over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep distal tendon tear

Tore both mine at different times. The most recent was maybe 8 yrs back and the surgical repair (button repair) was quicker recovery than my other arm. Much quicker than six months.Maybe there talking six months before you have full strength?

Tore both mine at different times. The most recent was maybe 8 yrs back and the surgical repair (button repair) was quicker recovery than my other arm. Much quicker than six months.Maybe there talking six months before you have full strength?
I'm making phone calls tomorrow

I used 11 weeks for my hernia last year smh
You sound like me... had inguinal hernia surgery in 2019 then distal bicep tendon in 2020

my bicep was partially torn more than 50% so the surgeon cut the tendon cleaned off the frayed part and reattached it. They cut into the forearm, drill a hole through the bone and pull the tendon through the bone.

If its a partial tear it could either get worse and eventually completely tear or it could heal. If your very physical then i don't see it healing.

You sound like me... had inguinal hernia surgery in 2019 then distal bicep tendon in 2020

my bicep was partially torn more than 50% so the surgeon cut the tendon cleaned off the frayed part and reattached it. They cut into the forearm, drill a hole through the bone and pull the tendon through the bone.

If its a partial tear it could either get worse and eventually completely tear or it could heal. If your very physical then i don't see it healing.
How long it take you to heal from the surgery?

Back in the gym with light weight after three months. Out of work for those three months. I had a brace on my arm for about 4-6 weeks, don't actually remember if it was a full 6. Sometimes they put it in a cast so you can't even move it. The brace allowed movement to certain degrees. I did do physical therapy but that seemed like a waste of money. The stupid shit they make you do is worthless, normal everyday movements were more than what they had me doing.

So that was june/july /aug then started the gym in sep. So today i still working on getting my strength back. repaired arm is weaker then other.

I tore mine completely, and had the surgery. It's pretty much 100% , except I lost some range of motion turning my palm out ( supination?), Which makes chin ups difficult on a straight bar. I couldn't imagine not getting it repaired, but it sounds like some guys get along pretty well without it.

3 quick pops...yep. Exactly the way mine sounded. Preacher bench. That tendon will roll up some and fuse to the bone once again...it's anyone's guess as to how far it'll go. Some are worse than others. I was lucky that they didn't roll too far up.
damn, always felt like preacher curls were one of the safer exercises, this was a barbell I assume not just a preacher machine?

damn, always felt like preacher curls were one of the safer exercises, this was a barbell I assume not just a preacher machine?
i tore mine doing a pull up... wasnt even full bodyweight i was just warming up but boom
looking back it is a VERY dangerous angle for bicep
my arm always hurts.
i taught myself to brush teeth w left arm. same w masturbation lol
EDIT: meh i take that back i always been a lefty w the masturbation LOL sorry i kno tmi
-F

i tore mine doing a pull up... wasnt even full bodyweight i was just warming up but boom
looking back it is a VERY dangerous angle for bicep
my arm always hurts.
i taught myself to brush teeth w left arm. same w masturbation lol
EDIT: meh i take that back i always been a lefty w the masturbation LOL sorry i kno tmi
-F
Is this with palms facing you or away? I do both. I can definitely see where it could compromise the bicep especially with palms facing the body. Maybe neutral grip from now on that one "feels" a bit safer as far as bicep angle

Is this with palms facing you or away? I do both. I can definitely see where it could compromise the bicep especially with palms facing the body. Maybe neutral grip from now on that one "feels" a bit safer as far as bicep angle
I partially tore mine doing OG rows.
In general, movements with palms facing away from the body (overhand grip) are more dangerous for the distal bicep tendon (this is at least what my physio told me)
I did not need surgery but had to leave back and biceps work completely for 3 weeks and then limit overhand grip for 6 weeks (i did mainly to neutral grip during that time)
Now i can use most of the movements again but my left arm is still slightly weaker, dunno if it will ever be 100% again

Both arms reco Recovered pretty much 100% for me but you want to have it repaired before the tendon starts to scar up so they have an easier time posting it back.

Tore mine, had fixed. They kept me in cast to long without letting me stretch early. Now it's a good 1-2" shorter than other. Had to change my posing on stage to try to hide. Good news is the peak is a lot higher now. Lol

it happenecd with palms facing away and wide grip on that angled kind of bar. if u do that move its A LOT of strain on distal bicep and upper forearm where bicep attaches.
-F

Welcome to the club! Lots of us have torn distal biceps tendons. This thread has a lot of misinformation in it, so let me clear somethings up.

1. EVERYONE should get them repaired nowadays and almost all doctors recommend it, they didn't use to, but now they do, the surgery is simple and much more successful than it used to be.

2. Even if there is severe damage to the tendon, etc, you can still get it repaired, they even do distal biceps tendon transplants now.

3. If you leave it, your biceps will not operate correctly and over years this will cause issues at the shoulder and elbow, it's not worth it unless you are 70 years old, get it repaired.

if u r wondering then its likely partial.
u would KNOW if full on tear
-F
They often don't come all the way off the bone, there is a ligament that comes off the side of the distal tendon that often stays attached and keeps it held down, but the tendon itself is gone at this point

They often don't come all the way off the bone, there is a ligament that comes off the side of the distal tendon that often stays attached and keeps it held down, but the tendon itself is gone at this point
Very good information, much appreciated. I go in Thursday

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity