over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best ways to bring up HDL

JaredLinez

Registered
Newbies
What is everyone here’s method?

I already use basics like fish oil and citrus bergamot. My HDL is always low still.

Has anyone used Cardarine?

A statin?

10-20mg Cardarine gives me a nice HDL bump. I only use it during blasts and keep it in until about 2 weeks after.

No other supps or cardio have increased HDL- only reduced LDL.

Traditionally I have been anti statin but there have been some guys on the board getting good HDL bumps microdosing Crestor at 2.5mg 3x/week. This might be a better alternative for long term use and to also help plaque stabilization.

I'm going to talk to my GP at my upcoming yearly and see if he will script it and give it a run. Then check labs 4-6 weeks into see if it give me an HDL bump. My HDL is normally 40-42 while cruising so it should be pretty easy to see any changes.

I have 4 stents unfortunately. Had a heart attack back in March. Cardiologist put me on 40mg of Lipitor a day. In 6 weeks my cholesterol went from 190 to 98, ldl 149 to 51, hdl 18 to 46 lol. Only sides is every now and then feels like a bee is stinging my finger tips for a split second.

I have 4 stents unfortunately. Had a heart attack back in March. Cardiologist put me on 40mg of Lipitor a day. In 6 weeks my cholesterol went from 190 to 98, ldl 149 to 51, hdl 18 to 46 lol. Only sides is every now and then feels like a bee is stinging my finger tips for a split second.
Holy cow that’s effective!

Thanks friend. Which would you recommend?

For a long time, Dante recommended Viva Labs brand. I've used it many times and through labs, I saw a huge improvement in HDL. However, a while back one member on this board, saw the lab reports on this brand and it somehow showed some toxicity. Gives food for thought, but I did find it extremely beneficial as far as HDL goes, much more than when I was using larger doses of fish oil.

As suggested above, cardarine is a great one too and I'd consider taking it.

Other than supplements, avocados, olive oil, raw nuts, etc...would definitely help as well.

I don’t remember the study or article but wasn’t something recently published about HDL not being as cardio protective as previously thought?

olive oil + avoid carbs always helped hdl but could be coincidence with lower cals

I use more olive oil. Pour some in my shakes and my HDL is up and LDL is down.

For me, high volume walking did WONDERS for my HDL. I was walking approximately 4 miles nearly every day of the week, and my HDL was 30 points higher than it is now (and it's nearly 60 now).

One thing not mentioned... keep your estrogen high (or make sure you don't crash it more than baseline). Most steroid induced HDL deficencies are caused by tanking the estrogen - or by directly taking anti-estrogens. Estrogen is protective for your heart and increases HDL.

avoid orals if you can
don't tank hdl by taking high DHT peds and AI
take cardarine
1g citrus bergamont am / pm according to dante
lutein 40mg a day has been shown to raise hdl as per dante

keep the trig to hdl radio below 2

cardio diet goes without saying
not much else you can do.

remember HDL is a vacuum cleaner. think of its job to clean up ldl . if its broken or compromised its not going to do that good of a job. so what happens if your house is clean and vacuum is broken? you can get by till the house gets dirty .

so if your hdl is low but your LDL and triglycerides are in range that also helps too. its never one number but a balanced LIPID profile that you want.

also this will change your whole view on lipids gear or no gear.

And never be "anti-statin" when taking gear and crashing lipid levels.
Smartest thing one can do is incorporate a low-dose statin.
BB's take other drugs to counter the effects of anabolics (AI's, etc).
This should be no different... (For those who are affected).

And never be "anti-statin" when taking gear and crashing lipid levels.
Smartest thing one can do is incorporate a low-dose statin.
I wonder if statins may be counterproductive in some cases. If I remember correctly plague is formed within years or even decades to actually form "solid/hard" plague on the walls of blood vessels. Isn't it counterproductive to speed up the process by a lot? Because that is what my cardiologist told me that statins improve lipids on blood work but increase the rate of forming rockhard plague tremendously. I somehow dont get it. Or I understood that totally wrong when my cardiologist talked about it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131