over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Better results with junk food?

thewizkid

Registered
This is quite an odd situation but I've been eating "processed food" many will call it junk because I was in the hospital for almost a year (not due to steroids lol) and droppped to a insanely low weight (anorexic). I was just eating to get as much weight back soon.

Anyways I switched to "whole foods" for the past couple days and my recovery is not as good, strength and energy is also lower.

I was eating a good 5 meals of whole food, the rest wasn't processed food. Mainly refined carbs and sugars, I don't eat a lot of fat.

Now I switched to 5 meals of whole food with more quantity. I have a very fast metabolism and I think it's why whole foods isn't working for me. I just can't process it all.

Anyone else in the same situation? I'm switching back to my processed food diet after today.

I see eating processed food is highly looked down upon on a lot of people. Many insist eating clean year round etc but I guess it just doesn't work for some people.

Last edited:
the upshot is whats working for you and whats not working is secondary.

the main thing is eating junk year around to make gains on top of gear is not going to be appreciated by your blood work panel. you are going to be doing more damage in total.

There are plenty of fast carbs/fat sources of cals you can take which are categorically clean.

cheat meals are great here and there but having a fast matabolism doesnt entitles you to eat junk. We do gear anyway and on top eating a lot of crap is bad idea. keep it clean. easy fast carbs like white rice, grits etc , plenty of them will give you plenty of growth environment to make gains without causing havoc on your blood work. keep bf in check if you start piling more bf cut it down and work in your sweet spot.

You say you have a fast metabolism so did Gary strydom (one of the greatest gifted metabolism in the sport EVER) but he did not eat shit and still grew big time.

So as we have gone through a reality check and have decided NOT to 'Juan Morel the diet', I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back on the planet Earth.

A few things you might consider...

1. It's difficult to gauge real changes in a couple of days.
2. Are your calories the same? Often, when people select whole food sources, they inadvertently cut calories. Sugar and poor quality fat have much less effect on satiety.
3. What are your goals?

Food doesn't have to be chicken breast and rice. There are many methods to organize an effective diet. Carb cycling, ketogenic, high carb/low fat, etc. Check the "what are we eating thread" for ideas. Remember it also doesn't have to be one or the other either. Unless you're in the depth of competition preparation there's room for some less than optimal food choices. But if health is a priority, you might consider limiting "junk."

Best wishes recovering from your hospitalization.

I thought the same thing until it caught up to me after a while and made me feel like a fat fuck

Can someone disable this guys "start new thread" button?

Also teku's

Methyl tren and dat dere fast food diet.. you got it all figured out broo

A few things you might consider...

1. It's difficult to gauge real changes in a couple of days.
2. Are your calories the same? Often, when people select whole food sources, they inadvertently cut calories. Sugar and poor quality fat have much less effect on satiety.
3. What are your goals?

Food doesn't have to be chicken breast and rice. There are many methods to organize an effective diet. Carb cycling, ketogenic, high carb/low fat, etc. Check the "what are we eating thread" for ideas. Remember it also doesn't have to be one or the other either. Unless you're in the depth of competition preparation there's room for some less than optimal food choices. But if health is a priority, you might consider limiting "junk."

Best wishes recovering from your hospitalization.

1) I agreee but when you're lean it is quite noticeable
2) yes calories the same, macronutrients was the same,
3) just growing and enjoying life
I have no goals to complete, I was just wondering if anyone else felt like they had better energy and recovery with processed foods

Processed foods being, cereal, cupcakes, muffins, etc

I am suprised people think your bloodwork will be bad. As if you're not eating rice and chicken in this thread :D I knew some people were insane with clean food but this Is just funny

Can you put the macros for both diets down...

This is quite an odd situation but I've been eating "processed food" many will call it junk because I was in the hospital for almost a year (not due to steroids lol) and droppped to a insanely low weight (anorexic). I was just eating to get as much weight back soon.

Anyways I switched to "whole foods" for the past couple days and my recovery is not as good, strength and energy is also lower.

I was eating a good 5 meals of whole food, the rest wasn't processed food. Mainly refined carbs and sugars, I don't eat a lot of fat.

Now I switched to 5 meals of whole food with more quantity. I have a very fast metabolism and I think it's why whole foods isn't working for me. I just can't process it all.

Anyone else in the same situation? I'm switching back to my processed food diet after today.

I see eating processed food is highly looked down upon on a lot of people. Many insist eating clean year round etc but I guess it just doesn't work for some people.

BAHAHAHA....

:)

I think it might be due to some decreased insulin sensitivity since 'junk' food can usually stimulate a lot more insulin = better pump, feeling way more satisfied with junk food than same amount calorie wise from clean unprocessed food, also the chemicals, etc in the processed food can stimulate who knows what 'feel good' reactions in the body...might work for that but as others said will likely have bad effects over long term, my opinion.

Track macros period. Figure out how many gs carbs fats and protein suits your current goals ( this takes time to gauge but is not difficult) One thing I appreciate about this community is the importance placed on blood work and you will notice time and time again if you are getting your micros in as well as fiber and paying attention to quality of protein sources what you eat means very little if you are staying within your macro nutrient goals for the days weeks and months. In regard to your situation it probably has very little to do with your metabolism, eating "clean" can be very restrictive when it comes to sodium intake and fat intake two things that can hinder performance if not present in your diet in sufficient amounts. I encourage people who still preach eating restrictively to track macros and stray from oatmeal and eggs meal 1 chicken rice meal 2 etc your blood work will not change much it may even improve from variety of food sources ( broccoli or spinach for your only source of micros does not cover all bases)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Professional Muscle mobile app

The one thing that stands out to me is that you say you don't eat a lot of fat? Why the fuck not? Fat should be a big part of your diet. I doubt you have a fast metabolism, you just don't realized you're eating fewer calories when eating clean than when eating shit.

1) I agreee but when you're lean it is quite noticeable
2) yes calories the same, macronutrients was the same,
3) just growing and enjoying life
I have no goals to complete, I was just wondering if anyone else felt like they had better energy and recovery with processed foods

Processed foods being, cereal, cupcakes, muffins, etc

I am suprised people think your bloodwork will be bad. As if you're not eating rice and chicken in this thread :D I knew some people were insane with clean food but this Is just funny

I will never understand the need for a "ketogenic" diet plus bodybuilders cannot really reach ketosis due to a high intake of protein which is also converted into glucose. Considering the type of bodybuilder that would try a ketogenic approach the protein would be insanely to high to get anywhere near ketosis i.e 400+grams. Otherwise I agree with most of what you're saying

Sent from my SM-N900V using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:
I also noticed something similar recently. I added in some basmati rice about 7 hours ago and I have not grown so I am dropping that.

As has been pointed out blood work would be the main concern. I played that game when I was younger until my HDL was 0 and I suddenly realized it doesn't work like that.

Can you put the macros for both diets down...

344 protein
1040 carb
149 fat

processed foods

326 protein
976 carb
177 fat

clean foods

The one thing that stands out to me is that you say you don't eat a lot of fat? Why the fuck not? Fat should be a big part of your diet. I doubt you have a fast metabolism, you just don't realized you're eating fewer calories when eating clean than when eating shit.

dude can you read? not A LOT of fat...say it slowly...do you drink a bottle of oil a day? lol

Last edited:

Why the fuck your not eating Fats?

Fats are essential for good health.

Proteins is essential for good health.

I dont get why people are so obsess with Low fat diet eating only chicken and eggwhites. This is bullshit.

Why the fuck your not eating Fats?

Fats are essential for good health.

Proteins is essential for good health.

I dont get why people are so obsess with Low fat diet eating only chicken and eggwhites. This is bullshit.

i can't tell if you're really stupid or just trolling

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members