over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Beware, yet another Microsoft Windows 10 Update Bug

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This one is erasing user accounts and replacing it with an empty one. People are losing their documents folder as well as pictures etc. Once it is gone, its gone unless you have done a backup of those files or a system image. Try to do a system image at least once every 3 months or so minimum. Do that on an external drive.

What I have been doing is going into settings on Update Settings in Windows and delaying all of my updates for 1 month, whatever the max is that it lets you. I think the lesser version of Windows used to not let you do it, but a recent patch I think changed that. Read up on the article about this latest update kb4532693. Another article I read said they came out with another update to fix that one and that one has a bug too! Microsoft has become very undependable. By putting off the updates for as long as you can you let the other people be the guinea pigs and hopefully by the time you are forced to update, the fixes have been implemented.

Thanks.

I appreciate the heads up.

Version 2004 has been rolling out, and on microsoft's own site you can see there is a big host of problems. It says if you manually check for updates then it will try to install this update. I personally am going to put this off as long as I can. The last big fall update was horrible for me. I ended up having to do fresh installs on 2 of my desktop pcs. These big updates are always a mess.

Microsoft mail has/had some issues. We were not able to view any attachments in email for awhile. Somehow it fixed itself. i dont know how the hell that happened.

They also released a new version of the Edge Browser, and the old one wasnt running right on my pcs. I think there was some compatibility issues with the latest OS update. The new on runs well. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

Get Linux instead. It's a lot easier to use nowadays and there are a lot of distros so you can choose one that you personally prefer. I recommend Linux mint if you're used to using windows.

This thread is three years old, but the problem of buggy Windows updates seems like an evergreen issue. Whether it's deleting files or causing other disruptions, there always seems to be something up with the updates.
I absolutely agree with delaying updates when possible. I usually postpone mine for a month or so. It's sort of like letting other people beta test the updates before you dive in.
For those who got bitten by the update bug and find themselves needing to reinstall Windows, you might be looking for a way to get a Windows 10 key on a budget. I recently found this Reddit thread where you can get a Windows 10 key cheap. Useful info, especially when you're not in the mood to drop a lot of cash after dealing with update woes.

Get Linux instead. It's a lot easier to use nowadays and there are a lot of distros so you can choose one that you personally prefer. I recommend Linux mint if you're used to using windows.
My personal laptop runs Linux. It's what I use for everything. mint based on Ubuntu 1804
Doesn't hurt that I manage over 2000 Linux servers across the globe.

never run a windows update the first couple weeks it comes out, always wait. for safety of connecting to places like this and the dw i reccomend using tals or kodachi, even parrot os with anonnsurf on. you can run tails on kodachi from a usb drive, just boot to it and it will not leave a trace behind on the actual pc

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131