over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep exercises and safety

I agree with this based on feel. I feel alot of stress on the tendon doing DB and BB preachers, but, the machine I don't feel any stress (preacher curl machine). Not sure why, maybe because the machines just in general do some of the work or are safer for tendons>. Never tweaked a pec of any machine but have with heavy barbell or dumbbell press.
Do the machines allow your wrists to rotate and pronate at the lower portion of the movement? Ive used some preacher machines that do and those feel safe. A more steep angle, closer to 90 degrees is better too. 45 is harder on the tendon too I think.

Do the machines allow your wrists to rotate and pronate at the lower portion of the movement? Ive used some preacher machines that do and those feel safe. A more steep angle, closer to 90 degrees is better too. 45 is harder on the tendon too I think.
excellent points all throughout thread thank you

I've used both, didn't like the one that rotates, might not have had anything to do with the handle some preacher machines just suck.

I feel like overall I agree curls feel safer when you rotate at bottom, but only with free weights. I never get that "bad tension" feeling of not rotating on any machine, I definitely see your point on the dimbells but just going by feel, I have never felt the tendon being put in a compromised position on cables or machines. Maybe in my head or maybe the biomechanics are a little different?

Recovering from a bicep tear 1 month into my surgery the flexing picture is 2 months after i tore it. I have my post op picture 3 days after surgery. Looks alot better now.

20210126_071537.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210408-124600_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210408-124600_Video Player.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 5
I ruptured a distal biceps tendon doing mixed grip deadlifts in 2012. It took 2 surgeries and over a year to start to feel normal again. I lost most of the range of motion with pronation and supination permanently, although it doesn't bother me anymore. I can't do certain lifts like underhand chinups or overhand pullups, but neutral grip is fine.

I talked with lots of people on a forum devoted to this injury when I was going through the recovery process. Mixed grip deadlifts and heavy preacher curls seemed like the most common way it happened.

High volume / moderate weight db curls seem safe to me along with high volume / moderate weight cable curls. I use the rope attachment since I can't supinate my left hand. By high volume I mean 8 to 10 sets of 12 to 16 reps.

how did it happen? what exercise were you doing?

It was old surgery from 6 months ago I had bicep tendenoise were i let my orthopedic cut my healthy tendon out of the shoulder the long head. Long story short he anchored into the humerus it pop and snap 6 weeks later at physical therapy of november of 2020 just recently got it fixed. Baby the hell out of it just got out of the sling after 4 weeks. Besides a ugly scar my bicep looks and already feels better. Just gotta let it heal then strengthen it and my shoulder. Super weak right now on my left side. STAY AWAY FROM Surgery of the shoulder from personal experience it will never be the same and only add more problems later on.

At 33 my cartilage in my shoulder is already thinning out and ortho is talking shoulder replacement in my near future if not soon. FUCK THAT. HGH IGF PRP STEM all worth investing in..

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws