almost exclusively under the skin and other interstitial places other than the muscles, so it’s making you look soft and smooth and flat, when you’re just really bloated and it’s skewing how you look? A diuretic can work pretty good, but prednisone also causes urinary hesitation and retention, so you don’t always feel like you have to piss as much as you do, and it might be harder to empty your bladder. I was on 250mgs of test and 50mg trest a week, and the prednisone allowed me to feel good enough to train regularly enough, to gain back some muscle and strength I had lost, so obviously we were going into it from different places, so that’s probably the only relevant experience or information I have. I think you know blasting tren, or upping the GH are not good solutions, but I understand the mindset. Good luck.

fighting side is probably only gona make your situation worse.
i prefer any modern plague to most normal medical practices.
avoid them at all cost and if you have to use keep it short deal with the mental part and get back on track after.

What is the reason you need to be on it? I've Heard its horrible for body comp. I'd try and eat at maintenance to limit fat gain, don't want to have to diet when you come off. Muscle memory will help with any muscle loss and a good dose of AAS. Maybe hit the cardio and low volume heavy training. Then up volume, food, aas when done to gain the muscle back.

I forgot, it can raise blood glucose quite a bit by decreasing insulin sensitivity, so drugs to combat that, and actually just taking insulin, if you aren’t already, could help the body comp issues, especially muscle loss. Sometimes this effect will go away during treatment, and it almost always goes away after you’re off the prednisone.

Many years ago I had a bronchial infection and the coughing had my airways so swollen I could barely breathe due to the asthmatic nature of it and I was speeding towards pneumonia. The prednisone may have saved my life so obviously I have a love/hate relationship with it. It's also reduced swelling for many soft tissue injuries, dislocated shoulders, hyperextended knees, patellar injuries. But I never took it for more than two weeks or otherwise long term. At two weeks though, I was really holding a lot of fluid. Disappeared in weeks following d/c prednisone (also prednisolone and methylprednisolone).

I think we almost need to know why you have to take it if we are going to brainstorm about combating the sides. We don't want to recommending something that would do more harm than good depending on the medical situation at hand.

Honestly mate I'd just train hard as you can allow and follow a maintenance diet. Just let your body recover from whatever you are going through, then once you are off it then put all effort in.

I had been on it 80mg for almost 4 months for my autoimmune disorder. Anything you try to do on it is almost like wasted effort. Energy balance is king but this will definetly make you think otherwise. Its not just fat gain its uneven fat distribution with it too (mainly around the abs and face). Insulin sensitivity goes to shit. There are studies done on this (use PubMed). Headwise, you are either depressed or in a rage. Your mind is already fucked atleast let your body be.

Speedy recovery bro!

I would just eat a healthy and well balanced diet when on it. I wouldn't bulk and I would simply maintain but try to stay lean. If you were bulking I would gradually just come down very slowly. Just let it's do it's job and don't try to counteract it's side effects with more AAS. If you were running a decent stack at the start I would even bring your doses down over the next few weeks. All in all just enough drugs and quality food to maintain muscle and not worsen your current side effects. Bulking and adding more drugs will just result in more water retention and feeling even worse. Then when you stop the prednisone carry on the same and let the water drop off and if you're not lean enough come down a little more to prime your body but if you are I would gradually start to increase calories slowly and build up your doses from there.

I just realized someone bumped this thread from 2018. I thought it was a new thread :eek:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear