advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Beware of FAKE emails EVEN if you began with the CORRECT email!

Tyrone

Moderator/Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
It's been going on for a while now and it continues. I don't know exactly how it works but it seems that scammers are getting a hold of people's emails after they've been sent to a sponsor...From there, they're contacting the individual from a similarly named account in order to pull a 'quick one' on them if they're not paying attention.

I know it's been going on with different sponsors' names but the latest two fake email accounts that I've heard of are: provider@securenym AND the-provider2012safemail or safe-mail even...

Do NOT use these.

ONLY use the email contacts that are listed from their banners or sigs. in their posts.

They probably lurk in the sponsors section, waiting for people to post when they ordered and such. Then look up that members profile to get there email address. All that info is so openly displayed by some members. There is no way that I am going to make a post right after I just ordered:eek:. Guys need to be a little less giving with their detailed messages in the sponsors section, imo.

Thanks for the warning!!!

I had some software like that. i could send you an e-mail and you will see it's coming from whatever addy i wish. you could probably then tell them your addy changed to something else and well you get the idea. I'm not the scammer I swear ;) i wouldn't do something so dishonorable to my fellow brothers.To whomever it is, well if someone gets an addy and it's close to NY let me take care of it, my pleasure.:mad: And thanks for the heads up Ty.

They probably lurk in the sponsors section, waiting for people to post when they ordered and such. Then look up that members profile to get there email address. All that info is so openly displayed by some members. There is no way that I am going to make a post right after I just ordered:eek:. Guys need to be a little less giving with their detailed messages in the sponsors section, imo.

Thanks for the warning!!!
ive always questioned why some people talk on the sponsor forums as much as they do. sure, give them props for swervice and product, confirm reception of an order maybe but dont brag that you are ordering xxx today, or that you just place and order for xxx. i follow the sponsors threads that i deal with and post in them and see this quite often.

I had someone called the providers email me a while back , i hadn't ordered anything recently and never heard if them so i knew something was up

Ask Kaiser he knows more than me. It seems when I post something nobody reads it or replys.

Last edited:
Quite possible but I think this is the result of social engineering like 1love pointed out.

Yes, I agree.

Phishing and social engineering.

Unless the "source" in question has had their email account hacked and addressbook stolen, or laptop breached?

Or the "source" is actually also the scammer with a fake emial account. Yes, thats happens more often than you might think.

As the game progresses you will continue to see new
ways for the scams to take place!

Supplier scams the customer, the customer scams the
supplier and the fake suppliers scamming everyone!

Always good to have a heads up and make sure that
the person you are dealing with is really who they should
be!! In this business the minute you blink someone will try
to screw you!!

Thanks for the heads up Tyrone!!

IPG

I almost fell for it. [email protected]. This asshole is a scammer!!! :mad:

Not to be confused with our amazing sponsor [email protected]

I made the mistake by leaving the - out in Pac-man. But this guy knew... he Intentionally set that email up for the sole purpose of screwing people if they made a mistake. Told me he had problems with WU and plz try Greendot Moneypak. Even went so far as to tell me to waive shipping and he would throw in some extras for my trouble.

When I called WU to check, it said my money was collected??? I contacted pac-man and he said I was good? I double checked the email and thats when I realized my almost tragic mistake.

And a big bump to pac-man:headbang: for acting so fast. If my cash sat in WU any longer, I would have withdrawn and gave it to this jerk off.

I had the same thing happen with a sponsor. I was using a safe mail account. The sponsor was getting my emails but I was not getting his. The scammer was somehow getting in to my safemail account and changing the sponsor's emails to me. They changed the pymt info...luckily I forgot to put a test question on the W.U. and they were unable to pick up.

I had the same thing happen with a sponsor. I was using a safe mail account. The sponsor was getting my emails but I was not getting his. The scammer was somehow getting in to my safemail account and changing the sponsor's emails to me. They changed the pymt info...luckily I forgot to put a test question on the W.U. and they were unable to pick up.

YES, this is what is ALSO happening!:lightbulb:

The individual provoking the recent awareness prefers pick up in:
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Last edited:
I placed an order with a sponsor 2 days ago, paid with W/U yesterday. Sent all the receiver info to the sponsor as requested yesterday afternoon. A few hrs later, I got confirmation.

Today, I get an email asking to change the receiver name. WTF?

The funny thing is, the email came from the original ongoing emails I had back and forth with the sponsor.
So now I don't have any clue if it is legit??

I have not changed the name at W/U
I sent a fresh email to the sponsor using his email addy in his siggy here on the board.

To put it all to rest, I'd really like to get a PM from the sponsor here if it is true that he needs me to change receiver name.

That way, I know it is not a scam....
IMO, it would be very unprofessional to have a sponsor all of a sudden ask you to change receiver name...

Sounds fishy to me!
What do you guys think?

I placed an order with a sponsor 2 days ago, paid with W/U yesterday. Sent all the receiver info to the sponsor as requested yesterday afternoon. A few hrs later, I got confirmation.

The funny thing is, the email came from the original ongoing emails I had back and forth with the sponsor.

I sent a fresh email to the sponsor using his email addy in his siggy here on the board.

To put it all to rest, I'd really like to get a PM from the sponsor here if it is true that he needs me to change receiver name.

IMO, it would be very unprofessional to have a sponsor all of a sudden ask you to change receiver name...

Sounds fishy to me!
What do you guys think?

Good luck bud

I did just log into my acct on the sponsor site and it does show in my acct order as them asking for a change of receiver name, so I do think I'm GTG.

Sounds fishy to me!
What do you guys think?

that sucks man. Yeah, I would wait to hear back from the sponsor. If not, withdraw your money.

See, this puts pressure on sponsors because if they dont act promptly, they will lose customers.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131