over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Beta Alanine.....Garbage or Useful?

Is Beta Alanine useful or is it garbage?

• useful

Votes: 185 79.7%
  • garbage

Votes: 47 20.3%

• Total voters
Not sure where I read it. But I believe it said something about ba working synergistically with creatine

It has synergy with Creatine. Throw some Citrulline Malate in there. Killer Pre-workout. Creatine -post.

useful!!
I always use it with creatine before workouts
significant difference

I can tell and have tested logs that I can do more repetitions with it, it delays the lactic acid burn.
Has diminishing results though
Add cittriline maleate, arginine and creatine and it's great

Rethinking beta alanine

I never noticed a significant difference using it, but reading some of the posts I might try reintroducing it.

In recent news

?-Alanine supplementation and military performance - Online First - Springer

Date: 24 Jul 2015

β-Alanine supplementation and military performance

Jay R. Hoffman, Jeffrey R. Stout, Roger C. Harris, Daniel S. Moran Download PDF (530 KB)

View Article

Abstract
During sustained high-intensity military training or simulated combat exercises, significant decreases in physical performance measures are often seen. The use of dietary supplements is becoming increasingly popular among military personnel, with more than half of the US soldiers deployed or garrisoned reported to using dietary supplements. β-Alanine is a popular supplement used primarily by strength and power athletes to enhance performance, as well as training aimed at improving muscle growth, strength and power. However, there is limited research examining the efficacy of β-alanine in soldiers conducting operationally relevant tasks. The gains brought about by β-alanine use by selected competitive athletes appears to be relevant also for certain physiological demands common to military personnel during part of their training program. Medical and health personnel within the military are expected to extrapolate and implement relevant knowledge and doctrine from research performed on other population groups. The evidence supporting the use of β-alanine in competitive and recreational athletic populations suggests that similar benefits would also be observed among tactical athletes. However, recent studies in military personnel have provided direct evidence supporting the use of β-alanine supplementation for enhancing combat-specific performance. This appears to be most relevant for high-intensity activities lasting 60–300 s. Further, limited evidence has recently been presented suggesting that β-alanine supplementation may enhance cognitive function and promote resiliency during highly stressful situations.

Beta alanine

Beta Alanine taken with Branched dchain aminos and Creatine HCL does a body good.

I love the stuff. Used to take more but now just take 3.5g pre workout and I notice a difference if I miss it. Like big time for me. Literally I notice 1-2 less reps per set of just about every exercise I do if not all exercises. Simply fail quicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It de-pussifies you to lactic acid."

Killing me with this, but I agree,... :)

ITW

I didn't noticed much from it. I bought a tub of it. Made me tingle.

pretty sure potassium citrate is a better blood buffer and sure cheaper but beta alanine is good too and I believe is working via different mechanism not just lactic acid.

If you train below 6 reps and low volume I don't think you will get nothing from it. However, when I did some german volume training I feel an improvement on recovery...

I can't stand the stuff. The hot feeling and tingles do nothing to enhance my workout other than annoy me. Agmatine, citrulline malate, creatine, and caffeine are all useful though.

Makes me feel itchy but I use it

Don't use it then tan, it's bad ju ju

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner