over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best ways to bring up HDL

I wonder if statins may be counterproductive in some cases. If I remember correctly plague is formed within years or even decades to actually form "solid/hard" plague on the walls of blood vessels. Isn't it counterproductive to speed up the process by a lot? Because that is what my cardiologist told me that statins improve lipids on blood work but increase the rate of forming rockhard plague tremendously. I somehow dont get it. Or I understood that totally wrong when my cardiologist talked about it.

The idea is that a statin will help to "stabilize" the soft plaque. This will prevent a piece from breaking off and having a heart attack or a stroke. This is why you see persons with a zero or low calcium scan score have an incident or someone with no risk factors have a problem.

There is about a 10 year lag for the soft plaque so it will not always be seen on a calcium score scan. A CT angiogram with contrast will pick up the soft and a CIMT will as well.

what would be considered overkill. Some do just krill oil, some do citrus b, and some do cardarine, some swear by rest yeast rice. Some do all. Is doing all overkill? At a certain point all the cholesterol supps kinda overlap and could possibly not need to take multiple?

How would yall rank those for a must have/best results that you have experienced?
For example first time using cardarine and it helps tremendously but im still also taking Citrus B and krill oil. Just wondering if its really neccessary to take a couple different things to target lipid and heart health.

I can’t believe till this day ppl on gear recommending bullshit supplements to treat their LDL/Trig/HDL .. treat chemicals with chemicals..

you’re anti statin because you heard it’s bad for muscle gains?

You want to live longer; get on a statin and control your BP with real pharmaceutical meds, not bullshit unregulated supplements

Not to mention. Statins are 5-10$ for 30 days supply. Supplements 50+ for 30 days

major side affect of statins is muscle joint pain, you can take 200mg of ubiquinol to counter act that as it depletes that in the body.

Studies that i have seen point to higher levels of cholesterol being beneficial for longevity. Such as this one with 12.8 million people as ell as others i have seen over the years. For those that have a heart issue, lowering the risk of heart failure by lowering cholesterol may outweigh the the benefit of higher cholesterol for all cause mortality.

Olive oil. I'm not kidding, if you love olive oil you'll HDL will thank you. I've done it. My docs wanted me on Lipitor, I said fuck no. I started using olive oil with bread or whatever, I love it. My next blood work, shit was fine and they were baffled. Doctors nowadays do not think outside the box. Everything is a fucking script.

Olive oil. I'm not kidding, if you love olive oil you'll HDL will thank you. I've done it. My docs wanted me on Lipitor, I said fuck no. I started using olive oil with bread or whatever, I love it. My next blood work, shit was fine and they were baffled. Doctors nowadays do not think outside the box. Everything is a fucking script.
your correct, but they do that because they have something called standard of care. if they told you do do olive oil and 1 year later your lipids are bad they can get in trouble even though they have malpractice insurance. but if they give a script for lipitor they are doing the standard of care and they have their buts covered.

i know lots of good doctors but people don't listen. not all doctors want to push scripts but they have to for legal reasons.

I love olive oil. Put it on almost everything. Its high in polyphenols, and can slightly raise hdl levels. I take krill oil year around, its just good for you. Followed a pretty strict diet too. It just wasnt enough for me . Doctor called it genetics, who knows maybe its the test and deca year around. Some are just sicker than others. 18 hdl 149 ldl. Lipitor one of the top 10 most essential medications ever invented did it though, 46 hdl 51 ldl now. Wish olive oil worked,it is what is.

Citrus bergamot did raise my hdl from 18 to 21 after 8 weeks. I stopped it though.

I love olive oil. Put it on almost everything. Its high in polyphenols, and can slightly raise hdl levels. I take krill oil year around, its just good for you. Followed a pretty strict diet too. It just wasnt enough for me . Doctor called it genetics, who knows maybe its the test and deca year around. Some are just sicker than others. 18 hdl 149 ldl. Lipitor one of the top 10 most essential medications ever invented did it though, 46 hdl 51 ldl now. Wish olive oil worked,it is what is.

Are the 46 and 51 numbers on a cruise? Do you blast? If so, how are the numbers?

Citrus bergamot did raise my hdl from 18 to 21 after 8 weeks. I stopped it though.
what dose did you use and brand. dante recommends 2 grams split am/pm. i just ordered jarrow brand myself.

The idea is that a statin will help to "stabilize" the soft plaque. This will prevent a piece from breaking off and having a heart attack or a stroke. This is why you see persons with a zero or low calcium scan score have an incident or someone with no risk factors have a problem.

There is about a 10 year lag for the soft plaque so it will not always be seen on a calcium score scan. A CT angiogram with contrast will pick up the soft and a CIMT will as well.
Awesome explanation, thank you.

what dose did you use and brand. dante recommends 2 grams split am/pm. i just ordered jarrow brand myself.
Sir i used naomi italian citris bergamot. On Amazon. 500mg morn noon and night. They are kinda expensive.

Are the 46 and 51 numbers on a cruise? Do you blast? If so, how are the numbers?
Yes they are! No blast anymore im 56. Been 3 years since a blast,i just feel like shit blasting lol. 150mg test e and 100mg of deca year around. Twice a year for 6 weeks i like to do 25mg of anadrol a day, but no where near my blood work.

This is exactly correct. It calcifies the soft plaque. (Preventing bursts, pieces clogging, etc) Many have it wrong, thinking zero calcium is GREAT!!
It is only if there's also zero plaque, but those tests wont show that. I scored a 300 on calcium, I was a bit shocked, not fully. (Family history).
There was a little bit, all over, so it adds up. Doc then sent me in for Nuclear Stress test (dye) I have zero plaque, zero blockages, and 65% ejection fraction, which is tops for my age.
So dont just do the calcium score thinking all is great, get all tests done. MY buddy had low total cholesterol, zero calcium, and almost died from Widow-maker blockage.

Its a tricky game...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420