over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep ruptured

mmafan

Registered
As the title stated, yes I torn my bicep tendon in 2.
I saw it pop and curl up. Instant pain and swelling.
If anyone out there has had this issue please info me of recovery
Time and your rehabilitation practices. Torn it on Sunday. ..surgery will
Be Thursday/Friday
Peace

how did you do it?

Good luck with your recovery.

Often, it happens often on the preacher bench. That's how mine blew.

What are the signs that this is about to happen?

Be Thursday/Friday
Peace

best of luck in surgery....rehab takes a while about 6 months, go to PT as prescribed. For a long time your arm will be immobile, you will end up in a arm brace that locks it in place, and over time the doc will give you more mobility in the brace. One of the hardest parts for me was getting over the psychological part of it...I was very nervous, still am two yrs later, about curling anything heavy. very conscious in the gym now and don't even bother going over 40 pounds for dumbbell curls. Once in a while I still feel some stiffness. Best advice I can give is to stick on the PT and listen to your doc about what you should and shouldn't be doing. You'll be fine...

What are the signs that this is about to happen?

No signs for me brother...I just heard a pop (sounded like snapping your fingers) and there it went. This is the distal tendon near the elbow for me.

ruptured mine about 20 years ago. had 2 rotator muscles re-attached at the same surgery. at 8 weeks the Dr told me i had no restrictions on what to do, as he knew i was doing more then they suggested. and was healing quickly. but i kept it within reason. slowly increased range of motion. and added weight to it slowly. 9 months after surgery strength was almost 100%.

Buddy just had it. Drilled a hole in the bone and reattached the tendon in the hole. Was gross lol....but supposed to heal fine

I had it done, distal rupture and endo button procedure. Sports ortho was a surgeon for several professional sports teams and was very aggressive in his rehab. By the end of 4 months I was pulling 400 and 6 month was near 100%. Lift what you can, there is a crossover effect. Stay away from inflammatory foods. Run tb-500 for the next 6 months. Do your stretches and scar massage religiously.

The procedure is on YouTube if you have the stomach for it

No signs for me brother...I just heard a pop (sounded like snapping your fingers) and there it went. This is the distal tendon near the elbow for me.
How would you describe your condition at the time of the injury. Well fed, hungry, hydrated, dehydrated. Long weekend before? Anything? I've heard people do it more when dehydrated or not properly warmed and pumped. Anything about your condition out of the ordinary? Extremely pumped from a cycle? I already have a small tear in my left bicep. I fear my tendons will go eventually.

I had a proximal bicep tear, long bicep tendon attached at shoulder. I had an onset of tendentious and could have taken a week or two off and probably would have been ok, however I took Advil instead, big mistake.

If you’re a long-term AAS user, your tendons have become brittle over time and frayed with all the heavy lifting, if you continue to lift heavy you will tear a tendon. I’m almost 50 and have given up hope of lifting heavy or getting huge a long time ago, it’s all fitness physique for me now with light weight and slow concentrated movements with proper form.

Be Thursday/Friday
Peace

Good luck with your surgery. My good friend did this and came back strong. He placed top ten in a couple national level shows afterwards. They drilled 3 holes through a bone in his delt area, wove titanium sutures throughout the biceps, and pulled the sutures through the holes and tied them off. I can't even tell he ever tore it. It looks perfectly normal.

I just got the willies thinking about curling and my tendon poping ahhhhh i feel for you keep us updated id like to hear about your recovery

How would you describe your condition at the time of the injury. Well fed, hungry, hydrated, dehydrated. Long weekend before? Anything? I've heard people do it more when dehydrated or not properly warmed and pumped. Anything about your condition out of the ordinary? Extremely pumped from a cycle? I already have a small tear in my left bicep. I fear my tendons will go eventually.

I attribute mine mostly to wear, tear and age. I don't drink or party..so no rough weekend. My diet is/was on point and plenty of hydration. This was in the middle of my training, so warmed up plenty. It happened on the preacher while doing one arm curls...I was only using a 25lb db too...just getting some nice, slow reps in. POP!!
I was 46 at the time. Mine rolled up a but, but nothing crazy, just have a gap now and you wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking for it. I use the Spurs team doc here and he asked me a few simple questions.
Do you plan on competing? What type of work do you do (I'm an accountant). He advised against surgery saying you're 46, not competing and the roll-up isn't too far. He ordered no direct bicep training for 2 months.
I have lost about 30% of strength in my bi's...went from curling 60's to curling 40's now. They fatigue quicker than normal, and I have trouble supinating fully for longer than a few seconds, but other than that my quality of life isn't affected and I can train normally.

Thanks guy for the wishes. They will be drilling thru bone for re attachment. My surgery is first thing in the morning. I am really depressed at the moment. .. but I will return stronger.
Peace

Thanks guy for the wishes. They will be drilling thru bone for re attachment. My surgery is first thing in the morning. I am really depressed at the moment. .. but I will return stronger.
Peace

Stay positive! You recover in no time.

Be Thursday/Friday
Peace

Your doctor will give you the best advice on recovery time and when you can train again. Don't push it too soon. I would say 8 weeks but Im no M.D.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear