over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep thickness??

thenatural3456

Registered
Besides preachers which I am no fan of at all...any suggestions or tips on Bicep thickness? Moves exercises anything?

Usually my Bicep routine consists of:
Bb curls with negative resistance
Hammer curls
Cable concentrations

Hammer curls, after that its just a matter of genetics and what kind of size you can attain. More size equals more thickness.
You are doing heavy back work right? That will do more for your bis than direct work anyway.

Hammer

Build up the brachialis. Hammer curls will help. Look up pinwheel curls which is a variation of the hammer I learned from DC training. Should be able to pack on some decent meat with that.

Hammer curls, after that its just a matter of genetics and what kind of size you can attain. More size equals more thickness.
You are doing heavy back work right? That will do more for your bis than direct work anyway.

definitely do notice a difference when going heavy on deads

Build up the brachialis. Hammer curls will help. Look up pinwheel curls which is a variation of the hammer I learned from DC training. Should be able to pack on some decent meat with that.

lol packing on meat is the goal! thanks for the tip

This may sound a little callous, but a stronger muscle usually equals a larger, thicker muscle. While a different exercise can influence the way a muscle develops, genetics are the predominant determinant of shape. I would focus on gaining massive strength in your biceps in whatever exercise you choose. I've added 2 inches to my chest in the last 3 months due to a massive increase in my bench pressing strength. I guarantee that if you add significant weight to your best Bicep movement, you will not be disappointed with the result.

This may sound a little callous, but a stronger muscle usually equals a larger, thicker muscle. While a different exercise can influence the way a muscle develops, genetics are the predominant determinant of shape. I would focus on gaining massive strength in your biceps in whatever exercise you choose. I've added 2 inches to my chest in the last 3 months due to a massive increase in my bench pressing strength. I guarantee that if you add significant weight to your best Bicep movement, you will not be disappointed with the result.

I agree with this as well. Progression is the main focus on every exercise. Get stronger and get bigger as long as diet is in check. Heavy barbell curls have always done the job for me as well as hammers, get stronger at those 2 and let your heavy back work do the rest.

I started doing hammer curls and reverse grip curls (palms down) last summer to target bicep thickness...with some good results! :headbang:

Heavy barbell and dumbbell with different grips leave the cables alone while trying to put on mass

Just a quick tip...
I would do your isolation exercise first (e.g. concentration curls, hammer curls, whatever). Then I would do the main curl second when the bicep is now pre-exhausted.
The reason being is that towards the end of the set on the 'main' curl the front delts tend to become involved as you struggle to complete the last rep.

However, if you pre-exhaust the biceps with the isolation movement first, then you can be assured that you will take them to complete failure on the main curl even though the front delts, etc will be doing some of the work.

Hope this makes sense :lightbulb:

It is a matter of building great size. I think that for mass in the bicep area that you cannot go wrong with Barbell curls and heavy weight. I try to do 4 sets of straight barbells, 4 sets of inclince dumbells, 4 sets of standing hammer curls, followed by 4 sets of cable curls, and finish with seated concentration curls. I start training the larger muscle and taper it down to the focal point, the peak!

There are so many variations to bicep workouts, it is ridiculous though!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131