advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Better to eat 50 grams of protein every 3 hours or 25 grams every two hours?

desibaba

Banned
I am a lot more relaxed with my diet when im not trying to lean down but I definitely need to loose bodyfat mainly in the love handles and lower stomach area. So while I am not competing I am trying to lower my carbs and fats. I am trying to eat small meals throughout the day so I dont feel hunger pangs and feel full. Would I better off taking in 50 grams of protein every 3 hours or 25 grams every 2 hours? When Im at work im depending mainly on whey protein isolate and at home I try to eat as much green veggies as I can.

I used to eat 50 grams of protein every two hours but have changed things to 50 grams protein every 3 hours and 2oz almonds in between meals. Seems to feel better this way.

I'd go two hours for keeping hunger down, although I bet there's still some being digested if you waited 3.

You have to find the point where ur body utilizes the % of protein before u go over that number and ur body starts to store it as fat. The problem is we are all different, and there are tons of variables that stand in the way of figuring out that number. 50g is a good place to start, good luck!

or how about you just eat 50g every time you are hungry, which for most seems to be right in that 2-3 hr range? :cool:

your over thinking it way to much. It`s not gonna make a difference either way

your over thinking it way to much. It`s not gonna make a difference either way

It actually would make a difference, cause 25g every 2 hours is 1/3 less protein over the course of the day, so it would be less total protein and calories.

But I completely agree on the over thinking it. Just eat

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

1. Calculate your daily protein requirement
2. Divide by how many meals you want to eat during the day
3. Eat meals with that amount of protein in even intervals

Some of the studies done by Layne Norton showed that protein synthesis i caused by the increase in blood amino acid levels, so keeping amino acid concentrations high all the time is actually bad for growth (via protein synthesis) so by spacing meals out a little further, you create the peaks and valleys that induce protein synthesis

I eat every 3 hours.I found out thjs works best for me whether im training for a show or not. Everyone is different just like how people react different to different AAS.

Some of the studies done by Layne Norton showed that protein synthesis i caused by the increase in blood amino acid levels, so keeping amino acid concentrations high all the time is actually bad for growth (via protein synthesis) so by spacing meals out a little further, you create the peaks and valleys that induce protein synthesis

Thats very interesting. So this mean that all my aminos in between meals arent doing as much good as I hoped. Its interesting how much were learning about nutrient timing.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This is what I do...I found about every 4 hours is best for me... You're hungry and your body utilizes the food you feed it. The dips help put the calories where you want them. And your digestive system gets a little break.

It actually would make a difference, cause 25g every 2 hours is 1/3 less protein over the course of the day, so it would be less total protein and calories.

But I completely agree on the over thinking it. Just eat

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

:yeahthat:

Thats very interesting. So this mean that all my aminos in between meals arent doing as much good as I hoped. Its interesting how much were learning about nutrient timing.

Well this depends on how far your meals are apart... If they are spaced pretty far and you do an amino pulse, then that will start protein synthesis and a fast rise and fall in blood amino acid levels from some something like BCAAs between meals, given then are spaced adequately, will allow you to consume enough kcals while optimizing protein synthesis... I'm not the expert, just regurgitating the info...

Although this is valid, it breaks down when calories get high.

Layne's "take home" message is 4-5 meals per day. This is realistic for most.

Eating 5000 cals? You are digesting that protein all the way into the next meal anyway and it all becomes irrelevant.

I am agreeing with your post, I just wanted to bring up another side of the coin where it may not be as applicable in practice. I always gotta play devil's advocate.

Well this depends on how far your meals are apart... If they are spaced pretty far and you do an amino pulse, then that will start protein synthesis and a fast rise and fall in blood amino acid levels from some something like BCAAs between meals, given then are spaced adequately, will allow you to consume enough kcals while optimizing protein synthesis... I'm not the expert, just regurgitating the info...

Regurgitate away.. I need to reevaluate my nutrient timing because what youre saying makes sense to me.

Although this is valid, it breaks down when calories get high.

Layne's "take home" message is 4-5 meals per day. This is realistic for most.

Eating 5000 cals? You are digesting that protein all the way into the next meal anyway and it all becomes irrelevant.

I am agreeing with your post, I just wanted to bring up another side of the coin where it may not be as applicable in practice. I always gotta play devil's advocate.

Completely agree. Considering on a high cal diet carbs and fats are increased, and they are protein sparing, so you are still digesting and having Aminos from the previous meL being released by the next time you eat.

Great point SBC! This just goes to show where science and real life need to really be looked at in gear detail to see how they support or fall short in being applied on an individual level

I used to eat 50 grams of protein every two hours but have changed things to 50 grams protein every 3 hours and 2oz almonds in between meals. Seems to feel better this way.

You eating the almonds by theirselves or with some protein?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws