over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Better to buy or lease?

method2madness

Registered
I haven't been driving since 2012 due to have seizures behind the wheel as a result of my epilepsy. I had corrective surgery known as a Frontal Lobectomy' to remove the faulty nerve and cell clusters that were causing my seizures. As of January 15th I'll be seizure free for six months and I'll be getting back on the road after 5 years. I am excited for a variety of reasons and I don't want that excitement to blind me to the financial reality of vehicle leases/ownership. Any practical advice? My daily mileage would be 15 miles as I work/train/train clients within a 10 mile radius. Should I buy or lease? I'm considering a ford focus or fiesta and possibly a mazda 3. If anybody lives in Monmouth county NJ and has a legit connection at a dealership in my area PM me please. Thank in advance for any suggestions and advice. Peace :cool:

Last edited:
I've been debating the same recently, looking at SUV(another grand Cherokee most likely)

Buying is better, you can negotiate price and sell the car whenever you want for usually less depreciation than the lease would have cost.

With a lease you are paying full depreciation cost on a full cost car and in the end left with a choice to buy the car at full (sticker) price or get into a new lease.

You should be able to find 0% financing as manufacturers try to get rid of their outgoing year models

Never lease! Buying is always the way to go. I get a car that is 1 to 2 years old and buy the warranty that covers everything until 100k miles.

My preference is to buy a car that is turned back in after a two year lease. You can usually get a pretty good price on a car with just around 20,000 miles on it. BTW....Did you try cannabis oil before resorting to surgery ? My son has frontal lobe epilepsy and not responding well to conventional meds. Just thought I'd ask.

• Lease if mileage is never going to be an issue AND you want to drive a car that is both new and basically maintenance free.
  • Buying off lease is a great way to purchase a car.
  • New car purchases are terrible investments unless you plan on keeping the car for about 8 years or more.

• Lease if mileage is never going to be an issue AND you want to drive a car that is both new and basically maintenance free.
  • Buying off lease is a great way to purchase a car.
  • New car purchases are terrible investments unless you plan on keeping the car for about 8 years or more.

I'd say BUY if mileage is an issue—on any lease, they'll have you buy your annual miles. If you go OVER these, you're fucked and end up paying a hell of a lot more. I literally just leased a 2017 new Ford Explorer 2 weeks ago and had to get 15k+ annual miles because I have a long LA commute.

THE BEST deals you see advertised for a lease are for a good chunk of $$$ upfront as well as the lowest annual mileage for the car. So you can get a new Jaguar for say 5k upfront and 5-7k annual miles....you'll end up paying probably $200-300 per month. That's a fucking deal.

In the end, I chose a lease because of consumer behavior. Everything other than homes has maneuvered over toward leasing so you can get the upgraded version in a year (or 3-year's) time. For instance, most people don't even buy their own cell phones anymore. People want new and people don't want to be held down on. a purchase they made when they were "into the color orange." Leasing was a better option for me.

I have a wealth of knowledge in this area. I would need some more stats from you as well but I'm almost always going to say buy something used that is a mix between what you like and what you need out of a vehicle. That way personal property tax is cheaper, so is insurance and repairs. And the average Joe can tackle a lot of the repairs themselves if they have the gumshun and a socket set and youtube/Internet access. Keep costs down even more.

I am building a 98 civic for 45+mpg and it cost me 500$. Blue book is higher. I could drive for another year and sell it and still make money.

Feel free to message me and I'll try to help you avoid cars that were engineered poorly or have specific issues you want to avoid. Hope this helps a little bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Professional Muscle mobile app

i agree with those who say buy new if u plan on keeping it for a decade.
buy used/off lease for an almost new car and u dont eat the depreciation and check the car fax.
lease if ur one of those merican types who have the disposable mindset and u always need something new and miles are gonna be kept within the alloted amount. otherwise you'll pay, like, 50 cents a mile over the stated per year.
if i was you id check out hondas. my 01 civics got 185,000 miles and runs perfectly. only problem is that gen's rust issues.
so im getting another honda, a used accord v6 8th gen in pristine condition for 9k.

Buying is better, you can negotiate price and sell the car whenever you want for usually less depreciation than the lease would have cost.

With a lease you are paying full depreciation cost on a full cost car and in the end left with a choice to buy the car at full (sticker) price or get into a new lease.

You should be able to find 0% financing as manufacturers try to get rid of their outgoing year models

Yep, I sold used and new cars for a bit and can verify this. This is prime time to buy like goal245 says, buy the 2017 models they have left. IMO you get the very best deal buying what they call DEMO cars. Demo cars are what they use as loaners for customers that are getting service. Earlier this year I bought a nice new Cadillac CTS that was a loaner. They will usually have at most 5k miles on them and they sell as new so you get new car loan rates. They can also certify them so you will end up with a bumper to bumper warranty that is between 5 and 6 years long and add more miles too. If you have anyone in your family that is employed by GM you can get a GM discount. This was my first American car in about 20 years. I was big on Audi before. This Cadillac is just as good or better than the Audi IMO. The ATS is a nice sedan that is smaller than the CTS.

I do think leasing is better for people that are "rich" and don't care about losing money. The benefit to leasing is that you ALWAYS have a car under full bumper to bumper warranty so you wont have to worry about big repairs ever. You also always have a new car, one that looks in style and fresh. You are just going to end up spending more money in the long run.

Yep, I sold used and new cars for a bit and can verify this. This is prime time to buy like goal245 says, buy the 2017 models they have left. IMO you get the very best deal buying what they call DEMO cars. Demo cars are what they use as loaners for customers that are getting service. Earlier this year I bought a nice new Cadillac CTS that was a loaner. They will usually have at most 5k miles on them and they sell as new so you get new car loan rates. They can also certify them so you will end up with a bumper to bumper warranty that is between 5 and 6 years long and add more miles too. If you have anyone in your family that is employed by GM you can get a GM discount. This was my first American car in about 20 years. I was big on Audi before. This Cadillac is just as good or better than the Audi IMO. The ATS is a nice sedan that is smaller than the CTS.

I do think leasing is better for people that are "rich" and don't care about losing money. The benefit to leasing is that you ALWAYS have a car under full bumper to bumper warranty so you wont have to worry about big repairs ever. You also always have a new car, one that looks in style and fresh. You are just going to end up spending more money in the long run.

What exactly is Rich?

What exactly is Rich?

Determined I would say by the buyer. Some can be wealthy but not feel rich and want to be thrifty. Some may not have as much but like to live large. So IMO feeling rich is feeling like you don't have to worry about money.

My preference is to buy a car that is turned back in after a two year lease. You can usually get a pretty good price on a car with just around 20,000 miles on it. BTW....Did you try cannabis oil before resorting to surgery ? My son has frontal lobe epilepsy and not responding well to conventional meds. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the advice. I was actually using high cbd medical marijuana with a vape, it didn't work and was very expensive. Contrary to popular belief cannabis oil and hi cbd marijuana only work for a small number of the epileptic population due to the large variety and types of epilepsy that exist. If you don't already have one find a good epileptologist Dr. and go through all the testing to determine if your son might be a candidate for any of the surgical options. Whether he gets surgery or not the sooner you know if he qualifies the better. the battery of testing can take a year or more but the sooner you start the better. Also, has your son ever been prescribed Briviact? It is the drug that has been the most effective for many patients with otherwise non-effective drug regimens. I've been on it of 8 months and hit has made a huge difference. Best of luck to your boy. PM me if you have any questions, I'm happy to offer up any insights that I have.
Peace :cool:

If you want a never ending car payment..get a "Fleece". As Dave Ramsey would call it.

Leasing is one of the biggest con jobs going..why do you think every other commercial on television is a "Super great lease deal"?

If you want a never ending car payment..get a "Fleece". As Dave Ramsey would call it.

Leasing is one of the biggest con jobs going..why do you think every other commercial on television is a "Super great lease deal"?

I think leasing is a great thing for someone that can afford it. With a lot of disposable income you could always have a new car and no repairs to worry about. Definitely the most expensive way in the long run to have a car.

If I could afford it I would walk into the Porsche dealer today and lease a brand new 2018 911 Turbo. Then in 3 years walk in and get another one! That would be sweet.

What I did instead though was buy one that was seven years old and paid cash for it. Now I own it forever. Havent had anything big go wrong on it either so not out of pocket more than the normal maintenance on such a car. No finance charge, no interest etc. Got a nice 2 year bumper to bumper warranty too because it was certified.

Another nice thing about not leasing is that you can fix your car up because it is your car. Important if you want to put a kick ass stereo in or do some performance modifications. If you fix up a lease you would lose whatever you put into it when you trade it in. To be honest I have never looked over a lease closely, some might have previsions that preclude doing anything after market to the car because in the end it is not yours.

I think leasing is a great thing for someone that can afford it. With a lot of disposable income you could always have a new car and no repairs to worry about. Definitely the most expensive way in the long run to have a car.

If I could afford it I would walk into the Porsche dealer today and lease a brand new 2018 911 Turbo. Then in 3 years walk in and get another one! That would be sweet.

What I did instead though was buy one that was seven years old and paid cash for it. Now I own it forever. Havent had anything big go wrong on it either so not out of pocket more than the normal maintenance on such a car. No finance charge, no interest etc. Got a nice 2 year bumper to bumper warranty too because it was certified.

Another nice thing about not leasing is that you can fix your car up because it is your car. Important if you want to put a kick ass stereo in or do some performance modifications. If you fix up a lease you would lose whatever you put into it when you trade it in. To be honest I have never looked over a lease closely, some might have previsions that preclude doing anything after market to the car because in the end it is not yours.
Same here. I have a special place in my heart for Corvettes. I always wait until the next generation comes out, then buy. Picked up a very low mileage C6Z06 for a great price when everyone started selling abs trading up to the C7.

I've had it for a few years now, and it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Then in 3 years walk in and get another one! That would be sweet.

You can do the same exact thing when you buy, no one will turn down a trade in and when you buy you can negotiate the price, with a lease there is no negotiating the price of the car.

Leasing will often cost more than paying a 0% 5-6 year loan

In 2012 I bough a 2012 corolla, 2013 trade in for a 2013 tahoe, 2015 trade in for 2015 tahoe, 2017 trade in for 2017 Yukon Denali, now this one Ill keep for a while. I did the math on all this and with 0% financing it came out cheaper than leasing

Last edited:
Ive been selling cars for a very long time and leasing wil always be the better option and YES YOU CAN NEGOTIATE A LEASE PRICE SAME AS FINANCE.. even if u go over mileage most of time we buyout vehicle and ill put you in a new lease.Vehicles depreciate the minute u drive off the lot.. i sell jeep chrysler ram and they lease out really good.....leasing is nice because you are always covered under warranty..stay far away from ford focus and fiesta i worked for ford for 5 years and the transmissions are horrible because of twin clutch.. i work in ramsey nj... dont let anyone talk you out of a lease without understanding the benfits vs a purchase.. pm me if u are looking for a car.. i would def not touch a used unless its a certified vehicle..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131