over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Better to buy or lease?

Ive been selling cars for a very long time and leasing wil always be the better option and YES YOU CAN NEGOTIATE A LEASE PRICE SAME AS FINANCE.. even if u go over mileage most of time we buyout vehicle and ill put you in a new lease.Vehicles depreciate the minute u drive off the lot.. i sell jeep chrysler ram and they lease out really good.....leasing is nice because you are always covered under warranty..stay far away from ford focus and fiesta i worked for ford for 5 years and the transmissions are horrible because of twin clutch.. i work in ramsey nj... dont let anyone talk you out of a lease without understanding the benfits vs a purchase.. pm me if u are looking for a car.. i would def not touch a used unless its a certified vehicle..

Sounding like a salesman :D

You can do the same exact thing when you buy, no one will turn down a trade in and when you buy you can negotiate the price, with a lease there is no negotiating the price of the car.

Leasing will often cost more than paying a 0% 5-6 year loan

Of course you negotiate the price of the car when leasing. :banghead:

Leasing can be tricky, however everything is negotiable.

An excellent resource to determine a good lease deal is to find your particular vehicles leasing forum on Edmunds.

You can do the same exact thing when you buy, no one will turn down a trade in and when you buy you can negotiate the price, with a lease there is no negotiating the price of the car.

Leasing will often cost more than paying a 0% 5-6 year loan

In 2012 I bough a 2012 corolla, 2013 trade in for a 2013 tahoe, 2015 trade in for 2015 tahoe, 2017 trade in for 2017 Yukon Denali, now this one Ill keep for a while. I did the math on all this and with 0% financing it came out cheaper than leasing

The thing is that the vehicle loses so much value the first 3 years that the trade in would be crap. I think it would end up being about the same as leasing if you traded it in so fast.

Last edited:
Lol its what i do bro.. but i dont bullshit im straight up..my customers always leave happy..

Where have I heard that one before lol

But seriously having bought about 15 new cars in the last 5 years (always go with family members) I have never met a straight up salesman, they twist words around and get all bitchy when I ask to just talk to the manager since they have to run back and talk to the manager when negotiating anyways, why waste time with a salesman when the salesman has to run back to the manager with the number I write down on the dealer invoice?

Somehow manged to buy every car below dealer invoice, and they lie out their ass saying they're losing money by selling the car when the manufacturer will still give them a certain %

The thing is that the vehicle loses so much value the first 3 years that the trade in would be crap. I think it would end up being about the same as leasing if you traded it in so fast.

Yea it's not the smartest thing to trade in that fast but my income went up during those years and being young I want to show off a little driving an 80k car. But now that I got that out the way doubt Ill buy anything else for 5-6 years. I did do all the math when upgrading and it worked out pretty good and I didn't just blow the money

From a financial perspective. I buy new then drive them for over 10 years. Far more cost efficient then trading off every few years. It can cost you $100-$200 dollars a month(or less if you buy one a couple years old) plus gas and maintenance(which can be much more fro some then others) over the life of a vehicle, unless you want something towards the top end.

Last edited:
Where have I heard that one before lol

But seriously having bought about 15 new cars in the last 5 years (always go with family members) I have never met a straight up salesman, they twist words around and get all bitchy when I ask to just talk to the manager since they have to run back and talk to the manager when negotiating anyways, why waste time with a salesman when the salesman has to run back to the manager with the number I write down on the dealer invoice?

Somehow manged to buy every car below dealer invoice, and they lie out their ass saying they're losing money by selling the car when the manufacturer will still give them a certain %
Unfortunetly you have no idea how the car buisness works.....

Buy a previously leased car. Driverselect has great selections and prices.

Buy a previously leased car. Driverselect has great selections and prices.

This. Or an ex-demo like Maldorf said. Miss the craziest depreciation. Leasing costs too much unless you're very unlucky with maintenance costs. Anyone who says otherwise needs to post up some math.

• Lease if mileage is never going to be an issue AND you want to drive a car that is both new and basically maintenance free.
  • Buying off lease is a great way to purchase a car.
  • New car purchases are terrible investments unless you plan on keeping the car for about 8 years or more.

Are you sure? Lease if milage is an issue is what I would say. If you dont drive much, lease. You can get a kick ass car a lot cheaper and if your like me its fun to get a new car every few years. Fuck keeping them for years.

Yea it's not the smartest thing to trade in that fast but my income went up during those years and being young I want to show off a little driving an 80k car. But now that I got that out the way doubt Ill buy anything else for 5-6 years. I did do all the math when upgrading and it worked out pretty good and I didn't just blow the money

Definitely hold onto the car as long as you can. My last Audi I bought new for $50k in 2009 and sold it for $9k in 2017. It had a few smaller issues and needed about $1500 in work on it. I decided to call it a day and sell it. It was a 4.2L and that engine had a design flaw in the timing chain tensioner. The tensioner would go bad and the engine would get trashed, about a $8000 bill at the dealer. I didn't want to risk it so said goodbye to that car. The Audi I had before that I also bought new and the transmission blew up on that.

I think I did ok on the Audi since I owned it for 8 years. I got a good deal when I bought it too. The economy was shit back then and the car was a 2008 and had been on the lot for about 1 year. They were desperate to sell it. It was an 8 cylinder and the new twin supercharged 6 had just come out. Seemed nobody was looking at the 8s. Sticker was $60k and I got it for $50k. Lots of room to negotiated. I also had them throw in a 4 year free maintenance service too.

Ever since first leasing. Never looked back. All these lease companies fighting for my biz allows me to drive a new car with a low payment and no money down.

Are you sure? Lease if milage is an issue is what I would say. If you dont drive much, lease. You can get a kick ass car a lot cheaper and if your like me its fun to get a new car every few years. Fuck keeping them for years.

Most smart and responsible is to buy cars like my parents and grandparents did. Walk in and pay cash. If you know what you are doing you can get a low price especially if the car manufacturer is offering cash back on new cars. Most of the deals are 0% for x years or you get cash back. Better to pay cash and get the cash off right now.

My father has never had a loan for a car. He always paid cash for his new cars. Drive them till it doesn't make sense economically and buy another. He isn't wealthy either, just smart. Buy something you can afford to pay cash. That is what I did when I bought my Porsche. It feels damn good to have no car payment.

Ever since first leasing. Never looked back. All these lease companies fighting for my biz allows me to drive a new car with a low payment and no money down.

The leasing companies are stupid. In the beginning when leases first started to become popular there were a few places that really messed up bad and ended up losing money on leases. That doesn't happen anymore. All leases make a nice profit these days. They have the depreciation of the car figured out pretty good now and you pay for all of that and more.

Definitely hold onto the car as long as you can. My last Audi I bought new for $50k in 2009 and sold it for $9k in 2017. It had a few smaller issues and needed about $1500 in work on it. I decided to call it a day and sell it. It was a 4.2L and that engine had a design flaw in the timing chain tensioner. The tensioner would go bad and the engine would get trashed, about a $8000 bill at the dealer. I didn't want to risk it so said goodbye to that car. The Audi I had before that I also bought new and the transmission blew up on that.

I think I did ok on the Audi since I owned it for 8 years. I got a good deal when I bought it too. The economy was shit back then and the car was a 2008 and had been on the lot for about 1 year. They were desperate to sell it. It was an 8 cylinder and the new twin supercharged 6 had just come out. Seemed nobody was looking at the 8s. Sticker was $60k and I got it for $50k. Lots of room to negotiated. I also had them throw in a 4 year free maintenance service too.

Just did some quick math on this and buying was the better option. You got to drive the car for 8 years for 41k = $427 per month. Leases on similar cars from description seem to be $700+ per month. and best of all with the buying option is that you owned the car and if you were not able to make the lease payments you would lose the car.

I did in depth math a while ago and the sweet spot to trade in a car if bought brand new is 4-5 years, this gets the best mix of depreciation and not having to worry about anything breaking down

The leasing companies are stupid. In the beginning when leases first started to become popular there were a few places that really messed up bad and ended up losing money on leases. That doesn't happen anymore. All leases make a nice profit these days. They have the depreciation of the car figured out pretty good now and you pay for all of that and more.

Works for me bro. New ride every 2-3 years.

Meant to say not stupid, oops. Anyhow the companies leasing know how to turn a profit now and learned from their mistakes years ago.

Just did some quick math on this and buying was the better option. You got to drive the car for 8 years for 41k = $427 per month. Leases on similar cars from description seem to be $700+ per month. and best of all with the buying option is that you owned the car and if you were not able to make the lease payments you would lose the car.

I did in depth math a while ago and the sweet spot to trade in a car if bought brand new is 4-5 years, this gets the best mix of depreciation and not having to worry about anything breaking down

Yeah, another thing too is the fact that during that 8 years you would have leased another car or two and with inflation the cost of those leases would go up because the cost of cars rises each year. It is amazing how much the cost of cars has gone up. My wife's Volvo back in 2010 was stickered at $42,000 and now the sticker for the same vehicle is $56,000 or so.

Some good ideas in here and not so good. The guys that have to get new cars every year or two are the guys I deal with the most. It's also 2nd hand cars with real high miles. When I got in the repo business 30 years ago you hardly ever picked up cars with over 100k miles, now over 50% have over 100k.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131