over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep torn

crams60

Registered
Hey guys I have a bicep distal tear and I have to get survey anyone have experience with this?

I tore mine in May of 2022, reaching out to scoot over a tool box in my garage of all things.. weighed probably less than 50lbs lol.

Immediately felt the pop, saw that my bicep muscle went up my arm so went to the ortho the next day and he got me in for the button surgery within 1 week. Short and sweet, not much pain after just limited movement and you really want to let it heal that first month.

Wore the brace the first month, then started doing very light like 5-10lb dbs doing indirect work after about the 2 month mark. Really just to move some blood around. I had planned to do rehab but ended up just doing my own, not against it though.

Now it's 8 months later and feels like normal. Grip strength is good, size/shape is mostly back because it did atrophy some, the only thing I notice is if I am doing a full supinated concentration curl I feel a weird pulling sensation. I also am still doing more high rep moderate weight work outs and not lifting as heavy with it, just don't want to go through that shit again so taking things slow. Longer warm ups etc.

Can feel weird at first getting that mind muscle connection back and fully contracting.

I'm 1.5 months post surgery from my complete tear. Two weeks into physical therapy. I'm told it'll be about a 4 month recovery.

Hey guys I have a bicep distal tear and I have to get survey anyone have experience with this?
Yes! You’ll be in a sling or brace for 6-8 weeks. You won’t be able to train heavy again for approximately 6 months but you can train moderately at 4 months post-op. You can start using light bands 8 weeks out to do curls to help with rehab. Not a painful surgery after the first few days. Just a long recovery—like all tendon repair surgeries.

I am 8 weeks out of distal biceps tendon detachment surgery. I tore it the first week of Dec, and had surgery 7 days later:

6 weeks complete immobilization (cast)

6 weeks of rehab, but just range of motion and stretching type exercises

I am told after 12 weeks (3 months) they will start adding some light resistance such as bands and 1-2 lbs dumbbells

I am told after 6-9 months I will be able to train hard again.

I have been doing Fortitude Training Turbo version since it focuses on legs 4x per week. I have been following the program as written with no modifications other than choosing exercises that allow me to work unilaterally using only my right hand. As a result my legs are better than ever. My upper body generally has maintained. The only thing smaller is my recovering arm. That has some significant atrophy.

I'm like four or five years post bicep surgery and the bicep that was worked on feels stronger than the other one now

I'm like four or five years post bicep surgery and the bicep that was worked on feels stronger than the other one now

I’m thinking I will also agree with this soon. It’s weird, certain things on back movements I can pull more with my arm I tore now. Which I absolutely did not expect and expected the opposite.

My right arm endurance for higher reps on bicep work is still a tiny bit less. But I’m not complaining.

Listen to the doctor! Mine was a 6 month recovery. The first 4-6 weeks is miserable. Hard to sleep and trying to figure things out. Just walk and try to hit legs with limited execrises. I also lived on glutamine. I actually got released on month 5 instead of 6. Doctor was shocked!

i tore mine in 2019, after 1 month of the surgery i trained the arm like before but i avoided exs like supine lat pulldown, deadlift ecc so exercise that put too much stress on the arm. I used bpc 157, tb 500 and hgh injected locally in the site of surgery

The surgery will return your biceps on that arm to full function, just as strong as ever, once fully healed. It will not look the same and that biceps will probably never be as big as the other one, but that’s a lot better than not fixing it at all.

Recovery is a piece of cake. Six weeks avoiding any strain then you start back with some light weights, working on range of motion and working out the pains from muscle adhesions and shrinkage.

It’s a very mechanical, straight-forward surgery. And it’s worth every penny even if you don’t have insurance and have to make payments.

My left bicep distal tendon partially tore in 2006 and finally completely tore in 2013. MRI showed complete tear. Endo button surgery 4 days later. Went through PT and it is all well now.

Lessons hopefully learned: (1)-Warm up enough..(2)-Try not to do preacher or isolation movement without first warming up with lighter weights and/or cables..I will often do isolation/preacher movements first but will make sure I am completely warmed up after about 4-6 warm up sets...(3)-ONLY use a weight that you are comfortable with in the STRETCH(fully lengthened) position as you are stronger the further you get away from the stretch position(example is that your tendon is strong enough to move 30 lbs from the mid-range to the contracted position, BUT the tendon can only safely hold 25 lbs in the stretch position)...you can protect your tendon by letting the body "give" a little support by allowing the shoulders to help and leaning into the movement and not allowing the tendon be completely isolated in the stretch position...or do partial movements with a heavier weight but not going all the way down or only as far as you feel is safe to protect the tendon.

Take care Bro and I wish and pray for you a speedy recovery!! TB500, BPC157 help also and AMPLE amounts of collagen and joint repairing supplements.

My left bicep distal tendon partially tore in 2006 and finally completely tore in 2013. MRI showed complete tear. Endo button surgery 4 days later. Went through PT and it is all well now.

Lessons hopefully learned: (1)-Warm up enough..(2)-Try not to do preacher or isolation movement without first warming up with lighter weights and/or cables..I will often do isolation/preacher movements first but will make sure I am completely warmed up after about 4-6 warm up sets...(3)-ONLY use a weight that you are comfortable with in the STRETCH(fully lengthened) position as you are stronger the further you get away from the stretch position(example is that your tendon is strong enough to move 30 lbs from the mid-range to the contracted position, BUT the tendon can only safely hold 25 lbs in the stretch position)...you can protect your tendon by letting the body "give" a little support by allowing the shoulders to help and leaning into the movement and not allowing the tendon be completely isolated in the stretch position...or do partial movements with a heavier weight but not going all the way down or only as far as you feel is safe to protect the tendon.

Take care Bro and I wish and pray for you a speedy recovery!! TB500, BPC157 help also and AMPLE amounts of collagen and joint repairing supplements.
When I do preachers or standing bicep curls I don't completely extend the arm to lockout and yes I've had some close encounters with nearly causing a tear.

dated evolution of biceps tear.jpg

"Complete rupture of the right distal biceps tendon."

1421716918418.jpg

Comparison of BEFORE the distal biceps tear and AFTER the incident.

has anyone tore the bicep with no bruising at all?
think i just tore mine 12 hours ago
bicep looks like its got pulled up a bit but no bruising and minor pain, when fully lengthened it looks ok, but when flexed it looks like bicep muscle has gone up, my peak looks heaps bigger???
could this be something else????

has anyone tore the bicep with no bruising at all?
think i just tore mine 12 hours ago
bicep looks like its got pulled up a bit but no bruising and minor pain, when fully lengthened it looks ok, but when flexed it looks like bicep muscle has gone up, my peak looks heaps bigger???
could this be something else????
Sounds like mine but I had heavy bruising...but it took 24 hours. If its only been 12 hours it might not be bruising....YET. Mine felt "loose", no pain, but it literally felt like it was just floating around. That said, I still had full range of motion, and could lift and curl things. I was later told that is because my other muscles were compensating.

Sounds like mine but I had heavy bruising...but it took 24 hours. If its only been 12 hours it might not be bruising....YET. Mine felt "loose", no pain, but it literally felt like it was just floating around. That said, I still had full range of motion, and could lift and curl things. I was later told that is because my other muscles were compensating.
Does the bicep muscle kind of coming upward toward shoulder always mean a tear ? Lol I’m really trying think positive now being out of the gym for 6 months would send me insane srs

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131