advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep pain on negative pressing movements?

Simpllyhuge

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Since I started training biceps again( only EZ curl) I have been getting pain on the negative of my my bench, my press and even push ups? It's goes away somewhat if I don't train biceps for a week or so bit still hurts. The weird thing is my training partner suddenly started having the same issue with his OHP?
Is this a tendon issue? Am I just detrained in the biceps? Sorry if this is a new question but I do y want to rip anything and it has actually kept me from benching even 135 at times.

Do you get any pain during the ez bar curls?

Slightly today when I only had 25s in each side, but I am a little sore from doing both wide grip and closer neutral grip lat pull down from like 2 days ago.

This was happening last summer when I was benching like 275 and I don't think I was training biceps at the time. On the negative of 275 I had like jumping sorta thing going on in the negative portion and had to come down really slow. It feels dangerous, like I'm gonna rip something. It's like some weird retraction or tendon shit, sorry don't know much about anatomy.

I'd guess front delt/bicep tie in. Happens to me too, but in the opposite direction as you; I get really painful front delts when my Bi's are too tight. Stretching the delts does nothing, but stretching the bi's through the day works great. It's the same remedy either way. Gotta stretch the whole area. Towel stretches would be good.

Not to be alarmist at all, but I'd stretch the hell out of your bis, delts and forearms before benching. And a couple times during the day. That's a tear waiting to happen, IMO. Just head it off. I had a bad injury for a year before I learned how to fix it and it sucked...

Wesley Inman here has a great video on 5 ways to increase your bench. Warming up my bi's and lats as he suggested prior to benching has been awesome for my progress and no shoulder or delt issues at all lately.

I would try stretching multiple times per day and do active recorvery every day with 3-5lbs.

I don't know what you training spit is. But I would do bis with back. That way they are hit once. Streching and roll with a hard ball like golf or lacrosse ball.

I don't know what you training spit is. But I would do bis with back. That way they are hit once. Streching and roll with a hard ball like golf or lacrosse ball.

Sounds crazy and is stupid but I don't have a training split. Been focusing on the major lifts going by how I feel.

I need a hybrid power lifting/aesthetics program. Built on like 3 days and other days add in when I have free time for accessory work and cardio. I need to be able to pass a physical for a job I want and Need awesome cardio shape

I'd guess front delt/bicep tie in. Happens to me too, but in the opposite direction as you; I get really painful front delts when my Bi's are too tight. Stretching the delts does nothing, but stretching the bi's through the day works great. It's the same remedy either way. Gotta stretch the whole area. Towel stretches would be good.

Not to be alarmist at all, but I'd stretch the hell out of your bis, delts and forearms before benching. And a couple times during the day. That's a tear waiting to happen, IMO. Just head it off. I had a bad injury for a year before I learned how to fix it and it sucked...

Wesley Inman here has a great video on 5 ways to increase your bench. Warming up my bi's and lats as he suggested prior to benching has been awesome for my progress and no shoulder or delt issues at all lately.

Thanks I will look for that video.
I already ordered Olympic style straps for my deads so I don't have dead mixed grip since I know it's bad for bis and the the underhand shoulder.
These straps should be good cause I don't really have to wrap them, just sorta twist and help your hook grip

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. I guess this is a good opportunity to ask another question.

Even when working only upper body, after a while I start getting ridiculous muscle cramps every where calves, Hams, quads, lats.
I would like to train with a weighted vest on the stair mill. What can I do? I take creative ethyl ester, 3 taurine, what else? Just bought potassium. Thanks

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. I guess this is a good opportunity to ask another question.

Even when working only upper body, after a while I start getting ridiculous muscle cramps every where calves, Hams, quads, lats.
I would like to train with a weighted vest on the stair mill. What can I do? I take creative ethyl ester, 3 taurine, what else? Just bought potassium. Thanks

Magnesium also sea salt glycerin in your water

Had the same thing.. Labrum tear where it connects into bicep tendononshoulder.. I had to have surgery for mine but mine was a bad tear...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131