over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep distal tendon tear

I can speak with pretty good authority on the topic. I’ve had a distal bicep repair done e on my left and the long head bicep repair/which is at the top on my right. The distal biceps rupture absolutely Has to be repaired. The long head which is a the top at the shoulder doesn’t necessarily need to be need to be repaired but it will have the Popeye deformity . My distal repair according to my doctor is stronger than before. I have put it under a tremendous amount of load since the surgery and all is well. My long head repair needed to be redone as I re- ruptured it during the healing process. Now I’m about 10 months out and it seems to be fine. To be clear , the long head repair was done during a shoulder surgery which they do a lot. Apparently the long head bicep anchor point is a major pain generator when it comes to shoulder pain. They unhooked it and lowered it outside the shoulder joint.

I had a full distal biceps tendon rupture in 2012. I had gotten up to deadlifting 435 with an overhand grip, chalk only with no straps. I decided to try a mixed grip. I knew holding on to the bar was my weak point. I got up to the high 400s within a few weeks using a mixed grip. I would alternate between using the right and left hand for the underhand grip.

The first time I got 5 plates, I was so happy I posted a video on youtube. 2 weeks later I got 500 (5 plates plus a 2 1/2 on each side). I switched hands to go for the 2nd attempt with my left hand supinated, and I felt and heard a rip on the way up.

I got it reattached, but there was a complication with new bone growth around the attachment site. I couldn't rotate my left hand at all. I got a second surgery 6 months later. That slightly improved my pronation and supination, but my left hand was effectively paralyzed for 4 months from nerve damage from that surgery. I was lucky that things healed and started working again.

Now my left arm is huge and strong, like it never happened. There's a bigger gap between the biceps muscle and the elbow, but the strength is there. I've lost some range of motion permanently with that hand. I can only do neutral grip pullups along with neutral grip chest press and overhead press (on machines). I do hammer curls insteas of supinated curls now. It's not holding me back in terms of overall fitness anymore.

I was lucky to have a career in software where I could get by with one hand for a few months. I feel bad for you if surgery means you can't work. Have you looked into disability insurance? That's what it's there for. There's no shame in taking that for a short time to let your body heal.

Anyone here tear there bicep tendon and avoided surgery? If I avoid surgery, will I lose range of motion?
You’ll never be able to do curls or back again with a full torn distal bicep tendon tear. So get the surgery done! I’ve had both of my biceps repaired from doing arm wrestling competitions when I was younger. The damage occurred before age 18. My tendons pulled on the radius turbosity bone before I was mature and made it grow. The bone then started fraying my tendons.

I had a full distal biceps tendon rupture in 2012. I had gotten up to deadlifting 435 with an overhand grip, chalk only with no straps. I decided to try a mixed grip. I knew holding on to the bar was my weak point. I got up to the high 400s within a few weeks using a mixed grip. I would alternate between using the right and left hand for the underhand grip.

The first time I got 5 plates, I was so happy I posted a video on youtube. 2 weeks later I got 500 (5 plates plus a 2 1/2 on each side). I switched hands to go for the 2nd attempt with my left hand supinated, and I felt and heard a rip on the way up.

I got it reattached, but there was a complication with new bone growth around the attachment site. I couldn't rotate my left hand at all. I got a second surgery 6 months later. That slightly improved my pronation and supination, but my left hand was effectively paralyzed for 4 months from nerve damage from that surgery. I was lucky that things healed and started working again.

Now my left arm is huge and strong, like it never happened. There's a bigger gap between the biceps muscle and the elbow, but the strength is there. I've lost some range of motion permanently with that hand. I can only do neutral grip pullups along with neutral grip chest press and overhead press (on machines). I do hammer curls insteas of supinated curls now. It's not holding me back in terms of overall fitness anymore.

I was lucky to have a career in software where I could get by with one hand for a few months. I feel bad for you if surgery means you can't work. Have you looked into disability insurance? That's what it's there for. There's no shame in taking that for a short time to let your body heal.
Since I'm part time, I don't qualify

it happenecd with palms facing away and wide grip on that angled kind of bar. if u do that move its A LOT of strain on distal bicep and upper forearm where bicep attaches.
-F
Definitely agree that wide curve bar feels risky always hated it. I do mine now the way athlean x shows in video with elbows more infront on the straight bar, also a bit more narrow than the bar you used would allow.

I've had three bicep ruptures,2 distal and one proximal. One distal doing preacher curls,the other distal was a work injury(along with torn rotator cuff) and the proximal was a freakish accident doing yard work. Had surgery to repair all three. Left distal healed up to look 100% as it did before the rupture. Right distal rupture healed up after surgery and left me with a huge gap at the insertion point. Right side proximal healed up 100% after surgery. For me,there was no way I was not having them repaired. There is a limited time frame to have the surgery,once that window closes you're options for repair are basically nil...good luck brother

I've had three bicep ruptures,2 distal and one proximal. One distal doing preacher curls,the other distal was a work injury(along with torn rotator cuff) and the proximal was a freakish accident doing yard work. Had surgery to repair all three. Left distal healed up to look 100% as it did before the rupture. Right distal rupture healed up after surgery and left me with a huge gap at the insertion point. Right side proximal healed up 100% after surgery. For me,there was no way I was not having them repaired. There is a limited time frame to have the surgery,once that window closes you're options for repair are basically nil...good luck brother
Got it repaired Thursday. Now just need to heal

^^^IMO; you did the right thing (..& you'll be glad you did) ..you'r going to be fine brother

..now just take your time & do the applicable "physical therapy"
& do not be too eager to jump right back into heavy weight

-good luck

^^^IMO; you did the right thing (..& you'll be glad you did) ..you'r going to be fine brother

-good luck
Thanks man, really appreciate it! Just t ready to lose this brace. Didn't sleep for 3 days. Gives me bad anxiety smh

Excellent,you'll be fine brother trust me. Like Sour posted,do the PT when the time comes&the home exercises they recommend and you'll be back in the gym hittin it hard sooner than you think. Wish ya the best

-good luck
Yeah bro take your time. It needs to heal.

Your brain will say "i can lift this"
your bicep will say "i can lift this"
your tendon and bone are like "hellllll nah bro we aint ready for that shit, you crazy."

Has anyone had the surgery and not suffered from the longer gap?
The more I read the more I find people saying the injured bicep that goes up the arm looks exactly the same after the surgery and never looks like how it did before the injury ?

Please tell me this is rare case lol just got my surgery a few days ago

I
The more I read the more I find people saying the injured bicep that goes up the arm looks exactly the same after the surgery and never looks like how it did before the injury ?

tore my short head at the elbow. I have no gap, but my arm isn't the same. Strength is there, but the muscle isn't the same.

I

tore my short head at the elbow. I have no gap, but my arm isn't the same. Strength is there, but the muscle isn't the same.
Do you think you’d still be able to compete with it ? Or too noticeable?

I haven't heard from anyone who didn't have some type of visual impact...most due to shortening. Mine is significantly shorter now. It looks creepy when I flex it.

just an update i tore mine in july, didnt get surgery in it OR MY PEC which looks deformed indented, and really really wish i did, i also have a detached tricep tendon tear i never got surgery on, stupid choices, if you have insurance, man up and get it, 6-12 weeks out of gym even 6 months ain't shit dude, you can stay healthy and train around it and bounce back QUICK AF once you hop back on the program!!!! its all a HEAD GAME, don't psyche yourself out , i taxed my organs with this foolish mindset and logic my entire 20s and paid price later in life

I haven't heard from anyone who didn't have some type of visual impact...most due to shortening. Mine is significantly shorter now. It looks creepy when I flex it.
i saw a dude on youtubes came back pretty spot on
but to be fair he had awesome biceps to start with

just an update i tore mine in july, didnt get surgery in it OR MY PEC which looks deformed indented, and really really wish i did, i also have a detached tricep tendon tear i never got surgery on, stupid choices, if you have insurance, man up and get it, 6-12 weeks out of gym even 6 months ain't shit dude, you can stay healthy and train around it and bounce back QUICK AF once you hop back on the program!!!! its all a HEAD GAME, don't psyche yourself out , i taxed my organs with this foolish mindset and logic my entire 20s and paid price later in life
seen you around this forum you have good info and advice
did you do yours in muay thai ?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner