over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep Tendon Riped

bf5%yes

Registered
I was loading wood for the outdoor burner and in doing so ripped the tendon from my bone. Is there a timeframe before they cannot reattach it and would working out make thing worse until it is fixed. I am beyond upset and feel sick about what happened. I can still bend my elbow but have no strength if my wrist starts to move up or down. Any ideas? It has been about 4 weeks from the injury.

I was loading wood for the outdoor burner and in doing so ripped the tendon from my bone. Is there a timeframe before they cannot reattach it and would working out make thing worse until it is fixed. I am beyond upset and feel sick about what happened. I can still bend my elbow but have no strength if my wrist starts to move up or down. Any ideas? It has been about 4 weeks from the injury.

thats a rough injury brother. i tore mine before, but got it reattached right away. a powerlifter friend of mine tore his, and couldnt get in to see the surgeon for about 6 weeks, and there was no issue. id try to get in asap though man. its not a fun injury to just have sitting around.

I did the same thing. The sooner you can get it repaierd the better. What can happen is it will reattatch wherever it ends up. If that happens, more tendon may be cut or damaged in its retreival. This shortens the tendon, requiring an allograft (donor tendon) or autograft (your own). This increases recovery. My rehab was quite aggressive, and by 4 months I hardly knew it happend. Go to a good sports ortho. Good luck.

tore mine once and ruptured it another time. did not have it fixed till much later. and i covered 95%+ i would estimate. but the sooner the better definitely. there is no reason to put it off if you can afford it and have no important engagements coming up.

I would see a doctor ASAP. Myself I would have had the sugery immediately.

ALL I CAN SAY IS THE SOONER THE BETTER GOOD LUCK SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THAT ACCIDENT. ASAP I the best metheod.

thats sucks bro,but like everyone else said get it fixed asap

I have a friend at work who had the exact same thing. The doctor said he had less than 35 days to have it re-attached or the tendon would become to brittle to attach after that!!

I wouldn't wait, the sooner the better!

my long head tore off my shoulder 4 years ago while doing preacher curls.
had a killer peak! but never had surgery. doc said it would only be a cosmetic issue, and he was right. ive never had any issues other than it looks different than my right arm and i may curl 5 pounds less on that arm.

I had mine done 4 months after, too long, they had to attach it at a different spot due to the the tendon shortening...

my long head tore off my shoulder 4 years ago while doing preacher curls.
had a killer peak! but never had surgery. doc said it would only be a cosmetic issue, and he was right. ive never had any issues other than it looks different than my right arm and i may curl 5 pounds less on that arm.

This is the old philosophy, with the new attachment methods, you should get it reattached in almost every case.

Tore mine this past Tuesday night on the Preacher bench as well. Going in for the official MRI this week, but already know it's either a significant partial or full tear. If it's a partial, at least I have some options such as PRP treatment and I'll have some more time.
Leaning towards no surgery due to the fact that I'm traveling on business every week until the end of May. I absolutely have to be on these trips as my career depends on it. I'm not competing and can live with one bi looking different than the other if it comes down to it.
Can live with some loss of strength on that bi as well...but has not slowed me down with training anything else ...I even finished my training with Tri's the night it happened .
Did you guys have any bruising around the tear? I have none and I'm thinking maybe not a full tear, but I'm no doctor.

Last edited:
I tore mine a few years ago Distal (at the elbow).Had the surgery ASAP My Orthopedic Doc said you have a 13 day window before the body starts repairing itself. Surgery can allways be done but the further you wait after the 13 days the harder the surgery will be, or there can be more complications. My rehab was about 6-8 monthes before I was 100%. Good luck in what ever you decide.

Lots of good advice, you should definitely go get it checked out ASAP and schedule the surgery. If you put it off it could start to heal wrong causing further complications.

Thanks Bros

I have a ortho appt this Thursday 10am! Thank You all for the advise. I will give an update after.

I have a ortho appt this Thursday 10am! Thank You all for the advise. I will give an update after.

Thank god you're going to the doc. It isn't just cosmetic, at least not for the vast majority. Do NOT let him tell you it's not worth repairing. That's crap! There's plenty of great ortho docs that can repair that properly, and have you back to near 100% over time with rehab.

Have you studied up on your ortho docs in the area? My friend went to 4 different ones before the last one finally recognized his tear (labrum). What's worse, it was torn so bad it required 4 anchors. Absolutely pathetic that the other so called "world renowned" docs couldn't properly diagnose him. The first one recommended an MRI without contrast (BIG mistake!), and the 2nd and 3rd ones didn't even question why no contrast! 4 months later he couldn't take the continued pain, so I found him a better doc, who was all over it. He diagnosed the exact tear without the MRI, then made him go get an MRI with contrast to see the extent of it. His shoulder is all good to go again.

A lil FYI, but the first doc was Dr. James Andrews, the supposed best ortho in the world. You know, the guy who repaired John Cena's pec tear. It's very sad he's letting his PC recommend non-contrast MRIs for shoulder injuries, and his radiologists' opinions the final say. "They say no tear, so you're good to go - we can give you a shot to make it feel better, however." I personally feel he and his team are too caught up in their fame.

Last edited:
I have a detached Upper Long head tendon. I was in rehab from my third shoulder surgery when it happened. It actually felt better and I had less pain after it ruptured. I suspect it was torn and ready to detach for awhile. The surgeon opted not to attemt a repair after everything I had been through with the shoulder. I got a 2nd opinion and decided not to have another surgery.
That was 8 years ago. That arm is approximatley 8% weaker than the other.
I was told at the time that there was a short window to make the decision.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131