over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep torn

Does the bicep muscle kind of coming upward toward shoulder always mean a tear ? Lol I’m really trying think positive now being out of the gym for 6 months would send me insane srs
You could always get on the treadmill. It would depend on which part was torn where the bicep would go.

Hey guys I have a bicep distal tear and I have to get survey anyone have experience with this?
I tore mine due to a damn explosion and it was by far the worst surgery I ever had.

It happened in 2008 and I’m still recovering from it..my shoulders killing me as I type this..some days I can’t get through a pistol day without a handful of ibuprofen and all the Copenhagen.

It’s a real motherfucker

Does the bicep muscle kind of coming upward toward shoulder always mean a tear ? Lol I’m really trying think positive now being out of the gym for 6 months would send me insane srs
I would not say "always" but if I was betting my life savings on it I would say, yes its prob torn. Why else would it be shorter? I held on to positive thinking for days...had one friend convince me it was just a huge hematoma which was forcing my bicep north (toward my shoulder). I was feeling good going into my MRI. Then I was slapped with a dose of reality. Complete distal biceps detachment that would require surgery asap. 6 weeks immobile (casted). 6 weeks in a sling. After 12 weeks I got to start rehab but no direct biceps work. Instead it was stuff like squeezing a racquetball, rotating my hand in order to increase R.O.M. and non-loading stretches. After 14 weeks I got to start using bands. I am now at 16 weeks and I am training with weights, but very light. NOTE: I hammered legs the entire time, but just started using my injured side for upper body.

I would not say "always" but if I was betting my life savings on it I would say, yes its prob torn. Why else would it be shorter? I held on to positive thinking for days...had one friend convince me it was just a huge hematoma which was forcing my bicep north (toward my shoulder). I was feeling good going into my MRI. Then I was slapped with a dose of reality. Complete distal biceps detachment that would require surgery asap. 6 weeks immobile (casted). 6 weeks in a sling. After 12 weeks I got to start rehab but no direct biceps work. Instead it was stuff like squeezing a racquetball, rotating my hand in order to increase R.O.M. and non-loading stretches. After 14 weeks I got to start using bands. I am now at 16 weeks and I am training with weights, but very light. NOTE: I hammered legs the entire time, but just started using my injured side for upper body.
i know exactly what your saying and your right
im just hoping for a miracle as i have a pretty important comp coming up in 7 months
looking for any hope i can pull it off

i know exactly what your saying and your right
im just hoping for a miracle as i have a pretty important comp coming up in 7 months
looking for any hope i can pull it off
If it's a partial tear then back off it a bit and let it heal, but a complete tear yeah you need surgery and may impact your show.

Tore my right Quad tendon completely. Major bleeding and bruising in my lower leg. I believe any tear will discolor pretty bad.
Completely healed now. Going much lighter on squats, leg press is good though.

Tore my right Quad tendon completely. Major bleeding and bruising in my lower leg. I believe any tear will discolor pretty bad.
Completely healed now. Going much lighter on squats, leg press is good though.
How did you tear it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks Bro!

How did you tear it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks Bro!
It's been almost 2 years, but I slipped on black ice and fell down a flight of concrete steps. When I hit the bottom, I landed on my back with my knee bent completely behind me. I felt and heard it pop. I knew I had a major tear instantly. Everything below my knee turned purple.

I tore mine on my right side. Complete tear, bicep rolled up like a fruit roll up but after 7 months I was lifting fine and after a year I felt 90-95% with no issues. My shoulder surgery on my other side causes more pain to my bicep than my torn bicep.

It's been almost 2 years, but I slipped on black ice and fell down a flight of concrete steps. When I hit the bottom, I landed on my back with my knee bent completely behind me. I felt and heard it pop. I knew I had a major tear instantly. Everything below my knee turned purple.
Yikes, ice does it every time. Seven years ago I rolled my right knee slipping on a patio that had a layer of ice from freezing rain that happened overnight. Pain city for sure!

just had the surgery yesterday, they nailed the tendon back into place
was yours a bit painful day after surgery??
extremely uncomfortable and hard to sleep??
had to take endone and valium to get a bit of sleep

Nailed as in nailing with a hammer? Sounds scary to be honest though and here's to your recovery!

Yes post op was painful. Sneezing was the worst at it would jar my biceps causing shooting pain. Could only sleep on one side and moving around in bed was a chore. Even yawning hurt. The worst part was every time I felt my biceps shoot pain, I feared it had become detached. Its been 4 months post op and my biceps is at least an inch shorter than the other. It is so noticable that they wanted to do another MRI to ensure it was still attached. It actually looks the same as right after I tore it so there is a chance it did not stay attached. But it feels strong and I have no pain so I declined the MRI as I won't have surgery again even if the first surgery was unsuccessful. I will just have to live with a short biceps.

ps... also had significant hand, wrist, finger swelling for a couple MONTHS after.

Yes post op was painful. Sneezing was the worst at it would jar my biceps causing shooting pain. Could only sleep on one side and moving around in bed was a chore. Even yawning hurt. The worst part was every time I felt my biceps shoot pain, I feared it had become detached. Its been 4 months post op and my biceps is at least an inch shorter than the other. It is so noticable that they wanted to do another MRI to ensure it was still attached. It actually looks the same as right after I tore it so there is a chance it did not stay attached. But it feels strong and I have no pain so I declined the MRI as I won't have surgery again even if the first surgery was unsuccessful. I will just have to live with a short biceps.

ps... also had significant hand, wrist, finger swelling for a couple MONTHS after.
Mine feels weird like there’s some weird stretching inside , it goes away after a while but feels strange
Pain is slowly going but it’s a full ache and hard to sleep
Moving is definetly a chore for me too

Did you have your tendon bottoned or pinned too forearm ?
You don’t have any comparison pics do you ?
Hoping mind is good enough for competing , I was starting to really do well In comps

Mine feels weird like there’s some weird stretching inside , it goes away after a while but feels strange
Pain is slowly going but it’s a full ache and hard to sleep
Moving is definetly a chore for me too

Did you have your tendon bottoned or pinned too forearm ?
You don’t have any comparison pics do you ?
Hoping mind is good enough for competing , I was starting to really do well In comps
button procedure. here is a pic of the atrophy after 6 weeks in a cast. arm holding the phone is my good arm, the free arm is the damaged arm.

Attachments

• image0 (7).jpeg
    image0 (7).jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 23

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member